PDA

View Full Version : Review: Royal India (Deerfoot mall)

Thaco
02-25-2010, 04:46 PM
- Royal India
- Deerfoot mall
- Food rating 3/5
- Ambience NA
- Service 2/5

This place just opened about a month ago, i understand they have a real restaurant location downtown, this is a fast food variant.

The first time i went there, i was impressed, good portions, good food, gave a couple big scoops of rice, a nice helping of butter chicken with like 6-8 pieces of chicken in it, a piece of Naan and some crispy thin thing, i assume it was to be a desert of some sort... anyways, i was pleased, the chicken with juicy and flavorful, the sauce was nice, rice was perfectly cooked, Naan was good, i didn't really care for the crispy thing though, kinda tasted burnt... so i thought it was a great experience.

Until i went back the second time

the second time was TOTALLY different, i want to mention the first time i went was within 2-3 days of opening, the second time was 2-3 weeks later. The second time i ordered the same thing, got one scoop of rice (considerably less than the previous time), and ONE piece of chicken, then they flooded my plate with the sauce, i do enjoy the sauce, but i would expect for $11 to get more than a single piece of chicken with my butter chicken order. additionally this time, the chicken was not at all flavorful, tasted like it was freezer burned, not juicy at all, the rice was undercooked, just all in all a totally different experience, 180% turn from the first time, it was terrible.

So in conclusion, i will NOT return there (any time soon), i don't know if it was the person i got, or just that they were trying to impress the first time with their opening... not sure, but either way, i was disappointing and almost disgusted by the portions the second time, and will not return... i may consider trying their sit down restaurant downtown once, just because i assume it'd be better, or at least i'd hope so.

King Banana
03-01-2010, 07:16 PM
Originally posted by Thaco
180° turn from the first time, it was terrible.

Sorry to post off topic but if you ever want to make the degree sign in the future it's alt+248.
:thumbsup: