PDA

View Full Version : Happy Monday Everyone!

A790
02-22-2010, 09:53 AM
http://www.handsfreemedia.com/beyond/photo.jpg

Hope your Monday is going as well as mine!

JfuckinC
02-22-2010, 09:54 AM
Looks like someone parkour'ed off your window!!

RickDaTuner
02-22-2010, 10:03 AM
When was it that Calgary became such a thief active city? I remember it used to be the kind of place where people would return your lost wallet to your mail box money and all...

What did you loose man?

jjmac
02-22-2010, 10:20 AM
Wow second one today, my gf neighbours' car was smashed too this morning.

You happen to live in the Heritage area?

Tomaz
02-22-2010, 10:56 AM
^^^ Not too far from there.

That sucks mate! Did they take anything or was it just vandal?

There seems to be a string of vandalism happening to ppl i know. So far there has been 2 broken windows, and an egging this morning.

spikerS
02-22-2010, 11:21 AM
well for once it seems mine was NOT the target of hit and run or vandalism...

still sucks man.

glassmasters! these guys rock, fast and cheap!

KrisYYC
02-22-2010, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
When was it that Calgary became such a thief active city? I remember it used to be the kind of place where people would return your lost wallet to your mail box money and all...

The boom happened. So the rejects from the other provinces came here in droves in search of jobs that pay more than $8/hr.

Once they arrived and realized you don't get paid $70k/year just for showing up, and that you can't rent a two bedroom apartment for $350 like you could back home, they turned to crime.

At least that's how I like to think of it, whether it's accurate or not ;)

adidas
02-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
Looks like someone parkour'ed off your window!!

LoL i had a good laugh!

scat19
02-22-2010, 12:40 PM
Glad you're keeping positive there bud :thumbsup:

Zewind
02-22-2010, 12:47 PM
Wow, shitty.

n1zm0
02-22-2010, 12:47 PM
looks like you have the factory deck there still, so lets guess what the unemployed waste of human life fkers took, somewhere around $3.55 from the change slot? :guns:

DeeK
02-22-2010, 12:51 PM
Originally posted by KrisYYC

The boom happened. So the rejects from the other provinces came here in droves in search of jobs that pay more than $8/hr.

Once they arrived and realized you don't get paid $70k/year just for showing up, and that you can't rent a two bedroom apartment for $350 like you could back home, they turned to crime.

Well that's pretty much true.

Nicely put.

Originally posted by n1zm0
looks like you have the factory deck there still, so lets guess what the unemployed waste of human life fkers took, somewhere around $3.55 from the change slot? :guns:

Could be worse. Happened to my buddies car for $0.50, then later happened to my car for a $50 GPS, while they left the 3K stereo in it.

Just be thankful they only smashed the glass. Mine they destroyed half the side of the car trying to pry into it. $3800 damage for $50. :nut:

Regardless, Sorry to hear A790, hopefully the rest of the day goes better.

beyond_ban
02-22-2010, 12:51 PM
Visible iPod? Wallet? Sporting goods?

That sucks man :(

I don't know why a thief would break the window with no incentive. Generally they check for unlocked doors because its so much easier and less noisy.

Vagabond142
02-22-2010, 01:02 PM
Monday can go chew on a donkey's ballsack t(-__- t)

hampstor
02-22-2010, 01:05 PM
Shitty to hear a790 - hopefully they didn't do any more damage to the interior!

Originally posted by KrisYYC

If only Bronco had the balls to say the shit Klein said back in 1982:

At a dinner in Calgary, Mayor Ralph Klein tells a group of newcomers that his city does not welcome "bums" and he'll protect Calgarians from "a lot of creeps" looking for work. Newspapers across the country carry stories with the mayor's statements attacking easterners. Klein denies the reports in this CBC Television clip, and says "the word I used was kick ass and get them out of town."

