PDA

View Full Version : China Airline, Scary landing!!!!!

CalgaryB5
12-01-2003, 02:37 AM
Imagine this is the Jet Fighter landing simulationˇK.. ???

China Airline, Scary landing!!!!! (http://my.so-net.net.tw/wen712333/landing.mpg)

Man. Do you want to land like this every time you land in Taipei, Taiwan:drama:

After landing....=:drool: :drool: :eek: :drool:

GTS Jeff
12-01-2003, 02:56 AM
haha those guys are laffing while a fuckin boeing smashes its way to a landing

Fluidic
12-01-2003, 03:29 AM
Jesus. Does anyone know what the pilot said after the landing. That's a VERY rough landing -- surprised the front landing gear didn't just snap. :eek:

5.9 R/T
12-01-2003, 03:44 AM
That can't be real. You would never pick up an intercom transmission like that on a scanner, especially that late on final, it would be tuned to the tower frequency. Not to mention that before the filming cut the plane is on a stabilized aproach, it's not until after the cut in filming that it becomes uncontrolled.

rc2002
12-01-2003, 09:52 AM
It could've fooled me. The wheels touching down and creating smoke looks very real. But they can do so much with film today.

If that did happen, I wouldn't want to ride in that plane again, or ride with that same pilot. Must've been his first day. :)

CalgaryB5
12-01-2003, 10:09 AM
LOL.... you need to ride once on China Air to feel the funniest of this.

I am lucky to ride more than once and alive.

Originally posted by 5.9 R/T
That can't be real. You would never pick up an intercom transmission like that on a scanner, especially that late on final, it would be tuned to the tower frequency. Not to mention that before the filming cut the plane is on a stabilized aproach, it's not until after the cut in filming that it becomes uncontrolled.

SinisterProbeGt
12-01-2003, 10:12 AM
:dunno: why would you fly an airline like that?

sputnik
12-01-2003, 10:20 AM
The bounce on the runway seems really fake. The motion seems "reversed then repeated"

89coupe
12-01-2003, 10:31 AM
Take-off and landings are completely automated now. The Pilot doesn't touch anything. The plane basically flies itself. I believe the only thing a pilot does now is pilot the plane to the runway after that the computer takes over.

Redlyne_mr2
12-01-2003, 10:51 AM
Haha..that reminds me of the still Dre. video

nismodrifter
12-01-2003, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Redlyne_mr2
Haha..that reminds me of the still Dre. video

hahaha :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

zzzzzzzzzzt ----- THUMP-----zzzzzzt----THUMP......
Only difference is that instead of the people inside acting all :bigpimp: they would be screaming like crazy :D :D

rc2002
12-01-2003, 11:58 AM
Take-off and landings are completely automated now. The Pilot doesn't touch anything. The plane basically flies itself. I believe the only thing a pilot does now is pilot the plane to the runway after that the computer takes over.

89coupe is right. It's been this way for a long time now. Did anyone see Die Hard 2 (almost 10 years ago)? The terrorists changed the ground level on the computer so that the plane thought the ground was 100 feet lower than it really was. Then when the plane tried to land, Ka-Boom!

CalgaryB5
12-01-2003, 12:02 PM
Choices are limited when you are in mainland China.

Originally posted by SinisterProbeGt
:dunno: why would you fly an airline like that?

hjr
12-01-2003, 12:25 PM
china airlines sucks but what can you do if your... i got beat too it^^^^^

fast_cars
12-01-2003, 12:30 PM
its crazy

tommy1223
12-01-2003, 12:32 PM
i think it's fake, cuz why would the piolit talk and remain so calm after a landing like that. he spoke right when he got in controll.

also, a plane landing and bouncing like that would snap in half and or pop the tires and break landing gears or something.

/////AMG
12-01-2003, 12:37 PM
:eek: :eek: :eek: oh my god

ryder_23
12-01-2003, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by tommy1223
i think it's fake, cuz why would the piolit talk and remain so calm after a landing like that. he spoke right when he got in controll.

There trained to remain calm cause they can face worst circumstances....plus it mighta not been the first time

As for the scanner. It can have a clear transmission, especially if your close to the source.

rice_eater
12-01-2003, 03:12 PM
hahahahaa...it must have been a joke :rofl:

sputnik
12-01-2003, 03:18 PM
are you sure it wasnt Air Mexico?

"hit the switches essssaaaaaaay!"

ryder_23
12-01-2003, 03:51 PM
^
:rofl:

tommy1223
12-01-2003, 03:52 PM
^^^^^^ AHHH HAHAHAH!!!!!

