PDA

View Full Version : Why are some fast food places still not using gloves?

copynpaste
02-24-2010, 12:27 PM
I see most are, but ive been to quite a few lately where the girl/guy will be making peoples subs/ whatever bare handed! They go make your food then handle your cash right after. If this is the case, i tell them i dont want it anymore and walk out. You would think something as simple as wearing gloves would be pretty standard these days everywhere.

TomcoPDR
02-24-2010, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by copynpaste
You would think something as simple as wearing gloves would be pretty standard these days everywhere.

Definitely not Chinese restaurants

Speedy
02-24-2010, 12:51 PM
Whats the big deal? What protection do you think the gloves are giving you? Do they change the gloves after they touch the knife then touch your sub that someone else touched with an ungloved hand...did they use gloves to bring the buns out of the oven or unpack the meats. We have immune systems for a reason.

Medics, Doctors, nurses, police officers etc all wear gloves to protect themselves not to protect you :D

Fast food staff wearing gloves is more about PR then about increasing any health and safety!

dj_rice
02-24-2010, 01:01 PM
What they should introduce instead of rubber gloves is food safe sanitizer. Squirt, make sandwich, get money. And repeat

Thaco
02-24-2010, 01:13 PM
meh, it hasn't killed me yet.

beyond_ban
02-24-2010, 01:23 PM
I'm not a germaphobe, so it usually doesn't affect me. On the odd occasion if i see them doing something disgusting then immediately after handling my food, then its game over.

topmade
02-24-2010, 01:33 PM
Some of the places I see that use gloves use it for everything, like prepping the food, then at the till handling cash, then prepping food again with the same gloves. So in that case it wouldn't make any difference.

Kloubek
02-24-2010, 01:42 PM
I went to Pizzatime on the corner of 17th and 52nd once.

DON'T go there.

The guy was handling raw meat with his hands, answering the phone, taking cash, then making our food.

I was not impressed. But I was too tired and hungry to ask for a refund.

copynpaste
02-24-2010, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by Speedy
Whats the big deal? What protection do you think the gloves are giving you? Do they change the gloves after they touch the knife then touch your sub that someone else touched with an ungloved hand...did they use gloves to bring the buns out of the oven or unpack the meats. We have immune systems for a reason.

Medics, Doctors, nurses, police officers etc all wear gloves to protect themselves not to protect you :D

Fast food staff wearing gloves is more about PR then about increasing any health and safety!

So youre fine with a stranger who deals with cash all day, probably picks their nose here and there and I can assure you had to clean the floors or washroom at some point on that day, making your food?

Im guessing you dont wash your hands after you go to the can...

King Banana
02-24-2010, 01:46 PM
I bet you would have a heart attack OP if you seen what goes on at some restaurants in the back while they prepare your food.

Subway is the least of your worries.

Crymson
02-24-2010, 01:50 PM
I'm pretty sure it is against the health code to handle money AND food without gloves (make food, take gloves off, handle money, put new gloves on).

Money is GROSS.

sputnik
02-24-2010, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by Speedy

Bingo.

I would rather have someone just wash their hands than wear gloves that their dirty hands just touched while putting them on.

taemo
02-24-2010, 01:54 PM
meh doesn't bother me.
grew up in asia eating street foods.

and I rarely get sick.

sputnik
02-24-2010, 01:57 PM
Were some of you guys born in a bubble?

Do you expect your relatives to wear gloves when preparing a family meal?

403Gemini
02-24-2010, 02:09 PM
Originally posted by King Banana
I bet you would have a heart attack OP if you seen what goes on at some restaurants in the back while they prepare your food.

Subway is the least of your worries.

:werd:

Subway IMHO is one of the cleanest places you can eat. They wear gloves when they make your food, dispose of the gloves after they made it/packed it, then put on a new pair every sub.

