PDA

View Full Version : Murphy's Law

BBLX
12-01-2003, 01:01 AM
Is it just me or has anyone here noticed more potential races now that the roads are crappy.I cruised all last summer and not one race,now with my daily driver Mustangs,Camaro's and modded imports are pullin up beside me once a week or more at the lights.But of course both of you are sitting on ice and the car you would really like to have in those situations is hibernating in the garage.

Idratherbsidewayz
12-01-2003, 01:04 AM
Same thing for me, mostly trucks that want to dance, but a turbo rx7 got own3d on tuesday... :D

frostyda9
12-01-2003, 06:02 PM
Originally posted by BBLX
I cruised all last summer and not one race

I get at least one street ricing nimrod trying to race me just about every weekend. Maybe you just need an Integra :tongue:

rice_eater
12-01-2003, 07:55 PM
Street Racing :zzz: :drama:

illeagle
12-01-2003, 08:05 PM
that's true, When i drive the Van, All of the sudden I get everything from tuned civics, Pick-ups, to saturns full of kids, trying to race me. Light turnes green and their tires screem.
Never happens when i'm in a fast car

Zero102
12-02-2003, 12:14 AM
I seem to have different luck, I live up on signal hill, about once a week I have some 60-something guy having a mid-life crisis (a little late, but oh well) pull up beside me in a mercedes or a BMW (usually the SUV's) that wants to race. I drive an 86 944, what gives?? My car is completely stock, except the stereo, I don't go challenging people to race or anything like that.

rice_eater
12-02-2003, 01:37 PM
no one ever bothers to "waste gas" on a lowly neon :rofl: :burnout: :rofl:

Ben
12-02-2003, 08:57 PM
I've found lots of people in SUV's and Minivans have had lead feet once the cold weather hit.

Christ, I'de leave normally and guys in ther trucks would lurch forward just asking to race...and so I just accellerate to the posted speedlimit. no need to waste fuel on those people.

finboy
12-02-2003, 09:06 PM
in my daytona i couldn't get a decent race if my life depended on it, only got to race a lude and an sn95 stang gt, smoked em both. still, in the jetta, EVERYONE tries to race me.

i'm trying something new now, go with a grandpa car, watch everyone try to race you, and hand them there ass.

god bless sleepers :D

finboy
12-02-2003, 09:07 PM
i mean...

keep it at the track

:D

illeagle
12-05-2003, 07:14 PM
There's a track??

93akordse
12-15-2003, 11:40 AM
i get revved on at least twice a day down here, everyone of these high schoolers want to race my accord, and the bad part is my accord is really slow. It still will walk over these civics and v6 mustangs around here, i just don't want another ticket when i walk off from them