PDA

View Full Version : Red Bull Energy Drink

Toms-Celica
12-01-2003, 10:28 PM
Howdy,

Where in Calgary (hopefully the south) can you get Red Bull? I see random people walking around with it, just need to know where I can get it. Thanks

AccordTypeR
12-01-2003, 10:31 PM
As far as i know its illeagal. It makes you die anyways so i dont know why you would want to drink it. I think you have to bring it in from the states. Thats why it was banned one of the side effects of drinking to much of it is death... a painfull and long one at that:(

fast_girl
12-01-2003, 10:34 PM
the only place ive seen it is the "stor" in mac hall at the university :confused:

rage2
12-01-2003, 10:35 PM
Shoppers drug mart (17th ave and 8th street downtown beside london drugs) has it.

prosh
12-01-2003, 10:38 PM
Originally posted by AccordTypeR
As far as i know its illeagal. It makes you die anyways so i dont know why you would want to drink it. I think you have to bring it in from the states. Thats why it was banned one of the side effects of drinking to much of it is death... a painfull and long one at that:(

:english: :english: :english: :english: :english:

Oh, how I can't resist that emote!! Anyways, as for Red Bull, its not ILLEGAL jeeze.. they have a 'Canadian'/watered down version of the red bull you see in the states. It's just a matter of what stuff goes into it. I'm pretty sure the stuff you buy up here doesn't have taurin and they replace it with guarana...

Red Bull Energy Drink -- Imported From Austria
Red Bull is a utility drink to be taken against mental or physical weariness or exhaustion. Red Bull combines two natural substances and important metabolic transmitters - the amino acid taurin and the glucuronolacton - with stimulating caffeine, vitamins and the energy provided by carbon hydrates.

04blackMAX
12-01-2003, 10:39 PM
mmmmmmmmmm vodka redbullllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

jdmakkord
12-01-2003, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by 04blackMAX
mmmmmmmmmm vodka redbullllllllllllllllllllllllllllll

Had bacardi O and redbull 50-50 mixed. Damn good too lol

spyguy
12-01-2003, 10:45 PM
who wants some? ;)

SoSlowDx
12-01-2003, 10:46 PM
it's pretty good for you but I just don't like the taste and no highly doubt that it's illegal, me and my friends that work out drink it...:)

kevie88
12-01-2003, 10:46 PM
I pounded 3 Red Bulls this summer and drove a Miata from Palo Alto, California to Anahiem in 7 hours non stop ..lol

Red Bull gives you Wiiings!! (and leadfoot) :burnout:

04blackMAX
12-01-2003, 10:47 PM
try some ultimate orange for working out..way better then a lil bit of redbull

EK 2.0
12-01-2003, 10:48 PM
"Red Bull gives you wiiiiings..."

Dave P
12-01-2003, 10:59 PM
Originally posted by spyguy
who wants some? ;)

who wants even more haha

spyguy
12-01-2003, 11:04 PM
Originally posted by Dave P

who wants even more haha

thats the tame thailand stuff :P

inawiJ
12-01-2003, 11:59 PM
red bull does give u wings u should be able to get it almost at every corner store whereever i go theres always signs sayin that they have red bull so i dun think its to hard to get it here anymore

dj_honda
12-02-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by spyguy

thats the tame thailand stuff :P
:werd:

there is the thailand stuff that is missing some ingredients then there is the real stuff which i dont think is allowed in canada

AquamosH
12-02-2003, 12:04 AM
The Red Bull they sell at U of C is from Thailand I believe. $3 for a small bottle!

I tried a can in London though; damn good and kept me awake almost the entire flight back home.

szw
12-02-2003, 12:08 AM
whats so good about this stuff?

Hash_man
12-02-2003, 12:32 AM
The red bull you get here sucks... Its very weak compared to the stuff in the states. A friend of mine brought some back last time he was in the states... and,.... DAMN!:eek: ... That stuff is crazy. I drank one at like 11am, and my heart was racing like crazy till about 2am. I could imagine it being good for working out and such, but for normal day shit, :thumbsdow ... its crazy.