5.9 R/T
12-01-2003, 05:16 PM
Originally posted by ryder_23

There trained to remain calm cause they can face worst circumstances....plus it mighta not been the first time

As for the scanner. It can have a clear transmission, especially if your close to the source.

They're also trained not to make landings like that!

ryder_23
12-01-2003, 05:20 PM
^
Touche

Obviously they were not trained then, :rofl:

jdmmavericktR
12-01-2003, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
are you sure it wasnt Air Mexico?

"hit the switches essssaaaaaaay!"

clever.

Team_Mclaren
12-01-2003, 05:53 PM
i really dont see how thats fake....... but ya, its :eek:

EVOI
12-02-2003, 02:49 AM
weird, how can you be so sure that is China Airline??
all i see is " T & W AIR" on the side of a airplane!!

Aleks
12-02-2003, 09:27 AM
Hahahaha. There's no way a plane could bounce it's nose like that

KLCC
12-02-2003, 09:49 AM
sorry, that's not china air....there is only 2, eva air and china air, and it doesn't even look remotely close to them, so :bullshit:

hooligan
12-02-2003, 01:58 PM
Some one prove it's not real, It's to good to be fake!

5.9 R/T
12-02-2003, 04:26 PM
1. "Cabin crew prepare for landing"
- Anyone with a scanner that close to the airport would be listening in on the tower frequency, where an announcement like this would not be heard. It would be on an intercom inside the plane, something I doubt the scanner could pick up. Plus if it was China Air don't you think it would be in CHINESE?

2. At about 1/2 mile out the plane is under control.
- When landing if you are on a 'stabilized approach' 9 times out of 10 the landing will be much better then if you are having to correct all the way down. While it is true computers do fly most approaches and landings these days there are still some pilots who like to fly their own every once in a while, and in fact are required to by law.

3. Uncontrolled flight
- Only way this could have happened was a pilot overcontrolling the airplane, while it still may happen on commercial aircraft every so often it would not happen to this degree.

4. The 'bouncing'.
- The only way the nose could have come down that fast was if the pilot literally pushed the control column full forward (nose down). This could not have happened, as you are trained from your first flight that no abrupt and drastic control movements close or on the ground are to be made. Also the nose wheel is the weakest point in the landing system and if it came down that hard and fast it would simply colapse.

4. No Overshoot.
- On top of this movie breaking every lesson you are taught when you learn to fly there is no overshoot. When an approach or landing goes as bad as this one did you are supposed to apply full power, take off, and try again.

5. The calm pilot at the end of the clip.
- No way in hell would any pilot be that calm after what just happened. Again, also incorrect timing for a radio call, as any cabin anouncements are to be made once off the runway, and the tower would be the first to contact the plane at the end of the landing not the other way around.

6. "T and W Air"
- Does not exist. No such company, no such aircraft, operating in China/Asia, or elsewhere for that matter.

hooligan
12-02-2003, 04:36 PM
Maybe it was a test for a new airplane with new landing gear that can take the stress of sucha crazy landing and nothing was normal cause it was a test?

girlRACER
12-02-2003, 04:38 PM
Wow well put 5.9R/T :thumbsup:

I agree that it is fake.

5.9 R/T
12-02-2003, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by hooligan
Maybe it was a test for a new airplane with new landing gear that can take the stress of sucha crazy landing and nothing was normal cause it was a test?

A test like that would have been done on the ground, in a testing facility. They would never risk a whole plane (a used 737 alone costs in the neighbourhood of 50 million USD). Also not a new plane either, it's an Airbus A310-300 series I believe, been around since the mid eighties.

Zero102
12-02-2003, 09:36 PM
Hmm, I think captain kangaroo was flying that one.

Primer_Drift
12-02-2003, 11:49 PM
Originally posted by richardchan2002

Did anyone see Die Hard 2
LOL
Ah yes.. we must rely on Bruce Willis to educate us with his enthralling movies. I think the pilot has some control during the approach, although the GPS systems guide plane on the correct approach, I believe the pilot is responsible for the actual landing... with all the things that could go wrong, it would make sense for a person to land it rather than destroy a multi-million dollar automated system's reputation with one crash.

T&W makes aerospace parts.. dunno bout it being an airline. The audio sounds fake for sure though. It reminds me of MS flight sim 2004 when it bounces.. that plane even looks like its rendered.
R/T sounds like he knows his shit, I'd have to disagree with the bouncing bit, as I know a plane will do that if it comes down too hard (hopefully not to that extent :eek: )

Buuut if its fake, then they did a lot of work to get the shadows and smoke in there too...

