PDA

View Full Version : Family attacked by drunk teens in Mayland Heights

urban.one
02-23-2010, 09:26 AM
http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/fight+back+random+attack+drunk+teens+Mayland+Heights/2601352/story.html#ixzz0gNBtzBnG

Mom, dad fight back random attack by drunk teens in Mayland Heights

By Sherri Zickefoose, Calgary HeraldFebruary 23, 2010 7:38 AM
StoryPhotos ( 2 )

More Images » Scott Milton with daughter, Jenna Milton, 4, and his wife Amy Simonds, were attacked at a bus stop near their home in Mayland Heights Thursday afternoon.

Photograph by: Ted Jacob, Calgary HeraldA Calgary father says he feared for his life as he and his wife were swarmed by a group of drunks and beaten in front of their four-year-old child.

Scott Milton says Thursday night's attack in Mayland Heights was unprovoked.

"I don't know what they were thinking about targeting a family," said Milton, who is still nursing cuts and bruises from the beating. His wife is suffering from an infected bite wound.

Milton, 35, says he was coming home from work around 5 p.m. and riding the bus with his common-law wife and their four-year-old daughter to their northeast house.

Milton says the family sat together, chatting and looking out the window.

Also on the bus was a group of three teenagers who smelled of alcohol, he said.

"I don't know if it was a planned thing. They were on the bus, sitting at the back. They must have targeted us."

As the family stepped off the No. 33 bus at their stop along 19th Street and 8th Avenue N.E., violence erupted.

"Within half a second, you could feel the tension changing. They were looking for the easiest target they could hit."

Punches were flying and a woman spat in Milton's face.

Milton's daughter was hysterical and frightened despite a bystander running to her side to shield her from the fray.

"She was screaming for her mom. They had no regard that we had a child with us."

When the woman turned on Milton's wife, he began to think the worst was in store for them.

"I didn't know if they would take our four-year-old. It was a nightmare," he said.

Milton says both he and his wife fought the attackers off and they fled the scene.

"It was very violent, very quickly. I don't think they expected our response to fight back," said Milton.

The trio left behind a string of belongings and clothing, all of which was picked up by police, he said.

Two days later, Milton said he spotted his attackers while driving home.

The suspects entered a home just a few houses away from his own, Milton said.

"One was wearing the same puffy white jacket and there they were."

No charges have yet been laid.

The surprise attack brought to mind the city's most recent homicide, said Milton. Marcus Deveaux was beaten to death on an Inglewood street Feb. 8 after a chance encounter. Two men are charged with second-degree murder.

"That was fresh on my mind. All he got killed for was a cigarette. I could have been dead," said Milton.

"This is new for this area."

Milton says his family is still traumatized from the attack, and isn't sleeping well.

"My four-year-old is drawing pictures she shouldn't. She's drawing us with smiley faces, and her with a frown and the three monsters who attacked us."

szickefoose@theherald. canwest.com

© Copyright (c) The Calgary Herald

Read more:

JfuckinC
02-23-2010, 09:28 AM
That sucks.. i always wanna be near a situation like this so i can justify it haha..

Cos
02-23-2010, 09:31 AM
that is scary. That intersection is super ghetto.

1slw4dr
02-23-2010, 09:33 AM
That is fucked up!

JfuckinC
02-23-2010, 09:35 AM
If he knows where they live he should just burn down their house? :dunno:

spikerS
02-23-2010, 09:38 AM
fuck, why can't shit like this go down when I am around?

those fucking punks would not have been able to leave the scene if they wanted to.

Kloubek
02-23-2010, 09:43 AM
^^^ ditto.

In front of their 4-year-old kid. Brutal.

Super_Geo
02-23-2010, 09:44 AM

mr2mike
02-23-2010, 09:47 AM
Reminds me of this unprovoked attack (no kid or family) but some by-standard in a Reggie Bush jersey looks like his dream finally comes true and helps out the guy like a wrecking ball.

8a-6RIxneVw

Those people should be charged for sure. Also can they not sue them for the emotional distress they put the little girl in?

syeve
02-23-2010, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by Kloubek

In front of their 4-year-old kid. Brutal.