Restaurants like earls, joeys, moxies, east side marios, etc.... well lets just say we've all eaten our fair share of floor steaks...

alloroc
02-24-2010, 02:21 PM

So youre fine with a stranger who deals with cash all day, probably picks their nose here and there and I can assure you had to clean the floors or washroom at some point on that day, making your food?

Im guessing you dont wash your hands after you go to the can...

Health rules.

If they are making sandwiches only or working in the kitchen only (as with any other 'chef' they do not need gloves. Only need to wash hands when returning to the area.

If they are working cash and prepping food they must wash hands after working with cash (this is the same as returning to the food area above). Some places use gloves because washing 80 times a shift is not only hard on the hands but wastes time - you have to wash with soap for a minimum of 30 seconds to be effective.

Personally I think washing is more sterile as there is a pile of 'transfer' when the gloves are put on.

kenny
02-24-2010, 02:23 PM
Guess the OP never eats sushi.

nonlinear
02-24-2010, 02:25 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

Subway IMHO is one of the cleanest places you can eat. They wear gloves when they make your food, dispose of the gloves after they made it/packed it, then put on a new pair every sub.

Restaurants like earls, joeys, moxies, east side marios, etc.... well lets just say we've all eaten our fair share of floor steaks...

really? not the one I go to (university). there, they have an assembly line and the workers don't take their gloves off for hours. in the meantime, they are opening cupboards, the toaster thing, handling knives, etc., all of which i'm sure are "contaminated."

signature7
02-24-2010, 02:42 PM
Most subways minus the University subway, puts on new gloves, makes sub, dispose gloves, take money, and repeat. I don't really think about it much though, if I did I probably wouldn't ever eat.

ekguy
02-24-2010, 03:53 PM

I've worked in a lot of restaurants....Floor steaks are the least of your worries haha. Send back your food ever? Anyone? Chances are you got shit done to it. Unless it's a clearcut kitchen mistake they'll mess with your food in lot's of places...

beyond_ban
02-24-2010, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by ekguy

I've worked in a lot of restaurants....Floor steaks are the least of your worries haha. Send back your food ever? Anyone? Chances are you got shit done to it. Unless it's a clearcut kitchen mistake they'll mess with your food in lot's of places...

This brings up the question... Do you settle for an under / over cooked steak that you till not enjoy? Or do you send it back and get it back just the way you want it, but with shit done to? I say the latter because like we have all heard before, obliviousness is bliss.

403Gemini
02-24-2010, 04:16 PM

Depends on your demeanor as well... I found if i'm polite to the waitress and ask for something to be changed/sent back they are usually accomodating - same goes when I worked in a kitchen, if something needed to be cooked more/changed no biggy, but waitresses do bitch about their tables if their tables are complete assholes.

Never bitch with the people who handle your food , I treat them like gold haha

ekguy
02-24-2010, 04:30 PM

Depends on your demeanor as well... I found if i'm polite to the waitress and ask for something to be changed/sent back they are usually accomodating - same goes when I worked in a kitchen, if something needed to be cooked more/changed no biggy, but waitresses do bitch about their tables if their tables are complete assholes.

Never bitch with the people who handle your food , I treat them like gold haha

You're demeanor with a server means nothing when the food comes back to the kitchen. Just pointing out the obvious flaws of the service industry. I always like to sit where I can at least sorta see the kitchen if it's possible.

Darkane
02-24-2010, 05:20 PM
Really guys? You're that worried?

Try being more concerned with environmental xenoestrogens. Things that mess with your immune systems and hormones rather than a couple germs.

max_boost
02-24-2010, 05:53 PM
I see most are, but ive been to quite a few lately where the girl/guy will be making peoples subs/ whatever bare handed! They go make your food then handle your cash right after. If this is the case, i tell them i dont want it anymore and walk out. You would think something as simple as wearing gloves would be pretty standard these days everywhere.

Gloves aren't that big of an issue.

She handled money AFTER she made your food. I would be a bit irked if I was behind you, watched her do the cash and then come and make my order. But still I haven't seen anything like that yet. Almost every place I've been, they'll always quickly wash their hands after handling money.

