PDA

View Full Version : Recaro Baby seat

j.garner
02-23-2010, 10:59 AM
Has anyone seen these before im having my first baby and came across it heres a link to them. http://www.recarochildseat.com/RECARO-Como-G2.pro

i guess there not csa approved. so not legal in canada does anyone know what the best brands are for baby seats out there.

JAYMEZ
02-23-2010, 11:03 AM
Tunerworks had one.

If you want a good baby seat , go to the Bay , they are pretty good prices.. Ive got two from there. Just remember to get Dark Colors.. kids love to spill everything on them , they get dirty FAST.

SilverGS
02-23-2010, 11:27 AM
Everyone seems to say the Peg Pergo car seat is the safest.

dirtsniffer
02-23-2010, 12:39 PM
my sister in law has a car seat that doubles into a stroller and has a handle, pretty cool.. Maybe a common feature but what do i know

Madspinner
02-23-2010, 01:00 PM
yeah we have one that it comes out of the car and attches into the stroller, Walmart has some good ones. Our new car seat is a eddie bauer .

5000Audi
02-23-2010, 01:03 PM
what do you need a convertable or just front facing? i picked one up al walmart for my daughter the other week for like $79 bucks and its a convertable

j.garner
02-23-2010, 01:23 PM
I think a convertable would be the best bet im looking at britax brand now. my wife has been looking at user reviews and almost everyone gives them a 5/5 probably going to be hard too convince her other wise. Does anyone on here have one from this brand. Also anyone know a good place to look for a crib.?

94boosted
02-23-2010, 02:42 PM
This one looks very well bolstered so if you took your car to the track with the baby in the back seat it should be fairly comfortable :dunno:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: JK

JC Civic
02-23-2010, 03:04 PM
I have the Britax Marathon. It has amazing reviews both online and from people I know in person that have it. I can't compare it to anything else since it's the only carseat we have other then the bucket seat we used when he was little, which made life much easier and I would recomend for a newborn. I do love our Marathon.

My friend has both a marathon and a cheaper one and she says without a doubt she loves the marathon way more. It was easier to install, felt more sturdy and her daughter looked more comfortable in it.

Some other popular and well rated convertable seats are:
Britax Boulevard
Sunshine Kids Radian
First Years True Fit

As for cribs it depends on what you want to spend. People like the ikea crib. Walmart, Zellers, The Bay, Sears and Babies R Us all have cribs at similar prices. Don't pay full price though, they always go on sale. Or you can more up to the expensive cribs at places like E-children. Personally the only one I wouldn't buy is a storkcraft since they have been recalled a few times in the last couple years.

j.garner
02-23-2010, 03:29 PM
lol the recaro seat looked pretty cool but i tihnk im going to go with a britax. kids are expensive but am really excited this is going to be my first. any tips for a new dad? seems like there are alot of dads on the forum here.

Oh a mod can move this to general if they want seems to have strayed away from general car talk.

2EFNFAST
02-23-2010, 03:53 PM
Does it really matter if it's not CSA or whatever approved? My mr10 lexan windshields arn't dot/tc/whatever approved and they're 100x superior to any glass on the market.

codetrap
02-23-2010, 04:02 PM
We have a Britax Roundabout that we used, and it was great if you're not looking to have one that's a bucket style. If you're looking for one that's a removable bucket in a base, then Chicco Keyfit rates very high.

As a matter of fact, we're just finished with our Roundabout, so if you're interested in it, I'm sure we could make a mutually satisfactory deal. :)

Will@STRD
02-23-2010, 04:07 PM
U can't acutally use Recaro in Canada as it is not CSA Approved
I got the Pre Perego from Bo Babe I think my wife said it has one of the best safey rating on it and you can attach the car seat into the stroller; but the consequence is that the car seat is really heavy compare to other brands and it only seat up to 22lbs (most other brand is higher I believe) If u decide to buy from Bo Babe u get 5% off if u sign up for the membership card

baygirl
02-23-2010, 10:34 PM
You should consider Britax travel system. Say your wife wants to go to the mall, and the baby falls asleep on the way. Instead of having to take the baby out of the car seat, you just take out the seat, and hopefully baby keeps sleeping. And if you have 2 vechicles, you can buy an extra base, instead of having to transfer the carseat. When you look for a stroller, it's a good idea to get one that fully reclines, and if possible a reversible handle. As for advice, you and your wife should make a rule for after the baby comes-whatever you say in the middle of the night when you are both sleep deprived, can't be held against you the next day. As for right now, remember she is busy growing a human being, so what she says goes.