I can't believe someone would do that? Why haven't charges been laid? Those retards should be bull whipped.

Supa Dexta
02-23-2010, 09:48 AM
I'd rent a car, wait for a light snow and run them down... ooops didnt' mean to hit them, car was out of control!

Crymson
02-23-2010, 09:49 AM
Everyday, one step closer to Winnipeg.

codetrap
02-23-2010, 09:52 AM
I can't imagine what I'd do if someone threatened my wife and daughter like that. I think I'd do my level best to kill them by any means necessary. :dunno:

Edit.. this is the kindof shit that inspires me to carry a heavy blunt object with me.

Kloubek
02-23-2010, 09:53 AM
That's a wicked video mr2mike. I like how the public banded together to kick these guys' asses.

A790
02-23-2010, 09:54 AM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
I'd rent a car, wait for a light snow and run them down... ooops didnt' mean to hit them, car was out of control!
Make sure it's a Toyota ;)

JfuckinC
02-23-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by codetrap
Edit.. this is the kindof shit that inspires me to carry a heavy blunt object with me.

lol, i carry two...

A790
02-23-2010, 09:55 AM
Originally posted by JfuckinC

lol, i carry two...
Are they called righty and lefty? haha

BerserkerCatSplat
02-23-2010, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by A790

Make sure it's a Toyota ;)

Damn, beat me to it. :rofl:

JfuckinC
02-23-2010, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by A790

Are they called righty and lefty? haha

AKA the gorilla mits lol

Toyota was the first thing i thought of when i read that too :rofl:

l/l/rX
02-23-2010, 10:10 AM
Originally posted by mr2mike
Reminds me of this unprovoked attack (no kid or family) but some by-standard in a Reggie Bush jersey looks like his dream finally comes true and helps out the guy like a wrecking ball.

8a-6RIxneVw

Those people should be charged for sure. Also can they not sue them for the emotional distress they put the little girl in?

that was too awesome! :love:

Mar
02-23-2010, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by spikers
fuck, why can't shit like this go down when I am around?

those fucking punks would not have been able to leave the scene if they wanted to.
I'm pretty sure 3 guys would still kick your ass no matter how mad you are.

Why don't they ever interview the attackers? I can't make a judgement here based on one side of the story, I hardly believe they didn't provoke the attackers at all. It would help a lot more if they got both sides of a story before presenting it to the public to judge. That's stupid.

spikerS
02-23-2010, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by Mar

A guy with my background, size and training versus 3 drunks. I would take that bet any day.

Not saying i would come out without a scratch, but it is a sure bet that they won't be going anywhere. Look up dirty fighting, and you will find a picture of me.

but enough of me flexing my e-peen.

Mar
02-23-2010, 10:34 AM
You're still not beating up a crackhead. :)

Super_Geo
02-23-2010, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Mar
Why don't they ever interview the attackers? I can't make a judgement here based on one side of the story, I hardly believe they didn't provoke the attackers at all. It would help a lot more if they got both sides of a story before presenting it to the public to judge. That's stupid.

Yeah, good call... the new pair of parents and their 4 year old likely provoked 3 drunk teenagers... :rolleyes:

spikerS
02-23-2010, 10:49 AM
you're right, I have only ever been in the right place at the right time once, and it was for a wife beater that most of the apartment complex cheered about when i went after the guy on the greens in the common area.

But just out of curiosity, what makes you think I couldn't? Do you know something I don't? or do you know me? or these 3 idiots? Just wondering what the basis of your statements are.

Antonito
02-23-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by Mar

Why don't they ever interview the attackers? I can't make a judgement here based on one side of the story, I hardly believe they didn't provoke the attackers at all. It would help a lot more if they got both sides of a story before presenting it to the public to judge. That's stupid. This is just fucked. If it was a couple guys that got beat up, sure, maybe they asked for it.

What the fuck could they possibly have done to justify beating up a mother and father in front of their kid? Go suck a dick

A790
02-23-2010, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by Antonito
This is just fucked. If it was a couple guys that got beat up, sure, maybe they asked for it.