403Gemini
02-24-2010, 08:41 PM

You're demeanor with a server means nothing when the food comes back to the kitchen. Just pointing out the obvious flaws of the service industry. I always like to sit where I can at least sorta see the kitchen if it's possible.

Have you actually worked in the kitchen or were you just a bus boy? ;)

I worked in kitchens, the servers attitude matters.

Amysicle
02-24-2010, 09:16 PM
Originally posted by dj_rice
What they should introduce instead of rubber gloves is food safe sanitizer. Squirt, make sandwich, get money. And repeat +1

Originally posted by topmade
Some of the places I see that use gloves use it for everything, like prepping the food, then at the till handling cash, then prepping food again with the same gloves. So in that case it wouldn't make any difference. I would much rather have the person washing their hands frequently during their entire shift vs. someone wearing the same one or two pairs of gloves during the same shift touching my food.

03ozwhip
02-24-2010, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Amysicle
+1

+2 what really bugs me is the greasy fuckers that dont wear hairnets. im always so worried im gonna get a hair. ive gotten hair so many times and while its gross to me, i still eat it but i dont mention it to my wife because she will puke.

this happens ALL THE TIME no matter where i go. im a fuckin magnet for greasers with long hair, dude or broad handling my food. its alwyas so good though:dunno:

nonlinear
02-24-2010, 10:53 PM

the quality of restaurant also plays a major role in this. sure, if you're eating a steak dinner at Denny's and send it back cause it's not done right, some punk 16 year old kid is gonna spit in it or whatever. but if you're at Catch that would certainly never happen.

19fury69
02-25-2010, 12:48 AM
To the OP with no offense intended as I don't know you, if all you have to worry about is someone making minimum wage making you a sandwich without wearing gloves you must live one hell of a plush life. Do you realize how many germs are under your own finger nails?? Think washing your hands before you eat really makes a difference?? I think you need a little wake up call man.
If making a sandwich without gloves/complete sanitation is so dangerous how did people ever survive before all these sanitizer lotions and anti bacterial crap were out??
As stated previously, you have an immune system (unless your not telling us) it needs to be exposed to germs and bacteria to adapt to it and be able to fight it.
Did you know that the flu shot is really a small dose of the flu?? Its so your body can learn how to fight it. Daily germs and bacteria are like training for your body, the more sterile and "clean" you are, the worse off you'll be if you ever do catch something serious.

:drama:

TDFTW
02-25-2010, 01:03 AM
I had an incident at tim hortons.
Worker made my sandwich after handling money. I did not know this until I took a bite, and tasted metal. The taste/smell of the coins rubbed off onto my sandwich from their gloves and I nearly threw up. I can't handle the smell/taste of copper pennies it just tosses my stomach.

They gave me a 20$ gift card and remade my sandwich with freshly washed hands and new gloves by a different staff member. The manager was PISSED.

know1edge
02-25-2010, 01:10 AM

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
02-25-2010, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by know1edge

i've worked in a few restaurants, and i don't know ANYBODY that's ever "done shit" to customer food.

Ditto. When I worked in food we always joked about it, but rarely did anyone do it.
Except Mcdicks, god damn that was some gross shit going on there.

brownchild
02-25-2010, 02:17 PM
OP shouldn't be travelling outside of N.A., if your worried about shit like that, good luck keeping your belly full somewhere in South America or Asia.

swak
02-25-2010, 02:27 PM

x2.

If movies tell any truth, watch "Road Trip" w/ Tom Green.