KandabashiDevil
02-23-2010, 10:39 PM
Recaro's are super crazy!

The suede they use is nicer than the suede in my cars' Recaro seats :rofl: They are extremely hard to get, but the price on them is really reasonable.

nonlinear
02-23-2010, 11:19 PM
wow thats cool that you having kid but it wood be really nice if youcent your kid to good school where thay taut good engrish it wood really help there ability to diel with society.

Kardon
02-23-2010, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
Does it really matter if it's not CSA or whatever approved? My mr10 lexan windshields arn't dot/tc/whatever approved and they're 100x superior to any glass on the market.

Word, who needs some sort of testing done when it comes to baby seats, its all about being different man.

Sykes
02-24-2010, 12:02 AM
Originally posted by j.garner
... but am really excited this is going to be my first. any tips for a new dad? seems like there are alot of dads on the forum here.

I came across www.beingdadusa.com and downloaded their free eBook (link on the right hand side of the page). I found it pretty insightful - there's some really good info in there :thumbsup:

Short clip on new dads (from the same site)
L3j1ltaJims

JordanEG6
02-24-2010, 12:21 AM
I believe KAOS on Beyond bought one while back IIRC.

Clever
02-24-2010, 12:25 AM
We had the Peg Perago that attached to our stroller for the first 6 months, we now have the Britax boulevard I think, go check out Kazc Kids or E- children most of our stuff came fr those two stores. And a great book to pick up would be "Healthy Sleep Habits" by Weisbluth. Definitely helped us out. Also, Radian car seat have a steel frame so they are a little heavy, probably not for you but the wife might have a hard time, and make sure you secure the baby in properly, if you get pulled over with a car seat most often than not they will inspect if the baby is in there properly if not you get tickets and have to attend a training course/ seminar, fun stuff....

kevie88
02-24-2010, 12:56 AM
I have a recaro baby seat and love it. It's really big however, if you haven't got a large vehicle it won't work very well in a rear facing app. I'm going to wait till I can use it in the forward facing position. Till then it will be a spare seat in the second car.

If you could see one of these seats you'd know it is infinately superior to the pieces of shit plastic fantastics we get here. The "approved" car seat we're using now is compete garbage by comparison. A real metal frame surrounded by one of the best and softest material I've ever felt, it's a real quality piece. We emailed recaro USA when we bought the seat and they told us that they have not paid the CSA standards test because the market was too small and with the massive cost involved to pass Canadian standards it would take 10 years plus to make it worthwhile. Csa standards are a joke. "Pay us eleventy billion dollars and you can destribute your products here!!"

We have the sigmo tormo model. Beautiful car seat and I'm looking forward to using it daily.

On a side note, there is probably going to be harmonization between CSA and US standards soon.

2EFNFAST
02-24-2010, 02:40 AM
Originally posted by kevie88
We emailed recaro USA when we bought the seat and they told us that they have not paid the CSA standards test because the market was too small and with the massive cost involved to pass Canadian standards it would take 10 years plus to make it worthwhile. Csa standards are a joke. "Pay us eleventy billion dollars and you can destribute your products here!!"

That's what I figured.

If it's good enough for the US, it's good enough for us here.:thumbsup:

Zero102
02-24-2010, 10:58 AM
For people recommending car seats, could you also post where you got them and approximately what you paid? We are expecting a little one this June, and my wife's parents insist on buying us a car seat but want our input on what to get.

j.garner
02-24-2010, 11:33 AM
I have a recaro baby seat and love it. It's really big however, if you haven't got a large vehicle it won't work very well in a rear facing app. I'm going to wait till I can use it in the forward facing position. Till then it will be a spare seat in the second car.

If you could see one of these seats you'd know it is infinately superior to the pieces of shit plastic fantastics we get here. The "approved" car seat we're using now is compete garbage by comparison. A real metal frame surrounded by one of the best and softest material I've ever felt, it's a real quality piece. We emailed recaro USA when we bought the seat and they told us that they have not paid the CSA standards test because the market was too small and with the massive cost involved to pass Canadian standards it would take 10 years plus to make it worthwhile. Csa standards are a joke. "Pay us eleventy billion dollars and you can destribute your products here!!"