What the fuck could they possibly have done to justify beating up a mother and father in front of their kid? Go suck a dick
Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd the dick sucking commences...

Super_Geo
02-23-2010, 10:59 AM
The trio left behind a string of belongings and clothing, all of which was picked up by police, he said.

Two days later, Milton said he spotted his attackers while driving home.

The suspects entered a home just a few houses away from his own, Milton said.

"One was wearing the same puffy white jacket and there they were."

I've been trying to find out where Scott Milton lives, because one of these shitheads live a couple of doors down. Three Scott Miltons turn up when you search it on the White Pages, and the only one with an address is in Douglasdale.

If we can find out where S.Milton lives, maybe Beyonders in the area can keep an eye out for 3 teens, one with a puffy white jacket, 1 girl in the group... this would be within half a block of Milton's house.

Beyond CSI this shit, find out who they are, and then ruin their lives... cause you know the Canadian justice system and the Young Offender's Act means they're going to get nothing but community service from this.

bubbley
02-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Crap like this makes my blood boil...if this happend to me and my family and i did find out where these people lived..it would be equivalent to winning the lottery and on some law abiding citizen shit!

PremiumRSX
02-23-2010, 11:04 AM
Originally posted by Mar

I do believe there are 2 (or more) sides to every story but no matter how the kids were provoked it should have never escalated to point where the parents are getting beaten in front of a young child for any reason. I highly doubt it was anything like the parents physically assaulted the teens first causing them to retaliate.

Kloubek
02-23-2010, 11:04 AM

A guy with my background, size and training versus 3 drunks. I would take that bet any day.

Besides the big talk, let's not forget that at least one of these drunks was a female; not exactly likely to pose much of a threat unless she's holding a shank.

So at the end of the day, one guy beating up on two drunk teens doesn't seems out of the question at whatsoever. I'm not a small guy, but I'm also not a fighter to any degree, and I'm pretty sure *I* could pull that off. So if someone claims to have fighting training, I believe the claim...

Besides that, he's talking about stepping into the situation. I'm sure the husband could distract one of them. So really, it could be a 1-on-1 situation. I like those odds.

Super_Geo
02-23-2010, 11:05 AM
As the family stepped off the No. 33 bus at their stop along 19th Street and 8th Avenue N.E., violence erupted.

Here's the map of Route 33... they got off somewhere near at 19th Street E & 8th Ave NE. These shitheads live in the area...

http://www.calgarytransit.com/images/rte033.gif

Supa Dexta
02-23-2010, 11:06 AM
The wife has bite marks! Sketchy fight.

Jlude
02-23-2010, 11:11 AM
you're right, I have only ever been in the right place at the right time once, and it was for a wife beater that most of the apartment complex cheered about when i went after the guy on the greens in the common area.

But just out of curiosity, what makes you think I couldn't? Do you know something I don't? or do you know me? or these 3 idiots? Just wondering what the basis of your statements are.

I'm not a very big guy, but was in a mall parking lot with a buddy, sitting in our car waiting for something when we looked over to see a big massive, fat man reaching into the back seat of his two door Topaz and punching a very small boy in the back seat. His wife/the mother was in the passenger seat doing absolutely nothing. Both myself and my friend saw this and instantly ran over to the car opened the door and buddy hopped out. You can guess the rest... looking back, wish I had have dealt with it a little better than we did.

Antonito
02-23-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by Jlude
I'm not a very big guy, but was in a mall parking lot with a buddy, sitting in our car waiting for something Gee, I wonder what this could be :rofl:

Super_Geo
02-23-2010, 11:23 AM
Got the address.

One of the shitheads live within half a block of 10th Ave NE and 18A St NE. If anyone lives in the area, keep an eye out for these shitheads

Google Maps:
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=18A+street+NE+and+10th+Ave+NE&sll=51.062254,-114.013463&sspn=0.004781,0.013937&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=10+Ave+NE+%26+18A+St+NE,+Calgary,+Division+No.+6,+Alberta&t=h&z=16

Google Street View:
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=19th+street+NE+and+10th+Ave+NE&sll=51.062288,-114.013056&sspn=0.004808,0.013937&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=19+St+NE+%26+10+Ave+NE,+Calgary,+Division+No.+6,+Alberta&ll=51.062318,-114.014504&spn=0.001195,0.003484&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=51.062321,-114.014334&panoid=L3i-dAjyLn68GtxRVgpjLQ&cbp=12,59.85,,0,4.93

Jlude
02-23-2010, 11:34 AM
Gee, I wonder what this could be :rofl:

We were waiting for another friend who was in the TD bank.