.. Diner scene, buddy sending bakc his french toast.
Ive worked in a few kitchens, they've all been pretty clear cut, but jokes have been thrown around - and if the right head chef or whoever wasn't there, they probably wouldn't have just been jokes ahah..

snoop101
02-25-2010, 02:53 PM
Most restaurants that I have worked at the cooks never had gloves. Though a restaurant is diffferent for a couple reasons. One reason is that in the kitchen you dont handle money. Second is that in most places you are hired on as a professional and you should know your health and safety stuff.

polarice
02-27-2010, 01:07 PM
I don't care. I handle cash at work all day and eat between customers. I always have. I mean if someone really gross then I throw some sanitizer on but other than that it doesn't matter to me. I get sick maybe once a year.

ryder_23
02-27-2010, 01:44 PM

Have you actually worked in the kitchen or were you just a bus boy? ;)

I worked in kitchens, the servers attitude matters.

:werd: it all depends on the table. Everyone in the hospitality industry has seen waiting, and its the service industry to a T. Clearly ekguy was a dish bitch. Or can we then pin him on the one always fucking with food? From the FOH point of view, bars are just as much of a problem as the kitchen for cleanliness and fucking with orders haha. Glassware, fruit, straws...hell you never know if you should drink from the edge of the glass, or the straw, hard to guess which is cleaner. Health inspectors come in, but fuck do they let a lot slide. They'll write up a bar for not having paper towel behind the bar, but they'll let the infestation of fruit flies, and incomplete dishwashers go.

R154
03-01-2010, 11:15 AM
I have worked for many resturants as a line cook. I can say with full confidence that food gets fucked with. ekguy isnt full of shit. but usually not after the first time its sent back. And usually customers are picked out. IE the serving staff will give us a heads up.

The bulk of food being fucked with happens with <45 min left till close... if you come in an order an elborate meal and thnk thats okay... well your portion is going to be small, have been on the floor, and then over cooked... you sure as FUCK will never return... and you know what? That is perfectly fine by us, especially when the resturant has has an otherwise untarnished record.

As well as cops, every resturant I worked at ALWAYS fucked with cops food... but never in a dangerous way, or overtly gross.

Actually I only worked at this one place for a couple days becuase its health standard was so low... this place had, had many violations... anyways, it was a closed kitchen, and cops had ordered... 6+ lets just say none of those steaks had to be salted. they were crusted it swept up floor spice. Over cooked.

People think waiting was just a movie... but in reality there was a lot of truth to it. Anyone who disputes this was a dish bitch.

Anyone that thinks fine dining is different, all I have to say is, ignorance is bliss. I have a friend who worked at high end italian place (im sure you can guess, its in kensington). She told me on numerous occasions that some of the practices to get food out were just as disgusting at the BP's/Earls she had worked at prior to finishing her apprenticeship.

At the end of the day, you place your trust in food service industry when you eat out... having worked in the industry since I was 14 I can say I understand it enough not to worry. You just have to know how not to piss of the kitchen staff. Just dont come in close to closing, and dont send back your food. Dont ask the kitchen to make ridiculous modifications on your meal. Basically dont be fussy and you'll be fine. The squeeky wheel always gets greased...

I have never, ever seen anyone put bodily fluids into food... ever. With the SOLE exception of lucianos back in the day... this guy jimmy who was fired for sexual harrasement was the KM, well lets just say that the old... making 10 minute alfredo reference was more truth then lie in his case.... Thank god that shithole is gone. - yeah, its what you think it is.

nonlinear
03-01-2010, 02:17 PM
Originally posted by R154
I have worked for many resturants as a line cook. I can say with full confidence that food gets fucked with. ekguy isnt full of shit. but usually not after the first time its sent back. And usually customers are picked out. IE the serving staff will give us a heads up.

The bulk of food being fucked with happens with &lt;45 min left till close... if you come in an order an elborate meal and thnk thats okay... well your portion is going to be small, have been on the floor, and then over cooked... you sure as FUCK will never return... and you know what? That is perfectly fine by us, especially when the resturant has has an otherwise untarnished record.

As well as cops, every resturant I worked at ALWAYS fucked with cops food... but never in a dangerous way, or overtly gross.