Ajay
12-02-2003, 01:00 AM
The Red Bull they sell here is weak. You can get that weak ass Thai stuff at Shoppers in Chinook as well.

One drink that isn't too bad and gives a decent amount of energy is some shit called Bowls or something. Pound two of those and you'll feel hyper.....well it works for my friends....nothing makes me hyper....not even ten cups of coffee.

Melinda
12-02-2003, 01:05 AM
You can get it in the bookstore at SAIT as well, I saw it in there last week

Kamen
12-02-2003, 01:45 AM
So this stuff just gives an enormous boost of energy?

Ashkente
12-02-2003, 02:25 AM
The Thai Red Bull didn't do anything for me after 3 bottles :P Well...they tasted good...:P

sexy_sunshine
12-02-2003, 03:40 AM
My dad brought home a case of Red Bull from the states when he went down to Seattle. Definately gives you a boost of energy and keeps you moving lol. If you want Red Bull, I'd go with the States for getting it.........and illegal....if an energy drink is illegal, then something is wrong with the government lol

R-Audi
12-02-2003, 08:32 AM
It's the specific chemical Taurine that is ilegal. It hasn't been approved by Canadian Drug & Health shit. It hasn't been approved because it raises your heartrate, and if you already have a heart condition, it could be dangerous.
I have had the real stuff in Europe, and it works quite well......:hitit:

hooligan
12-02-2003, 10:23 AM
I Heard that if you take the states red bull and mix it with booze, it really messes you up and you can die?:dunno:

R-Audi
12-02-2003, 11:28 AM
Once again, problems arise if you already have heart conditions. I am guessing that the people that have died completely overdid it, and mixed with alcohol which in turn thins your blood. Not great mix!. :banghead:

SinisterProbeGt
12-02-2003, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by Ajay
....nothing makes me hyper....not even ten cups of coffee....

Funny me too :werd:

jdmmavericktR
12-02-2003, 02:40 PM
red bull is for women and children here in the states, cocaine is our drug of choice for a little pick-me-up!!

pinoyhero
12-02-2003, 04:58 PM
You can get it a smost shoppers drug mart, no one knows about this, if you can't find it just ask.

Wildcat
12-02-2003, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by AccordTypeR

Originally posted by prosh

:english: :english: :english: :english: :english:

Oh, how I can't resist that emote!! Anyways, as for Red Bull, its not ILLEGAL jeeze.. they have a 'Canadian'/watered down version of the red bull you see in the states. It's just a matter of what stuff goes into it. I'm pretty sure the stuff you buy up here doesn't have taurin and they replace it with guarana...

Red Bull Energy Drink -- Imported From Austria
Red Bull is a utility drink to be taken against mental or physical weariness or exhaustion. Red Bull combines two natural substances and important metabolic transmitters - the amino acid taurin and the glucuronolacton - with stimulating caffeine, vitamins and the energy provided by carbon hydrates.

Originally posted by dj_honda

:werd:

there is the thailand stuff that is missing some ingredients then there is the real stuff which i dont think is allowed in canada

Originally posted by AquamosH
The Red Bull they sell at U of C is from Thailand I believe. $3 for a small bottle!

I tried a can in London though; damn good and kept me awake almost the entire flight back home.

Originally posted by Hash_man
The red bull you get here sucks... Its very weak compared to the stuff in the states. A friend of mine brought some back last time he was in the states... and,.... DAMN!:eek: ... That stuff is crazy. I drank one at like 11am, and my heart was racing like crazy till about 2am. I could imagine it being good for working out and such, but for normal day shit, :thumbsdow ... its crazy.

Originally posted by Ajay
The Red Bull they sell here is weak. You can get that weak ass Thai stuff at Shoppers in Chinook as well.

One drink that isn't too bad and gives a decent amount of energy is some shit called Bowls or something. Pound two of those and you'll feel hyper.....well it works for my friends....nothing makes me hyper....not even ten cups of coffee.