I know what you were thinking... That's not correct

revelations
02-23-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by Crymson
Everyday, one step closer to Winnipeg.

Not, even, close.

Mar
02-23-2010, 11:56 AM
But just out of curiosity, what makes you think I couldn't? Do you know something I don't? or do you know me? or these 3 idiots? Just wondering what the basis of your statements are. No, no, I was just being funny with the first comment, have you ever seen a couple of crackheads fight? It's just swinging in a fury.

This is just fucked. If it was a couple guys that got beat up, sure, maybe they asked for it.

What the fuck could they possibly have done to justify beating up a mother and father in front of their kid? Go suck a dick My point is they could have done something, a lot of people are very racist and will yell at someone a little louder or be a little more sarcastic just because they don't like their skin colour or ethnicity. Who knows, maybe they are completely innocent. My only point is that I'd like to hear the other side, as rare as it might seem there might be something there. It's not an accusation, just pointing out possibilities for other truths.

Originally posted by PremiumRSX
I do believe there are 2 (or more) sides to every story but no matter how the kids were provoked it should have never escalated to point where the parents are getting beaten in front of a young child for any reason. I highly doubt it was anything like the parents physically assaulted the teens first causing them to retaliate.
This is more what I meant. People can't automatically judge based on one side of the story, that's all. I think it's irresponsible to put a story out to the public without reporting both sides.

TKRIS
02-23-2010, 12:15 PM
Hahahahaha.

I'm sure the drunk teenagers (at 5pm) who attacked a family at a bus stop would be able to clear up this whole misunderstanding.

It's not like they have an agenda or anything right. Judging by their behavior, I'm sure they'd be forthright and honest. hahaha
:rofl:

sillysod
02-23-2010, 12:38 PM
Originally posted by Super_Geo
Got the address.

One of the shitheads live within half a block of 10th Ave NE and 18A St NE. If anyone lives in the area, keep an eye out for these shitheads

Google Maps:
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=18A+street+NE+and+10th+Ave+NE&sll=51.062254,-114.013463&sspn=0.004781,0.013937&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=10+Ave+NE+%26+18A+St+NE,+Calgary,+Division+No.+6,+Alberta&t=h&z=16

Google Street View:
http://maps.google.ca/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=19th+street+NE+and+10th+Ave+NE&sll=51.062288,-114.013056&sspn=0.004808,0.013937&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=19+St+NE+%26+10+Ave+NE,+Calgary,+Division+No.+6,+Alberta&ll=51.062318,-114.014504&spn=0.001195,0.003484&t=h&z=19&layer=c&cbll=51.062321,-114.014334&panoid=L3i-dAjyLn68GtxRVgpjLQ&cbp=12,59.85,,0,4.93

http://usesoapfilm.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/movie_night_popcorn_costume.jpg

FraserB
02-23-2010, 12:40 PM
Originally posted by codetrap

ASP baton , just don't get caught with it. Most of the cowards will run like bitches if you show them one of those or a knife.

JfuckinC
02-23-2010, 12:41 PM
Originally posted by FraserB

ASP baton , just don't get caught with it. Most of the cowards will run like bitches if you show them one of those or a knife.

Fuck that shit
EBM style baby, bare knuckle brawlingggg haha :thumbsup:

msommers
02-23-2010, 01:02 PM
Wow this is pretty close to my house. Are there descriptions of the suspects?

I just looked on the map SuperGeo posted. That place is VERY close to a Lebanese family, kids who were always getting in shit in Jr. High. I heard rumor he and his brothers were dealing coke. They were into that stupid shit but never seemed like they would do this sorta thing. Might be the same people, just speculation though.

mr2mike
02-23-2010, 01:11 PM
Scout it out!