Actually I only worked at this one place for a couple days becuase its health standard was so low... this place had, had many violations... anyways, it was a closed kitchen, and cops had ordered... 6+ lets just say none of those steaks had to be salted. they were crusted it swept up floor spice. Over cooked.

At the end of the day, you place your trust in food service industry when you eat out... having worked in the industry since I was 14 I can say I understand it enough not to worry. You just have to know how not to piss of the kitchen staff. Just dont come in close to closing, and dont send back your food. Dont ask the kitchen to make ridiculous modifications on your meal. Basically dont be fussy and you'll be fine. The squeeky wheel always gets greased...

wow, you, sir, are a first-class loser. big time. i'm surprised you can keep any sort of job with that attitude... even if they are just shitty line cook jobs at Denny's or Phil's in Forest Lawn. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Anyone that thinks fine dining is different, all I have to say is, ignorance is bliss. I have a friend who worked at high end italian place (im sure you can guess, its in kensington). She told me on numerous occasions that some of the practices to get food out were just as disgusting at the BP's/Earls she had worked at prior to finishing her apprenticeship.

i disagree with you 100%, but that's fine if you want to shit all over osteria de medici because that place sucks and is NOT an example of "fine dining" as you put it. I have at least a few friends who work in the kitchens of some of the higher-end restaurants and lounges in the city. these people take a ton of pride in their food and value their clients very much, and would never pull this adolescent bullshit.

know1edge
03-01-2010, 05:20 PM

R154
03-02-2010, 01:32 PM
Originally posted by nonlinear

wow, you, sir, are a first-class loser. big time. i'm surprised you can keep any sort of job with that attitude... even if they are just shitty line cook jobs at Denny's or Phil's in Forest Lawn. :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

Listen bitch, being that you like to flap your lips all the time im going to let you in on something, just because you sweep floors at the university, it DOESNT make you an authority, or give you the right to make assumptions. I merely communicated the sentiments and experiences I had working in the industry. If you make a production of your meal, (we know who you are) it will not be taken kindly. You order a meal close to close with modifications, yeah its getting fucked with. Deal with it. Thats life. If your fat ass wants food made a special way late at night, then cook at home. Youre one of those self absorbed douches that believes the customer is always right... guess again faggot not even close.

i disagree with you 100%, but that's fine if you want to shit all over osteria de medici because that place sucks and is NOT an example of &quot;fine dining&quot; as you put it. I have at least a few friends who work in the kitchens of some of the higher-end restaurants and lounges in the city. these people take a ton of pride in their food and value their clients very much, and would never pull this adolescent bullshit.

Sure, believe what you want... but an unchanging factor in the food service industry is the volume of people in it. And unfortunetly for you rolly polly fat fuck the grand majority of those who "apprentice" or go to school for it, do it for the cheque, not their undying love of food. Just because a chef adheres to a strict code of conduct, it does not mean everyone that he MUST work with does. Besides which, what about the prep that is involved? You think shit doesnt fall on the floor? Food cost isnt preserved? What about the suppliers that drop off produce meat and dairy... are you going to tell me they really give a shit about leaving produce on the ground? Do you think lettuce for your caesar salad always gets washed? How about the sink it sits in if it WAS washed? Do you understand that dishwashers (usually immigrants who speak little english) take care of those sorts of tasks, like cutting most of the produce?

Remove that shit eating grin from your face... you arent fooling anyone bitch. Go ahead and order your greasy ass pizza. Stop eating pepperoni... I can smell it from here you greesy ass fuck.

BTW I still work in the industry because I am finishing school, (like the majority of resturant labours) and will moved on to bigger and better things. I live in the NW, I have worked in 12 seperate resturants over almost 8 years, usually 2 concurrently as kitchen staff and serving staff. I get bored of one menu, so I usually move after 8 months or so. Dont be surprised if I have ever cooked your food you fat fuck. Yeah I worked for a quite a few of your "favorite" spots. Dont think I didnt chuckle when I noticed.

Besides which, its not always the back of house messing with your food... guess what happens to your drink order when you give a server attitude? hmmm...

