PDA

View Full Version : nissan murano?

Stratus_Power
08-29-2002, 12:06 AM
anyone know approx when is this car hitting the stores? my mom's car is breaking down and we will soon to be in the market for a new SUV, and this one looks pretty nice, anyone have any idea of the approx price? under 40k?

GTS Jeff
08-29-2002, 12:46 AM
u can count on it to be under 40 geez..but it wont be out for awhile. its built on the altima platform i believe

T5_X
08-29-2002, 12:45 PM
Here's an interesting tidbit: The SE semi auto tranny is a fucking 7 speed!!!!!

Zephyr
08-29-2002, 01:07 PM
i saw it at bakersfield california like last month. it was parked at a side of the road...i guess they were doing testing....the interior is sweet

todaB18c5
08-29-2002, 07:08 PM
yeah i read about the tranny.... it will be a 7 SPEED!!!!!

ninspeed
08-29-2002, 09:55 PM
yeah i read about the tranny.... it will be a 7 SPEED!!!!!

Just like the green eclipse in F&F when he tops out at 140... 7 shifts if you listen

Rage
08-30-2002, 11:39 AM
I think it is coming out later this fall or early next year. Been reading up on it.

Check out www.canadiandriver.com

And most likely it will be over $40 Geee's

Rage
08-30-2002, 11:44 AM
Check out the specs

The roomy five-passenger Murano is built on Nissan's new mid-size platform now used by the new Altima sedan, and soon to be used by the next-generation Maxima. The Murano will share the Altima's 240 horsepower-plus 3.5 litre DOHC 24 valve V6 engine, and four-wheel independent suspension, but will offer a permanently-engaged all-wheel-drive system as well as front-wheel-drive – however, my guess is that only the AWD model will be offered in Canada.

A continuously variable automatic transmission, the first one offered in a Nissan vehicle in North America, will be standard in the Murano. For drivers seeking more driving excitement, the Murano SE model will be offered with a CVT that has a 7-speed manual shift mode.

As well, the Murano will be available with Vehicle Dynamic Control (anti-skid control), which improves vehicle stability by applying individual brakes and reducing engine torque automatically on slippery road surfaces. The Murano will have standard 4-wheel vented disc brakes with Brake Assist (BA) and Electronic Brake force Distribution (EBD).

The Murano's athletic looks are a function of its wide stance, prominent 'shoulders', standard 18-inch wheels and tires, short front and rear overhangs, and high ground clearance. Aerodynamic body enhancements include an under engine body cover, front and rear tire deflectors, chin spoiler and rear spoiler. The Murano's vertically stacked headlamps will be available with high intensity discharge Xenon bulbs.

The interior has been designed to provide "first class seating" for two couples, with ample, flexible luggage space. The driver's seat offers a wide range of adjustments (including an available 8-way seat adjuster), along with adjustable throttle and brake pedals and a tilt steering wheel/gauge cluster function.

The instrument panel includes generous use of aluminum trim, an available 7-speaker Bose audio system and a standard information monitor, with HVAC, audio, trip control and navigation system (optional) controls integrated into its one-piece "floating" design. Other interior amenities include front dual zone climate controls and individual rear air conditioning vents located on the pillars.