Description: puffy white jacket worn by one attacker.

Might be more details to come.

TKRIS
02-23-2010, 01:20 PM

Fuck that shit
EBM style baby, bare knuckle brawlingggg haha :thumbsup:
"Tool use" is widely regarded as one of the most important and influential events in the evolution of the human species. It serves as a benchmark for evaluating the intelligence and problem solving abilities of a wide variety of species.

You're free to use your hands if you want, but I am proud of my tool using abilities and try to make the most of them.

spikerS
02-23-2010, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by TKRIS

"Tool use" is widely regarded as one of the most important and influential events in the evolution of the human species. It serves as a benchmark for evaluating the intelligence and problem solving abilities of a wide variety of species.

You're free to use your hands if you want, but I am proud of my tool using abilities and try to make the most of them.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

by your analogy, if I was smart enough to make a compact nuke and we got into a fight, i could drop it on you and be hailed as evolved.

JfuckinC
02-23-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by TKRIS

haha mother fuckerr :rofl:

Tool Use also = Evidence/Assault with a weapon though lol

Unknown303
02-23-2010, 01:35 PM

by your analogy, if I was smart enough to make a compact nuke and we got into a fight, i could drop it on you and be hailed as evolved.

Shit if you pull that off I will definitely called you more evolved than me. I can't make nukes.... :cry:

Cos
02-23-2010, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303

Shit if you pull that off I will definitely called you more evolved than me. I can't make nukes.... :cry:

+2 :banghead:

TKRIS
02-23-2010, 01:47 PM

Not necessarily, for the same reason that using a 25lb sledge to pound finishing nails doesn't make me more "evolved", or rigging up an elaborate system of cables and pulleys to make an automatic tooth brusher doesn't make me more "evolved".
Competency of tool use isn't dictated solely by how big or complicated the tool is. Efficacy is king. The ability of a tool user is judged not by size or how impressive the tool is, but on using the correct tool, in the correct way, to achieve the desired results.

Using the correct size wrenches instead of simply using a crescent wrench for everything is, IMO, an example of efficient and intelligent tool use.

In any event, I think we'd all agree that these fuckers should be hit on the head hard enough to hurt a lot.

BigMass
02-23-2010, 01:48 PM
An ASP is legal to carry as long as it’s not concealed. Self defense is also legal. While Canada is renown for having overly idiotic controls regarding the methods law abiding citizens can use to defend themselves, they’re often blown out of proportion by people with no legal background.

What really gets me is the lack of police action involving something like this. Out of the myriad of worthless activities the police spend time on, I’d think this is one of the things I would support them being more active in. Oh wait, this isn’t a cash cow for the department. Got it now.

beyond_ban
02-23-2010, 01:51 PM
Anyone down for a Beyond group "Thug Hunt?"

I will bring along thunder and lightning :thumbsup:

brownchild
02-23-2010, 01:58 PM
still no suspects?

I hate hearing shit like this, especially when little kids are involved, thats going to be one of her earliest memories.

FraserB
02-23-2010, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by BigMass
Oh wait, this isn’t a cash cow for the department. Got it now.

If either one of the parties had been speeding when or before this happened, major crimes would all over it.:D

Unknown303
02-23-2010, 02:24 PM
I once got off on self defense. Was a pretty good/amusing feeling.

Penis McNickels
02-23-2010, 02:44 PM
Originally posted by Unknown303
I once got off on self defense. Was a pretty good/amusing feeling.

That's a new one, I usually just call it "self-pleasuring". But I do agree; it is quite a good feeling.