This isnt to say that fucking with food is a regular occurance... infact quite the opposite. Its quite rare, unless the customer has given reasons for it. Like any other industry where workers have discretion over how the customer is treated, it heavily relies on the intial attitude.

Of course, why would you care... I guess ekguy and I could be pulling your leg... but how likely is that?

nonlinear
03-02-2010, 01:40 PM

Listen bitch, being that you like to flap your lips all the time im going to let you in on something, just because you sweep floors at the university, it DOESNT make you an authority, or give you the right to make assumptions. I merely communicated the sentiments and experiences I had working in the industry. If you make a production of your meal, (we know who you are) it will not be taken kindly. You order a meal close to close with modifications, yeah its getting fucked with. Deal with it. Thats life. If your fat ass wants food made a special way late at night, then cook at home. Youre one of those self absorbed douches that believes the customer is always right... guess again faggot not even close.

Sure, believe what you want... but an unchanging factor in the food service industry is the volume of people in it. And unfortunetly for you rolly polly fat fuck the grand majority of those who &quot;apprentice&quot; or go to school for it, do it for the cheque, not their undying love of food. Just because a chef adheres to a strict code of conduct, it does not mean everyone that he MUST work with does. Besides which, what about the prep that is involved? You think shit doesnt fall on the floor? Food cost isnt preserved? What about the suppliers that drop off produce meat and dairy... are you going to tell me they really give a shit about leaving produce on the ground? Do you think lettuce for your caesar salad always gets washed? How about the sink it sits in if it WAS washed? Do you understand that dishwashers (usually immigrants who speak little english) take care of those sorts of tasks, like cutting most of the produce?

Remove that shit eating grin from your face... you arent fooling anyone bitch. Go ahead and order your greasy ass pizza. Stop eating pepperoni... I can smell it from here you greesy ass fuck.

BTW I still work in the industry because I am finishing school, (like the majority of resturant labours) and will moved on to bigger and better things. I live in the NW, I have worked in 12 seperate resturants over almost 8 years, usually 2 concurrently as kitchen staff and serving staff. I get bored of one menu, so I usually move after 8 months or so. Dont be surprised if I have ever cooked your food you fat fuck. Yeah I worked for a quite a few of your &quot;favorite&quot; spots. Dont think I didnt chuckle when I noticed.

Besides which, its not always the back of house messing with your food... guess what happens to your drink order when you give a server attitude? hmmm...

This isnt to say that fucking with food is a regular occurance... infact quite the opposite. Its quite rare, unless the customer has given reasons for it. Like any other industry where workers have discretion over how the customer is treated, it heavily relies on the intial attitude.

Of course, why would you care... I guess ekguy and I could be pulling your leg... but how likely is that?

jesus christ, this guy CAN'T be for real.

Cos
03-02-2010, 01:59 PM

Sure, believe what you want... but an unchanging factor in the food service industry is the volume of people in it. And unfortunetly for you rolly polly fat fuck the grand majority of those who &quot;apprentice&quot; or go to school for it, do it for the cheque, not their undying love of food. Just because a chef adheres to a strict code of conduct, it does not mean everyone that he MUST work with does. Besides which, what about the prep that is involved? You think shit doesnt fall on the floor? Food cost isnt preserved? What about the suppliers that drop off produce meat and dairy... are you going to tell me they really give a shit about leaving produce on the ground? Do you think lettuce for your caesar salad always gets washed? How about the sink it sits in if it WAS washed? Do you understand that dishwashers (usually immigrants who speak little english) take care of those sorts of tasks, like cutting most of the produce?

BTW I still work in the industry because I am finishing school, (like the majority of resturant labours) and will moved on to bigger and better things. I live in the NW, I have worked in 12 seperate resturants over almost 8 years, usually 2 concurrently as kitchen staff and serving staff. I get bored of one menu, so I usually move after 8 months or so. Dont be surprised if I have ever cooked your food you fat fuck. Yeah I worked for a quite a few of your &quot;favorite&quot; spots. Dont think I didnt chuckle when I noticed.