5.9 R/T
12-03-2003, 03:24 AM
Originally posted by Primer_Drift

LOL
Ah yes.. we must rely on Bruce Willis to educate us with his enthralling movies. I think the pilot has some control during the approach, although the GPS systems guide plane on the correct approach, I believe the pilot is responsible for the actual landing... with all the things that could go wrong, it would make sense for a person to land it rather than destroy a multi-million dollar automated system's reputation with one crash.

T&W makes aerospace parts.. dunno bout it being an airline. The audio sounds fake for sure though. It reminds me of MS flight sim 2004 when it bounces.. that plane even looks like its rendered.
R/T sounds like he knows his shit, I'd have to disagree with the bouncing bit, as I know a plane will do that if it comes down too hard (hopefully not to that extent :eek: )

Buuut if its fake, then they did a lot of work to get the shadows and smoke in there too...

Planes do land themselves now, all the pilot does is make sure the computer does what it is supposed to do. If you have MSFS '04 you can set it up so it does with either GPS or ILS but you have to know what you are doing.

I think you are thinking of P&W (Pratt and Whitney). And no, a commercial airliner will not bounce like that on it's nose gear, maybe, and thats a big maybe, on it's mains but not on its nose.

Primer_Drift
12-03-2003, 04:03 AM
Nope meant T&W, they make engine parts for several comercial aircraft. They have since been shut down for defective parts that caused a crash. The last 4 flights I have been on I am pretty sure the approach was computer controled, but the landing styles seemed quite different (same type of plane)... interesting to know the whole thing can be done with computers now.

fast95pony
12-03-2003, 04:58 AM

89coupe is right. It's been this way for a long time now. Did anyone see Die Hard 2 (almost 10 years ago)? The terrorists changed the ground level on the computer so that the plane thought the ground was 100 feet lower than it really was. Then when the plane tried to land, Ka-Boom!

There was so much that was wrong in that movie , I can't begin to describe it !!
In order to change the ILS , you would have to physically move
the transmitter.You could change the beam angle ,but the beam would still end at the runway. Commercial aircraft also have Ground Proximity systems that provide very acurate vertical information that warns the crew when they are getting close to the ground.

5.9 R/T
12-03-2003, 09:30 AM
Originally posted by fast95pony

There was so much that was wrong in that movie , I can't begin to describe it !!
In order to change the ILS , you would have to physically move
the transmitter.You could change the beam angle ,but the beam would still end at the runway. Commercial aircraft also have Ground Proximity systems that provide very acurate vertical information that warns the crew when they are getting close to the ground.

You mean everything I learned about flying in that movie is wrong??? :dunno:

What's an alternate/diversion??? :rofl:

fast95pony
12-03-2003, 07:17 PM
Originally posted by 5.9 R/T

What's an alternate/diversion??? :rofl:

Exactly !! Of course if all the aircraft just diverted to their alternate ,there wouldn't have been a movie !!

:drama: :rolleyes: :tongue:

aviationguy
02-25-2004, 12:14 PM
The landing looks real to me. And no, the planes don't always land themselves these days. The autoland feature of most modern jets is an option installed at the request of the company purchasing the airplane. If the company or country is cheap I doubt it's equipped for autoland. It is not a required (FAA) feature of any airplane here in the USA unless the plane is certified to fly in extreme inclement weather. Most pilots elect to land the planes themselves when the weather is as good as in this video. I've been a licensed aircraft mechanic for 20 years and write aircraft maintenance manuals for a living and understand how the autoland system works. I'm also a pilot and know first hand that landings like this happen often. Once you get a plane porposing it is very hard to stop.

This may have been a training flight and the pilot could not maintain control. Windshear or wake turbulence will easily cause this to happen. The landing gear is strong enough to take this kind of punishment but would definately require a hard landing inspection afterwards.

The voice over was probably added to make the clip more comical.

t3rry
02-25-2004, 12:20 PM
this post is 3 months old:closed:

aviationguy
02-25-2004, 12:36 PM
Yeah, I know it's old but I just found it and I wanted to clear up some misconceptions people have about the airline industry. Most of the comments before mine were wrong.

angierideswitme
02-25-2004, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by t3rry
this post is 3 months old:closed:

you bring back posts all the time.

t3rry
02-25-2004, 12:48 PM
all the time? find one

EDIT: thats what i thought, ass

ZorroAMG
02-25-2004, 01:32 PM
T3rry the post whore, saying that something should be closed???? Hmmmm...have times changed ALREADY?

