PDA

View Full Version : Insurance Question

Qtec
02-26-2010, 10:36 PM
My mom just bought a new car, with only her name on the insurance. Can I still drive it even i'm not insured?

bosuteye
02-26-2010, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by Jetta-2.0
you wont get a ticket if your driving your mom/dads car. If a cop stops you and asks for Insurance then you give him what you have, some of them can be annoying and ask if u are allowed to drive the car and some times make a call to the parents to make sure you are allowed to drive the car. Now if you get in a car crash and your not under the Insurance under your mom or dad then the Insurance might be dicks and tell your mom or dad that hes not under your Insurance and we will not fix your car or who ever you hit, but some do have nice spots and they let the first one slide but your Insurance will sky rock after wards :thumbsdow so if you want to drive ur moms/dads car make sure they put you as a second driver on there Insurance their Insurance is goin to go up beacuse you are under 25 but youll then be coverd

Qtec
02-26-2010, 11:00 PM
thanks. i just found that too lol

tom_9109
02-27-2010, 09:33 AM
If its a standard policy then you're completely covered. If they have an endorsement stating no male drivers under 25 and you happen to fall into that category or it specifically excludes you by name then your parents policy will cover liability only and only up to $200,000. This is called absolute liability. If you were to crash given one of those situations they would likely recover any money paid from your parents.