Honestly, you make great points, but your delivery needs work.

nonlinear
03-02-2010, 02:06 PM
R154, your parents must be proud.

R154
03-02-2010, 02:55 PM
My tone and choice of insults was purposely chosen. I can see the sweat beading on nonlinears head as he scrambles to figure out what he ate and when. Whether what I said has any merit to it.

Heres the key in all of this... and something that maybe the second time round will be taken more seriously. Less then 10% of workers in the industry, truly care about the food they produce. We dont own it [the resturant], we get paid a medicore wage to be relatively consistant under great duress [rushes]. The trade off? Well flexibility and tips. You basically need no education whatsoever to work in a resturant. It hurts my chances of getting a new job when I list that I am a 4th year engineer as my background. Resturants prefer to hire goons to work in them. It somehow offers the mangerial/owners some satisfaction that the worker in question will stick around due to lack of opportunity. Granted they understand that as a student eventually we will move on, (within mom and pop resturants/chains), however fine dining is another story altogether... reverting to my original statement, of applying with just experience, and not my educational background.

I take pride in everything I do, and the same applies to dealing with the nonlinears in the world... my fellow brethren will agree, that the most infuriating of situations to be found in, is a fussy customer when the line is clean, food is put away, and we are just about ready to lock the doors. It's mind boggling that someone who values their food... wouldnt exercise common sense. Come in an hr before close. even 45. It is unfair, and actually quite naive to believe the level of quality of your food is going to be the same as mid day, or rush, 15 minutes before close. Especially if your pizza is going to take 20 min to bake, then you'll sit there and stuff your face pushing back the resturants close even furthur. Be considerate. Something I KNOW you aren used to.

Its just the sense of entitlement that people like NL carry around, that somehow cooks/serving staff are second rate people, and are meant to cater to them hand and foot. In truth, you arent any better then anyone else, so it should come as no suprise that anything that can be done, will be done to disaude jackasses from coming in and making us work an extra 30-45 mins PAST CLOSE to clean up after you and your sent back meal. Contrary to what you believe, it ISNT your right to sit around demand service.

Nonlinear you can insult me all you want, but dont think you can insult my hardworking immigrant parents who have come here and out shone nearly all of their peers. My father is a doctor (in a very elite specialization), my mother works in oil and gas. Neither of whom have ever had addictions to any substance or behaviour. With that said, they provided a good enough environment for me to persue my own pursuits in life free of prejiduce and pressue (relatively). As a result, to put myself through school, I work in sales, as well as in the kitchen (because the vast majority of customers are the polar opposite of you, and do not complain at all, and usually make it worth my while).

What is sad, is how naive you really are, but not nearly as confounding as your claim to intellectual superiority. What's hilarious is, for a guy who claims to be so knowledgable, you actually know very little about the thing you enjoy most... eating out.

Again, youre a fat fuck. Heads up no one believes your lies about your "research". Unless of course, it has to do with being a bootlegged food critic... then continue. Remember not to write your reviews in crayon you douche. (That was me calling you a child btw).

Cos
03-02-2010, 03:04 PM
My tone and choice of insults was purposely chosen. I can see the sweat beading on nonlinears head as he scrambles to figure out what he ate and when. Whether what I said has any merit to it.

Heres the key in all of this... and something that maybe the second time round will be taken more seriously. Less then 10% of workers in the industry, truly care about the food they produce. We dont own it [the resturant], we get paid a medicore wage to be relatively consistant under great duress [rushes]. The trade off? Well flexibility and tips. You basically need no education whatsoever to work in a resturant. It hurts my chances of getting a new job when I list that I am a 4th year engineer as my background. Resturants prefer to hire goons to work in them. It somehow offers the mangerial/owners some satisfaction that the worker in question will stick around due to lack of opportunity. Granted they understand that as a student eventually we will move on, (within mom and pop resturants/chains), however fine dining is another story altogether... reverting to my original statement, of applying with just experience, and not my educational background.

