PDA

View Full Version : JV to return? Stefan GP

diamondedge
02-26-2010, 01:02 PM
I just stumbled across this - with USF1 dead, StefanGP may take its spot. Maybe with JV at the wheel alongside Nakajima. But since this is a start up team picked up from scraps (Much like BAR was in the day) I wonder if JV's contract will be huge. Probably.

http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/9098.html

Chris Elyea
03-01-2010, 09:55 AM
Huge contract? JV, or any other driver at a start-up like this, would be extremely lucky to race for for free!

Sponsorship is as important as skill in big-spending F1. Many drivers have to fund their team by bringing in sponsors. They virtually bid for their seat. In 2003, Justin Wilson formed a public company to raise the cash for his inaugural season at Minardi - just a small step above paying out of his own pocket.

Feel bad for Lopez! He managed to get the Argentine government to put up the money (or at least part of it) so he could drive for US F1. Apparently they've already spent the first installment and yet they seem unlikely to ever put a car on the track for him. He's trying to buy a seat at Campos, another obviously cash-strapped team that may not make the grid, but now he has less money to do it with.

cloud7
03-01-2010, 12:29 PM
This rumour has been around for about 2 weeks (or more)... I think this is meaningless unless Stefan is allowed to race. Even if Stefan makes it, I don't see it being competitive at the start of the season. With no testing and little development, it will be near the back of the grid.

As for JV, I can't understand why he wants to return to F1. He won a WC and really has nothing to gain and everything to lose by driving for backmarkers. If the rumour is true that JV and Stefan will hook up, I doubt his compensation will be huge unless he brings in tons of sponsorship $.

malbadon
03-01-2010, 10:40 PM
He's apparently on a plane for a seat fitting as of Monday.
http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/9871.html

He's a racer, he wants to race.
But really, if JV had sponsorship money behind him he'd still be in Nascar.
Stefan has Kazoo money behind them, despite Toyota being gone if I recall Kazoo has considerable Toyota money behind him.
Only reason they'd be pulling in JV is for testing feedback and name value.
When the BAR wasn't exploding he was apparently excellent at giving feedback to improve the car.

Mibz
03-03-2010, 05:47 PM
Stefan GP isn't on the official entry list so things aren't looking too good for them.

Chris Elyea
03-03-2010, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by Mibz
Stefan GP isn't on the official entry list so things aren't looking too good for them. Agreed, but this is F1, and I've learned not to put 50 bucks on stuff like this!

Mibz
03-03-2010, 06:46 PM
Originally posted by Chris Elyea
Agreed, but this is F1, and I've learned not to put 50 bucks on stuff like this! Hahaha, touche.

DJ Lazy
03-03-2010, 08:06 PM
Stefan GP isn't on the official entry list so things aren't looking too good for them.

Speaking of which...

The full entry list of constructors and drivers as published by the FIA is as follows:

McLaren Mercedes
1 Jenson Button (GB)
2 Lewis Hamilton (GB)

Mercedes Benz GP Limited
3 Michael Schumacher (D)
4 Nico Rosberg (D)

Red Bull Racing Renault
5 Sebastian Vettel (D)
6 Mark Webber (AUS)

Ferrari
7 Felipe Massa (BR)
8 Fernando Alonso (E)

Williams Cosworth
9 Rubens Barrichello (BR)
10 Nico Hulkenberg (D)

Renault
11 Robert Kubica (PL)
12 Vitaly Petrov (RUS)

Force India Mercedes
14 Adrian Sutil (D)
15 Vitantonio Liuzzi (I)

STR Ferrari
16 Sebastien Buemi (CH)
17 Jaime Alguersuari (E)

Lotus Cosworth
18 Jarno Trulli (I)
19 Heikki Kovalainen (FIN)

HRT Cosworth (Who the hell is this team? lol)
20 TBA
21 Bruno Senna (BR)

BMW Sauber Ferrari :nut:
22 Pedro de la Rosa (E)
23 Kamui Kobayashi (J)

Virgin Cosworth
24 Timo Glock (D)
25 Lucas di Grassi (BR)

Mibz
03-03-2010, 08:20 PM
Campos changed their name to Hispaniol or something.

EDIT: Hispania
They're supposed to announce their 2nd driver tomorrow.

rage2
03-04-2010, 12:10 AM
Sauber looked pretty decent in pre-season testing... wouldn't it be funny if BMW Sauber Ferrari did better in 2010 than BMW Sauber in 2009? Think of all the BMW jokes one can make haha.

H4LFY2nR
03-04-2010, 01:05 PM
Campos changed their name to Hispaniol or something.

EDIT: Hispania
They're supposed to announce their 2nd driver tomorrow.

Interesting that they went with Chandhok:

http://en.espnf1.com/campos/motorsport/story/10120.html

Edit:

Stefan GP denied:
http://en.espnf1.com/f1/motorsport/story/10079.html

That sucks, I would have liked to see Villeneuve drive again