PDA

View Full Version : making lattice top fence more private

urban.one
02-26-2010, 08:44 AM
I have a 6 foot fence with the top 1 ft being lattice. On one section of my fence Id like to make it more private; its essentially at eye height so its easy for people to see through.

I was thinking of either weaving something through the lattice (kinda how some chain link fences have that plastic or vinyl strip woven through).

Any thoughts on how I could do this without making it look bush?

spikerS
02-26-2010, 08:52 AM
take another piece of lattice and put it over top, just staggered so the holes are covered. you still have the lattice look, but without the holes. I have seen this done a couple times before, and it looks pretty decent.

kaput
02-26-2010, 09:54 AM

JAYMEZ
02-26-2010, 10:02 AM
looks like new discovery.

snoop101
02-26-2010, 10:06 AM
Originally posted by kaput
Off topic, but where do you live? That's a great looking back yard!

:rofl: Too funny. Only in Calgary can someone have trees in thir back yard and people think its an amazing backyard. I agree it does look nice, but coming from BC where every yard has trees I just get a kick out of hearng things like this.

(Dont mean to be rude by the way)

mr2mike
02-26-2010, 10:25 AM
There is also smaller holed lattice. Totem used to sell it.

You could buy some think 1/4" plywood, cut to size, paint it black and then fit another round of lattice ontop. I think that would look okay.

I was also thinking some frosted plexi-glass but that would probably turn yellow in a year and it's hard to cut properly unless you've done it before (edges burring, etc).

Just ideas, could look ghetto dunno.

kaput
02-26-2010, 10:55 AM

Cozmanator
02-27-2010, 03:47 PM
The houses behind Glenmore Park look similar haha

frozenrice
02-27-2010, 05:17 PM
If you're okay with totally blocking out the view through the lattice, you could get some plywood (or some kind of weatherproof sheet material like plasticor) and more lattice. Cut the plywood into panels that you can sandwich between the existing lattice and another new piece of lattice. Paint the plywood a different colour to make the lattice stand out.
If you're only looking obscure the view and still let light in, you can try and see if you can find some kind of obscure glass or translucent plasticor.

dj_rice
02-27-2010, 08:06 PM
Flip the fence upside down so lattice is at the bottom