I take pride in everything I do, and the same applies to dealing with the nonlinears in the world... my fellow brethren will agree, that the most infuriating of situations to be found in, is a fussy customer when the line is clean, food is put away, and we are just about ready to lock the doors. It's mind boggling that someone who values their food... wouldnt exercise common sense. Come in an hr before close. even 45. It is unfair, and actually quite naive to believe the level of quality of your food is going to be the same as mid day, or rush, 15 minutes before close. Especially if your pizza is going to take 20 min to bake, then you'll sit there and stuff your face pushing back the resturants close even furthur. Be considerate. Something I KNOW you aren used to.

Its just the sense of entitlement that people like NL carry around, that somehow cooks/serving staff are second rate people, and are meant to cater to them hand and foot. In truth, you arent any better then anyone else, so it should come as no suprise that anything that can be done, will be done to disaude jackasses from coming in and making us work an extra 30-45 mins PAST CLOSE to clean up after you and your sent back meal. Contrary to what you believe, it ISNT your right to sit around demand service.

Nonlinear you can insult me all you want, but dont think you can insult my hardworking immigrant parents who have come here and out shone nearly all of their peers. My father is a doctor (in a very elite specialization), my mother works in oil and gas. Neither of whom have ever had addictions to any substance or behaviour. With that said, they provided a good enough environment for me to persue my own pursuits in life free of prejiduce and pressue (relatively). As a result, to put myself through school, I work in sales, as well as in the kitchen (because the vast majority of customers are the polar opposite of you, and do not complain at all, and usually make it worth my while).

What is sad, is how naive you really are, but not nearly as confounding as your claim to intellectual superiority. What's hilarious is, for a guy who claims to be so knowledgable, you actually know very little about the thing you enjoy most... eating out.

Again, youre a fat fuck. Heads up no one believes your lies about your &quot;research&quot;. Unless of course, it has to do with being a bootlegged food critic... then continue. Remember not to write your reviews in crayon you douche. (That was me calling you a child btw).

Nope, I am going to say your on par with SB for your delivery. You have never met him and are stereotyping like mad.

GingeRRRBeef
03-02-2010, 03:16 PM
CnmMNdiCz_s

max_boost
03-02-2010, 03:24 PM
ALL,

YOu need to chill out!

SBJ

Kloubek
03-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
ALL,

YOu need to chill out!

SBJ

Agreed.

R154: I find Nonlinear as annoying as you do at times. In fact, he's the only guy on Beyond which I have actually added to my ignore list. I suggest you do the same before you give yourself an annurism.

I can see why you promote bringing GTS Jeff back onto the site. He too seemed to have an uncanny volume of hatred for those who disagreed with his views.

It's a message forum man. Relax.

nonlinear
03-02-2010, 03:41 PM
You basically need no education whatsoever to work in a resturant.

this much is obvious.

:rofl:

nonlinear
03-02-2010, 03:49 PM
wow, it's funny how a short post about R154's shitty attitude can incite lines upon lines of baseless, hateful trash talk. suddenly, i'm being called fat and being equated with people who come in just before closing asking for modifications to their food. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: even Kloubek is jumping on the bandwagon. :facepalm:

but in all seriousness R154, grow up. your comments here do nothing but better illustrate my original point.

EDIT: and I have yet to see anyone say that they support R154's angry, adolescent attitude.

bring on the trash talk!

tarrantas
03-02-2010, 06:29 PM

Holy buddy you need to take a serious chill pill, I can't believe you're defending all this stuff saying it's justified to fuck with someones meal ever...you sir are a dirtbag. You need to stop calling people "fat fuck" and "faggot" because it makes you sound like an idiot, an arrogant idiot at that. I really hope that you get caught for doing something stupid to some innocent persons food and they ban you from all kitchens, even in your home, forever.