PDA

View Full Version : Snowboarder sent home from olympics due to racy photos

scat19
02-24-2010, 08:05 PM
http://thumbnails27.imagebam.com/6898/d6a03b68973708.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/d6a03b68973708)

It seemed like innocent fun … but these pictures of Olympic US bronze medalist Scotty Lago proved a bit too much for Vancouver — Scotty is packing up his newly-polished medal and leaving.

What moralistic nonsense. We have got to lighten up a bit.

I enjoy looking down her shirt, however.

CKY
02-24-2010, 09:54 PM
I think it's well deserved, the Olympic medals' symbolic value is being tarnished here. There should be zero tolerance for degrading the games what those medals mean. Athletes all over the world train all their lives for those medals and they shouldn't be treated like that. Not in public anyways :poosie:

Barking_Spidre
02-24-2010, 10:12 PM
Wow, who the fuck cares. Holy shit a guy lifting his shirt up. I'd like to see this happen in the summer olympics, when everyone is half naked.

Wrinkly
02-24-2010, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by CKY
I think it's well deserved, the Olympic medals' symbolic value is being tarnished here. There should be zero tolerance for degrading the games what those medals mean. Athletes all over the world train all their lives for those medals and they shouldn't be treated like that. Not in public anyways :poosie:

Well said - I concur!

believe
02-24-2010, 11:42 PM
no surprise here. the US olympic committee would be all over something like this espicially after what happened with the athletes in nagano

JustinGTP
02-25-2010, 03:17 AM
Originally posted by Barking_Spidre
Wow, who the fuck cares. Holy shit a guy lifting his shirt up. I'd like to see this happen in the summer olympics, when everyone is half naked.

x 2.

Wrinkly
02-25-2010, 12:45 PM
I think some of you are missing the point here? It's not about his shirt being up and exposing his chest - so what, that in itself isn't a big deal.

Look closer - It's the fact that the girl has his OLYMPIC MEDAL in her mouth right in his crotch.

(He's American anyway, so they should take the medal back as punishment and give it to Canada :D)

:poosie:

Thaco
02-25-2010, 12:50 PM
what he does off the ice/snow should be his own business.

beyond_ban
02-25-2010, 01:04 PM
Originally posted by Thaco

Let the man enjoy his medal, and all it brings with it!

bubbley
02-25-2010, 01:07 PM
Hopefully he banged her..imagine all the vagiga ud get wearing a medal in a bar

JustinGTP
02-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Well I agree he probably should have been doing that without the medal.

Nigel Mansell
02-25-2010, 02:56 PM
Who cares, people need to grow up. There are bigger problems in the world.

Supa Dexta
02-25-2010, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by Nigel Mansell
Who cares, people need to grow up. There are bigger problems in the world.

Are there Nigel? Are there really though?

PremiumRSX
02-25-2010, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by CKY

I have to agree that it was well deserved too.

Crymson
02-25-2010, 03:42 PM
It's total bullshit. The olympic village is a sleaze pit to begin with, WAY worse shit probably goes on there than in public. Mind you, he should have kept it in the village then.

King Banana
02-25-2010, 03:45 PM
I can think of worse things you can get caught doing at the Olympics:

Like 11 RCMP officers getting caught stealing and assaulting each other.

This is nothing compared to the behavior of the finest men/women in Canadas RCMP.

It's his medal, if he feels like banging a prostitute with it, that's his choice.

max_boost
02-25-2010, 03:55 PM
LOL

That is fucking retarded!

Spoons
02-25-2010, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Thaco

He is also representing USA internationally at the Olympics. Internationally brings much more into the equation. If this happened back at home, no sweat, but he was still in Vancouver.

Yeah, to me what I saw there was nothing, but that's our society. The world is watching right now, while that would be somewhat acceptable here, it might be completely unacceptable somewhere else.

Beyond threw around the term "govern yourself accordingly" a lot in the NRG thread. Well it still applies here.

Ven
02-25-2010, 11:52 PM
Originally posted by scat19
http://thumbnails27.imagebam.com/6898/d6a03b68973708.gif (http://www.imagebam.com/image/d6a03b68973708)

It seemed like innocent fun … but these pictures of Olympic US bronze medalist Scotty Lago proved a bit too much for Vancouver — Scotty is packing up his newly-polished medal and leaving.