We have the sigmo tormo model. Beautiful car seat and I'm looking forward to using it daily.

On a side note, there is probably going to be harmonization between CSA and US standards soon.

Did you have any issues with shipping or customs when you bought the baby seat from recaro usa.?

dexlargo
02-24-2010, 12:12 PM
any tips for a new dad? seems like there are alot of dads on the forum here. I never realized how important sleep was until I had six months of no sleep.

The best advice I could give any parent before a baby comes is to attend this seminar (http://raymondparenting.com/seminars/) called "Sleep from the Start". For my first kid it took six months of absolute hell before we found about this lady and learned how to get our kid to sleep through the night. For our second kid, we went again a month before the due date just to get a refresher. Our second kid was a breeze compared to the first because we got sleep. Also, when your kids get good sleep, they seem to be much happier, less fussy babies when they are awake.

Go to the course and do the things you're taught. Your life will be so much better for it.

kevie88
02-24-2010, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by dexlargo
I never realized how important sleep was until I had six months of no sleep.

The best advice I could give any parent before a baby comes is to attend this seminar (http://raymondparenting.com/seminars/) called "Sleep from the Start". For my first kid it took six months of absolute hell before we found about this lady and learned how to get our kid to sleep through the night. For our second kid, we went again a month before the due date just to get a refresher. Our second kid was a breeze compared to the first because we got sleep. Also, when your kids get good sleep, they seem to be much happier, less fussy babies when they are awake.

Go to the course and do the things you're taught. Your life will be so much better for it.

I must be the only guy on earth whose baby sleeps through the night.. He goes down around 11:30pm and will sleep straight thru till 7am or so. He's been doing it ever since we brought him home, he's nearly seven weeks now. :dunno:

xrayvsn
02-24-2010, 12:39 PM

+1

I have 2 Recaros for my kids, but now they are utilized in their booster seat mode.

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q318/xrayvsn_sti/IMG_0051.jpg

http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q318/xrayvsn_sti/IMG_0053.jpg

slinkie
02-25-2010, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Kardon

Word, who needs some sort of testing done when it comes to baby seats, its all about being different man.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dexlargo
02-26-2010, 12:43 AM
I must be the only guy on earth whose baby sleeps through the night.. He goes down around 11:30pm and will sleep straight thru till 7am or so. He's been doing it ever since we brought him home, he's nearly seven weeks now. :dunno: You might not be the only one, but from the people that I know, you're definitely in the minority. I know people with 3 year olds who are still waking up 3-4 times a night! Take a second to appreciate how good you have it!

kevie88
02-27-2010, 11:18 AM
You might not be the only one, but from the people that I know, you're definitely in the minority. I know people with 3 year olds who are still waking up 3-4 times a night! Take a second to appreciate how good you have it!

I thank my lucky stars every day, trust me haha

kevie88
02-27-2010, 11:42 AM

Did you have any issues with shipping or customs when you bought the baby seat from recaro usa.?

Sorry I missed your question! No, there were no problems with customs but I had to have the seat sent to my mother-in-law in Seattle and then she forwarded it to us. The retailer wouldn't ship to us directly.

codetrap
02-28-2010, 08:14 PM
You might not be the only one, but from the people that I know, you're definitely in the minority. I know people with 3 year olds who are still waking up 3-4 times a night! Take a second to appreciate how good you have it!

Our almost 2 year old is going to bed around 7:30-8pm and sleeping through till around 6:30 am. I'm pretty happy about that most days.

quadracer111
04-11-2010, 03:17 PM
DAD TIP:
Dont be over protective, but be protective.
Show interest in what your kid is doing, and don't make a big deal over the little things. Tell them what they did was wrong and forget about it. Don't hold nothing on them, its hard on the kid..

jdmakkord
04-11-2010, 09:12 PM
Originally posted by quadracer111
DAD TIP:
Show interest in what your kid is doing, and don't make a big deal over the little things. Tell them what they did was wrong and forget about it. Don't hold nothing on them, its hard on the kid..

Ok 1994, thanks tips. :rofl:

Zero102
04-12-2010, 08:30 AM
Originally posted by quadracer111
DAD TIP:

Do you always search for random 1 1/2 month old threads to make useless contributions of cliche sayings?