maxomilll
02-23-2010, 02:57 PM
Originally posted by Mar

^^^ i agree with this. By no means am i defending the attackers, because no matter how provoked, should the situation rise to such a violent level.
But when i was about 17 and still a new and inexperienced driver, I was driving a buddy home some time in the afternoon.
I took a right turn at an intersection on a red, which is legit, but being 17 i forgot to check if anyone was coming to my left on the green. So I accidentally cut this someone off. it was at normal speeds so if an accident did take place, it wouldn't have been bad, just a shitty deal. but still yes I take fault for cutting him off. my bad.
This guy then proceeds to follow me and my friend home, all the while honking insanely. I pull over and roll down the window. The guy then runs to my car shakes the half rolled down window so hard that its almost breaking screaming obscenities then grabs me and try's to pull my from the car out my window. My reaction to this was to pull the bastard into my car, and feed him a couple shots to the dome. He retreats, spits on my face and runs back to his car, all the while i still have my seatbelt on. I jump out kick the side of his car door in has he try's to drive away still fuming mad with his spit still dripping from the side of my head. He slams on the brake and gets out of his car again, only for me to realize he has a little girl in the backseat and a wifey in the passenger. He starts to yell again gingerly pushing me. telling my i could have killed his family, he wants to fight. I tell him to make a better example for his daughter, get in my car and drive away.

Now if this made it to the media, it would have looked like two 17 year old males fought a father with family watching. In this scenario we got attacked.
Again by no means defending the attackers, i just want to hear BOTH sides of the story before I make a judgment.

***edit

dude, if someone pulled a knife at a fight and you where unarmed, I'm pretty sure you'd run to. why is the cowardly, fuck getting stabbed in a useless fight.

Mar
02-23-2010, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by maxomilll
I took a right turn at an intersection on a red, which is legit, but being 17 i forgot to check if anyone was coming to my left on the green. So I accidentally cut this someone off.
Interesting story and no point arguing something that happened so long ago but I got a little confused reading this. At any red light, even if you're turning right, you have to come to a complete stop. If you didn't come to a complete stop then it would make sense but then you're running a red light. That might have contributed to his anger, not only that you endangered him but you did so while breaking the law. :dunno: Anyway, I was just trying to get the picture in my head to understand the story.

maxomilll
02-23-2010, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by Mar
Interesting story and no point arguing something that happened so long ago but I got a little confused reading this. At any red light, even if you're turning right, you have to come to a complete stop. If you didn't come to a complete stop then it would make sense but then you're running a red light. That might have contributed to his anger, not only that you endangered him but you did so while breaking the law. :dunno: Anyway, I was just trying to get the picture in my head to understand the story.

i stopped at the red light then proceeded the right turn after only a quick glance out a foggy window (it was winter and at 17 i was driving pos with no heat). but defiantly it was my fault, and when i pulled over after him following me i expected to have a chat, not get assaulted. This was also in a neighbor hood where no one is going to fast, so cutting him off wasn't a result in a near death experience.

Mitsu3000gt
02-23-2010, 07:42 PM
^^^ I agree with the above, and that is a good example of the "2 sides" thing. I've had a couple similar experiences but they didn't get physical. Again, I would like to acknowledge that the family certainly did not deserve what happened, but they may have made a comment about "no good drunk teens" or something to that effect where they didn't think the kids heard them. I hear people make comments like that about people all the time for various reasons, and people can usually hear more than you think they can. Clearly, that doesn't deserve assault but its entirely possible they were somehow provoked, even if it was harmless.

Van Persie
02-23-2010, 08:04 PM
Why haven't charges been laid yet?

Shlade
02-23-2010, 08:13 PM
thats so terrible! Theres so many sick human beings out there..

It seriously makes me so mad! no concience at all whats so ever.

Stupid pricks

nrt_vw
02-23-2010, 09:09 PM
makes me sick. to many of these thug wannabe's popping up all over the place. hope some justice (of any sort) floats their way

nonlinear
02-23-2010, 09:22 PM
after reading the article and replies to this thread, i'm open to the "2 sides" idea. i mean shit, look at the healed knife scar on that dood's cheek! he's certainly not the angel the article makes him out to be.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/2601790.bin

msommers
02-23-2010, 09:22 PM
Originally posted by Van Persie
Why haven't charges been laid yet?

Apparently no charges will be laid. After investigating, police concluded it was not a random act and the parents were layin it on pretty thick to the drunkards. Still, in front of a child? Pathetic.

Mitsu3000gt
02-24-2010, 09:56 AM
Interesting, I'm not surprised in the least. An attack wasn't necessary but there is almost always 2 sides to every story no matter how 1-sided it looks.