Eastern Canadians flock to Boomtown — 2,600 new people arrived in Calgary last month — to find jobs during a North American recession. As a result, the city deals with a housing crisis and the majority of bank robberies are committed by migrants.
Bums and creeps

• Though no one ever caught Klein's dinner speech on tape, Calgary Herald reporter Bob Bettson took notes while sitting anonymously in the crowd. Bettson quoted Klein as saying there were "a lot of creeps" migrating to Calgary without jobs or skills. The story said Klein promised to use such "cowboy techniques" as piling the newcomers up in jail "on top of one another" if they resorted to crime for a living. Klein denied the allegations.

• Media reports insisted Klein was referring to eastern Canadian migrants. Though Klein did not use the word "eastern," he inaccurately said Quebecers took up more Calgary jail space than native people. American media, including the comment section of the New York Times, picked up Bettson's story.
• Then-North York, Ont., Mayor Mel Lastman commented on the incident, "Klein is a bum and with less than two years as mayor, he's unskilled and wouldn't make it even as an alderman or school trustee here."

Medium: Television

Program: The National

Broadcast Date: Jan. 7, 1982

Guest(s): Ralph Klein, Keith MacElwain, Lloyd Stang
Host: Knowlton Nash
Reporter: Eve Savory

http://archives.cbc.ca/clip.asp?page=1&IDClip=2406&IDCat=336&IDCatPa=260&IDDossier=

403Gemini
02-22-2010, 01:12 PM
FML! I cant stop laughing! That is amazing, Ralph is the king!!!

At a dinner in Calgary, Mayor Ralph Klein tells a group of newcomers that his city does not welcome "bums" and he'll protect Calgarians from "a lot of creeps" looking for work. Newspapers across the country carry stories with the mayor's statements attacking easterners. Klein denies the reports in this CBC Television clip, and says "the word I used was kick ass and get them out of town."

:rofl:

HiTempguy1
02-22-2010, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by A790

Hope your Monday is going as well as mine!

I accidently turned off a groups computer that was doing a lab with us today during a 3 hour lab right at the end. I didn't die because we still received full marks. Still felt like a douche though.

Yours cost you money, mine cost me respect. Surprisingly enough, I feel more sorry for you ;)

Hope they catch the bastard!

(everyone should join in with their tales of woe today!)

QuasarCav
02-22-2010, 01:57 PM
At least it didn't happen to a Porsche or Maserati.

Feruk
02-22-2010, 01:59 PM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1

I think mine takes the cake. Destroyed my right thumb on a plate yesterday morning. had surgegy, got a cast. I woke up today realizing I can't shave properly, can't tie my shoes properly, can't use the mouse with my right hand, can't drive (legally), and most importantly can't slap-box the one eyed champ for 6 weeks!! AHH!

Happy Monday

Tomaz
02-22-2010, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Feruk

can't slap-box the one eyed champ for 6 weeks!! AHH!

Happy Monday

Shit! I know how you feel mate. Either you gotta switch hit, or get the girl to help ya out. lol

jjmac
02-22-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by HiTempguy1

Stubbed my pinky toe on the side of my table this morning, now it's swollen as fuck, it's like the size of a grape.

I can barely put my socks on and I didn't get any work done out of the office today since my safety boots would totally rape my toe LOL

adidas
02-22-2010, 04:21 PM
Cracked my oil pan today.

A790
02-22-2010, 04:33 PM
Well had it towed to Toyota. Cost is $385 + GST. I had a GPS unit, and they took it. They also took my el-cheapo sunglasses, about $6, and my junk mail in the back seat? Thanks for that ... I think.

Life moves on though. Worse things have happened. Karma's a bitch and they'll get theres eventually.

PS - I'm going to parkour their playground to spite 'em... once my back is fixed ;)

Intent_Fire
02-22-2010, 04:47 PM
I have a bad feeling that this is going to happen to my car sooner or later..

King Banana
02-22-2010, 04:56 PM
How come you towed it to the dealership?
:dunno:

I had the same thing happen early on this winter (stole my gps), drove to the pick-n-pull with no window and put the new one in in the parking lot of the junk yard, $35 total.

albeit your car is harder to find parts and parts are more expensive, but still.