Aviationguy, welcome to beyond.ca and thank you for your info, there are many people on here that love to claim they know everything, nice to see them proved wrong once in a while..

hyperwhite
02-26-2004, 11:03 AM
If that did happen, I wouldn't want to ride in that plane again, or ride with that same pilot. Must've been his first day. :)

must have been his last day too

CalgaryB5
02-26-2004, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by aviationguy
The landing looks real to me. And no, the planes don't always land themselves these days. The autoland feature of most modern jets is an option installed at the request of the company purchasing the airplane. If the company or country is cheap I doubt it's equipped for autoland. It is not a required (FAA) feature of any airplane here in the USA unless the plane is certified to fly in extreme inclement weather. Most pilots elect to land the planes themselves when the weather is as good as in this video. I've been a licensed aircraft mechanic for 20 years and write aircraft maintenance manuals for a living and understand how the autoland system works. I'm also a pilot and know first hand that landings like this happen often. Once you get a plane porposing it is very hard to stop.

This may have been a training flight and the pilot could not maintain control. Windshear or wake turbulence will easily cause this to happen. The landing gear is strong enough to take this kind of punishment but would definately require a hard landing inspection afterwards.

Thanks for clear up with good info. In my past travels with China Air in China Mainland were never pleasant experiences.

Why would someone want to “Close” my controversial post??????
:whipped: :whipped:

5.9 R/T
02-28-2004, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by aviationguy

Original Link is dead.

http://www.lba.hu/video/kozlekedes/00006nk.swf

I disagree, every professional pilot I've shown this to thinks it's fake. Landings like this do not happen often, you get the odd bounce every so often, but not that bad. They all said they were surprised the nose gear didn't collapse (and that someone could actually be that bad at flying to do that). It also doesn't help that T anw W air doesn't exist, and that after some more digging this clip turns out to be a small snippet of a Heiniken Commercial.

BlackArcher101
02-29-2004, 12:29 AM
Not to mention that none of the flight controls are moving at all. Even the elevators are full back and don't move. No ground spoilers either. Sorry, just my aero engineering talking. I can assure you this is 100% fake.

aviationguy
03-10-2004, 01:35 PM
I just had a flight Sunday where the pilot landed with a 35 knot crosswind. He was all over the place with wingtip deflection close to that in the video. I was sitting in a window seat by the wing and watched carefully as the pilot struggled to get the plane on the ground.

Now, sitting in the plane where I was approximately 20-50 feet from the major wing flight controls, I could see very little control surface movement. Looking at that video (again) you are 1/4 to 1/2 MILE away and you think you can tell what position the flight controls are???!!!

If you zoom the picture you can see that the flaps are down but the elevators ARE NOT full up! The nose gear on these aircraft are designed to take this kind of punishment to keep the occupants safe. This stuff happens and if the "Professional" pilots that you showed this two say it doesn't I don't think I'd want to fly with them.

I work for a major airline and if you like I'd be happy to put you in touch with a "Professional" pilot that would back my claims up.

michaelsouris
07-11-2009, 10:30 AM
You are all wrong.
Comments from the "professional pilots" etc. are hilarious.
It is a clip from an Heineken advert used before a Netherlands/Austria game.

YouTube Heineken Advert (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQF72UtxhOA)

It was made by Hectic Electric as part of an ad campaign, and is a combination of wire-frame and CGI manipulation of an ordinary landing.

A790
07-11-2009, 10:36 AM
Holy brought back from the dead!

AE92_TreunoSC
07-11-2009, 10:45 AM
Way to correct a 5 year old post! :clap:

KoukiS14
07-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Guy just joins a car forum then manages to dig up an old, non car related thread. Amazing work.
:nut:

Tik-Tok
07-11-2009, 11:35 AM
Is there no way to lock noobs out from posting in threads older than a year?

spikerS
07-11-2009, 02:02 PM
hey, if he posted this up, someone would have dug it up, called it a repost, and then you all would have jumped on him for not using the search feature.

SCHIDER23
07-12-2009, 09:32 AM
:werd:

Plus he used the search feature that everyone keeps pointing too :D :rofl: , good work michaelsouris

71/454
07-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok
Is there no way to lock noobs out from posting in threads older than a year?

:facepalm:

Godfuader
07-12-2009, 11:53 AM
I can't play it. :dunno:

IntegraG2
07-12-2009, 12:00 PM
could be that the link is 5 to 6 years old....