PDA

View Full Version : Vancouver BC Recommendations?

AL2010
02-25-2010, 02:08 AM
Hey Guys,

I'm planning to visit family in Surrey/Vancouver after the Olympics. Since I won't be with them all of the time, I was wondering if you had any suggestions on places to eat? I don't often get to go up there. I think the last time was for a wedding a couple years back so any thoughts or ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!

nonlinear
02-25-2010, 12:37 PM
well geez, there are thousands of restaurants in vancouver.

what exactly are you looking for, in terms of location, cuisine, price, etc.?

boarderfatty
02-25-2010, 07:50 PM
For cheap by the slice pizza I recommend Pizzaria Uno, a few of them downtown, I really like their thinner crust, and beef and blue cheese topping. Any time I am in Van, a piece of beef and blue cheese is a must.

Tsunami Sushi is interesting, not the best sushi in Van, but their sushi bar is unique, also kinda pricey for what it is. I enjoyed the eatery, it is a rasta inspired sushi restaurant which is good. Tratoria on West 4th is pretty good Italian with a somewhat trendy atmosphere, their bruscetta sample appy is awesome.

Now that I think about it, I enjoy quite a few of the restaurants on West 4th

The only place I am not a fan of that every one else seems to love is Hell's Kitchen. I was expecting a restaurant, but it was more a trendy bar atmosphere with mediocre bugers

nonlinear
02-25-2010, 08:13 PM
there is a mcdonald's on main street near the train. or, a burger king a couple of blocks away if you prefer that.

dino_martini
02-26-2010, 12:05 PM
Hit up Japadog

So good man, it makes Tubby Dog look like the shit that it actually is.