A790
02-22-2010, 05:27 PM
Originally posted by King Banana
How come you towed it to the dealership?
:dunno:

I had the same thing happen early on this winter (stole my gps), drove to the pick-n-pull with no window and put the new one in in the parking lot of the junk yard, $35 total.

albeit your car is harder to find parts and parts are more expensive, but still.
To be honest, it was going tomorrow for a service anyway. This just saved me some aggro. But yes, after shopping around I am overpaying by about $85.-ish. They are also cleaning out my car (glass, etc.), so that was a big thing for me too.

Twin_Cam_Turbo
02-22-2010, 06:31 PM
My Monday consisted of:

Roll off of bed, too much pain to sit up. Get on hands and knees and stand up. Take shower and realize even a shower hurts. Scrape car off in pain, get in car and try to reach seatbelt pain free and fail, drive painfully to school and then suffer all day enduring assholes. Try unsuccessfully again to put seatbelt on pain free, drive home, sit on couch, probably wont move for a few days now.

TDFTW
02-22-2010, 07:39 PM
My monday is shit too. Not getting a paycheck this week but rather two weeks from friday, bank stole 100 bucks from me and my car shit the bed making me late for work :\

inline6turbo
02-22-2010, 07:40 PM
Tony's WRX got egged this morning :(

Cos
02-22-2010, 07:50 PM
was sick today and thought I was going to die. So I stayed home.

:poosie:

freshprince1
02-22-2010, 07:50 PM
Got up, placked for my business trip to Prince George. Prompltly forgot my cell phone. Had Wifey bring it in to work - but got to see her and the kids once more, so that was good. Had her help me shuttle my car to a better place while I'm gone. Forgot my suitcase in her car after she dropped me off back at work.

Got one of my big PO's I've been trying to get, sent it to order entry, but forgot to enter the varying quantities, had to sweet talk the grumpy order-entry people to revise it.

Airplane was late arriving in Calgary to leave for Vancouver. Had to pull a Home-Alone dash to my connecting flight.

So. Not a bad day, just a long one, I definately should have had a better breakfast.

Off to dinner with some clients. Hopefully it goes well.

CM, that sucks about your window, that's new car too right? At least they got rid of your junk mail though.

know1edge
02-23-2010, 02:59 AM

HiTempguy1
02-23-2010, 08:34 AM
Originally posted by know1edge

heh..driving on my way home after work, some prick in the opposing lane egged my windshield

It woulda been "u-turn and chokeabitch" time!

cancer man
02-23-2010, 08:46 AM
Ha i got you all beat,my apprentice got 2 DUI IN 3 WEEKS and
driving with an unauthorized license and no insurance.
Can somebody say jail time.

Any apprentices need a job.(Automotive) and f me he was good
at what he did both drinking and fixing cars.

Shlade
02-23-2010, 05:53 PM
your buddy got what he deserved

fucking moron, id say jail time and no lisence for life

know1edge
02-23-2010, 05:57 PM

reiRei
02-23-2010, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Twin_Cam_Turbo
My Monday consisted of:

Roll off of bed, too much pain to sit up. Get on hands and knees and stand up. Take shower and realize even a shower hurts. Scrape car off in pain, get in car and try to reach seatbelt pain free and fail, drive painfully to school and then suffer all day enduring assholes. Try unsuccessfully again to put seatbelt on pain free, drive home, sit on couch, probably wont move for a few days now.

Sounds like my Monday, I've got a big purple bruise on my shin, road rash on my knee and an ass bruise.. Derby Hurts. I have to keep moving though, practice tomorrow.

Dope7
02-23-2010, 10:05 PM
I hate mondays.

BerserkerCatSplat
02-23-2010, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by Feruk

and most importantly can't slap-box the one eyed champ for 6 weeks!! AHH!

See avatar for solution.