TimG
02-24-2010, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by nonlinear
after reading the article and replies to this thread, i'm open to the "2 sides" idea. i mean shit, look at the healed knife scar on that dood's cheek! he's certainly not the angel the article makes him out to be.

In the online herald article they also have a photo shortly after the attack and that scar on his cheek and the one over his eye were fresh - he got them during the attack.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/2601791.bin?size=620x400

Mixalot27
02-24-2010, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by msommers
Apparently no charges will be laid. After investigating, police concluded it was not a random act and the parents were layin it on pretty thick to the drunkards. Still, in front of a child? Pathetic.

Source? I didn't see this mentioned in the papers.

Quiet10
02-24-2010, 10:07 AM
I figured it wasn't completely random. It makes more sense why they attacked... This wouldn't have happened if the family just minded their own business (i'm not defending the kids actions, they're idiots for attacking them). :rolleyes:

PremiumRSX
02-24-2010, 10:46 AM
Originally posted by Mixalot27

Source? I didn't see this mentioned in the papers.

I would like a link too. I didn't see it.

403Gemini
02-24-2010, 12:34 PM

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/2601790.bin

Originally posted by TimG

In the online herald article they also have a photo shortly after the attack and that scar on his cheek and the one over his eye were fresh - he got them during the attack.

http://www.calgaryherald.com/news/2601791.bin?size=620x400

Owned ;)

Besides, even if the scar was prior, who cares what he has done in the past - it's his actions immediatly prior to the attack.

Sure there are two sides to every story but the fact is with a child there, it shouldn't have escalated that much.

beyond_ban
02-24-2010, 12:54 PM
i mean shit, look at the healed knife scar on that dood's cheek!

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Khyron
02-24-2010, 01:14 PM

Unless the parents physically assaulted the teens first, there should be assault charges! You don't get to punch and kick someone even if they are calling you trailer trash/hoodlums/crack heads/etc.

403Gemini
02-24-2010, 01:23 PM

This is the biggest bullshit ever! As Khyron said doesnt matter what the parents were saying, for all we know the kids were acting unruly and then the parents started piping up (ive seen it lots, dumb ass kids on a bus and somebody telling them to smarten the fuck up).

beyond_ban
02-24-2010, 01:25 PM
Still, in front of a child? Pathetic.

Maybe they were HAMMERED and thought it was a midget?

Supa Dexta
02-24-2010, 01:28 PM
Knife scar! :rofl:

Its clearly a recent scratch. :nut:

HiTempguy1
02-24-2010, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta
Knife scar! :rofl:

Its clearly a recent scratch. :nut:

Somebody needs to make a "why so serious" chop ASAP!

:rofl:

Kloubek
02-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Well, if they were egging the teens on, then I could see how it escalated. Especially when you introduce alcohol.

But regardless, a stupid act by the parents should never have resulted in a ridiculously stupid act from the teens.

Since when does bitching at someone give them the lawful right to kick your ass? That should be considered assult, last I checked.

AudiPWR
02-24-2010, 02:06 PM
I was near a situation similar to this where two drunk indians were harassing these 3 young teens at a bus stop. Me and a buddy strolled by and just asked what the problem was, blah, blah. Anyway's one of the injens swings his beer bottle at my buddes skull, misses his face and hit his shoulder not even shattering and then all hell broke loose. To say the least it backfired very fast on those two, this was a year out of high-school and I thought it was cool to carry brass knucks.
The girls thanked us very very much and told us they were scarred to death they were going to rape them and such because the indians were trying to take their phones and purses and shit...

That sucks.. i always wanna be near a situation like this so i can justify it haha..

CUG
02-24-2010, 04:31 PM
Mar's the type of person who wouldn't have helped this family out if he witnessed it going down. That's why there's people like Spikerz, and myself and a few others in this thread around. We still possess a penis and testicles, and would do something about it. Mar, go be a metrosexual flamer somewhere else. This thread, and your pussy demeanor do not belong together.

beyond_ban
02-24-2010, 04:47 PM
^^ You talk like your avatar haha.

Your metro remark reminded me of this...

http://ihamlet.net/metro_sexual2.jpg