What moralistic nonsense. We have got to lighten up a bit.

I enjoy looking down her shirt, however.

You'll understand, as will he, as you get older. It's not his medal, it's Americas medal. He's the representation, the ethic, the standard set for the country. That medal is a culmination of the efforts, time, and money of likely hundreds if not thousands of people. Morality indeed, and common sense too. Thanks a lot for pandering our national pride for attention whoring photo ops with your crotch and some random girls. Because that's what it is, immature ego attention whoring. What he's done is forever now, I guarantee it'll be something he regrets in the short term from financial loss, respect lost from numerous organizations, the media, etc. But the regrets in the long term will haunt him much worse. He'll be right there with the likes of Tonya Harding and Ben Johnson when it comes to Olympic flashback time during the next games, and the next, and next.

thrasher22
02-26-2010, 01:46 PM
He may be representing his country, but its his medal. He dedicated his life to be at this point, why should we give a shit what he acts like at the bar? Its not like he was getting in trouble with the law.

He's not your friend, family member or co-worker, so why should his personal life matter to any of us?

Baron O' Funk
02-26-2010, 01:52 PM
I understand where the tight asses are coming from, but people need to ease the fuck up. Relax, its a celebration bitches.

Wrinkly
02-26-2010, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by Ven

You'll understand, as will he, as you get older. It's not his medal, it's Americas medal. He's the representation, the ethic, the standard set for the country. That medal is a culmination of the efforts, time, and money of likely hundreds if not thousands of people. Morality indeed, and common sense too. Thanks a lot for pandering our national pride for attention whoring photo ops with your crotch and some random girls. Because that's what it is, immature ego attention whoring. What he's done is forever now, I guarantee it'll be something he regrets in the short term from financial loss, respect lost from numerous organizations, the media, etc. But the regrets in the long term will haunt him much worse. He'll be right there with the likes of Tonya Harding and Ben Johnson when it comes to Olympic flashback time during the next games, and the next, and next.

Thank you! Very eloquently put. Judging by the standards deemed acceptable by the majority in this thread, I shudder to think what future generations will have to "look up to".

ipeefreely
02-26-2010, 02:56 PM
Originally posted by Supa Dexta

Are there Nigel? Are there really though?

:rofl: :rofl:

Originally posted by Spoons

He is also representing USA internationally at the Olympics. Internationally brings much more into the equation. If this happened back at home, no sweat, but he was still in Vancouver.

Yeah, to me what I saw there was nothing, but that's our society. The world is watching right now, while that would be somewhat acceptable here, it might be completely unacceptable somewhere else.

Beyond threw around the term "govern yourself accordingly" a lot in the NRG thread. Well it still applies here.

:thumbsup:

Originally posted by Wrinkly

Thank you! Very eloquently put. Judging by the standards deemed acceptable by the majority in this thread, I shudder to think what future generations will have to "look up to".

You're going to the Olympics as a professional (a job PAID by your country)... don't act like an ass in public! :banghead: :whipped:

Dj_Stylz
02-26-2010, 02:58 PM
Its only bronze, hes lucky he got some action.

Barking_Spidre
02-27-2010, 03:29 AM
Originally posted by ipeefreely
You're going to the Olympics as a professional (a job PAID by your country)... don't act like an ass in public! :banghead: :whipped:

So if you were 3rd best in the WORLD at something, you wouldn't celebrate as hard as he has? I know for sure I'd be doing some stupid shit. Maybe that's why I'm not an olympic athlete :rofl:

dr_dreidel
02-27-2010, 01:20 PM
“I achieved one of the greatest things I ever have, and I wanted to celebrate. I wish they would’ve had my back a little more like Canada.”

http://sports.yahoo.com/olympics/vancouver/snowboard/news;_ylt=ArLGb4FAQ1ssWRFjY.nP9jt9sbV_?slug=jp-lago022610&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

beung
02-28-2010, 03:09 PM
Do this at the X games and on the Dew tour or something but not at the Olympics. It's just not the time and place to be putting an already tarnished image that athletes already have into question.