Originally posted by sexy_sunshine
My dad brought home a case of Red Bull from the states when he went down to Seattle. Definately gives you a boost of energy and keeps you moving lol. If you want Red Bull, I'd go with the States for getting it.........and illegal....if an energy drink is illegal, then something is wrong with the government lol

Originally posted by R-Audi
It's the specific chemical Taurine that is ilegal. It hasn't been approved by Canadian Drug & Health shit. It hasn't been approved because it raises your heartrate, and if you already have a heart condition, it could be dangerous.
I have had the real stuff in Europe, and it works quite well......:hitit:

hahahaha, you guys are all wrong.. allow me to clarify...

the reason red bull is in those little bottles because that is the only way they can get it into canada from the US. In canada there is a law that no consumable food or beverage may have caffenine artifically put into it, only registared drugs are excluded from this. So redbull had to apply for a DIN number from the governement which is assigned to all registared drugs, hence the reason they must be packaged in those little small bottles that look like cough syrup.

so to conclude, you are recieving the EXACT same thing that is available in the states. (but god only knows what you get from that thai shit :shivers: )
:barf: :tongue:

DeSi
12-02-2003, 05:36 PM
red bull isn't illegal, and you can get it at the uni

3g4me
12-02-2003, 05:42 PM
You know what else will keep you up all night? Cocaine. lol

method
12-02-2003, 06:37 PM
think that has fucked you up? I drank nine of the things in greece and went berzerk and beat my friend in the head with a remote control for the tv in our hotel room, after he spilled water on my suitcase...

CRX crazy
12-02-2003, 06:46 PM
i love redbull thats the drink of choice in the clubs over in the uk vodka and redbull keep you going ALL night, and i didn't die :confused: so i don't know where people get that idea from

but mmmmmmmm redbull :drool:

Ajay
12-02-2003, 07:04 PM
Originally posted by CRX crazy
i love redbull thats the drink of choice in the clubs over in the uk vodka and redbull keep you going ALL night, and i didn't die :confused: so i don't know where people get that idea from

but mmmmmmmm redbull :drool:

I've had Red Bull and vodka quite a few times over this past summer. It tastes like ass but you get the best of both worlds.

Get drunk and don't pass out cause you're wired as well.

Wildcat
12-02-2003, 07:33 PM
bars arent allowed to pour redbull and vodka together, i work at one and when people order it the bartenders fill up a regular glass with redbull and ice and a little plastic shot glass of vodka seperately and give it to the customer. It specifically says right on the bottle not to mix with alcohol, so it leaves the choice up to the customer.

i think i might have to try some jack n bull doubles sometime soon :nut:

ninspeed
12-02-2003, 08:24 PM
IN the south: Loaf n' Jug right behind Jack Carter Chev Olds (i think peter used their stor sign as a sig for awhile) the crazy lady is my neighbour :D

jdmakkord
12-02-2003, 08:30 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
bars arent allowed to pour redbull and vodka together, i work at one and when people order it the bartenders fill up a regular glass with redbull and ice and a little plastic shot glass of vodka seperately and give it to the customer. It specifically says right on the bottle not to mix with alcohol, so it leaves the choice up to the customer.

i think i might have to try some jack n bull doubles sometime soon :nut:

Theres plenty of smaller restaraunt/pub type places that serve it, maybe not nightclubs though.

gongSHOW
12-02-2003, 09:49 PM
is it any good, I've never tried it, is it actually a good energy drink

Wildcat
12-03-2003, 12:03 AM
Originally posted by jdmakkord

Theres plenty of smaller restaraunt/pub type places that serve it, maybe not nightclubs though.

my nightclub serves it, they just wont mix it for you.

edit: i think you just misunderstood what i was saying :)

R-Audi
12-03-2003, 12:56 AM
Uhhh, actaully Wildcat, I believe you are wrong.
It is not because of the caffeine. If you read the ingredients on the bottles in Canada, they don't include Taurine, which is the chemical that actually makes Red Bull work it's magic. It is Taurine that is illegal in Canada. They just don't magically leave it off the ingredient list. I have looked into this a great deal since seeing that Canada got a version of Red Bull. If you have ever tasted them both at the same time, they taste a little different too. It is the same with all other US energy drinks compared to Canadian ones as well. Taurine is in the US versions, not in the Canadian ones.

In regards to the drink mixing, I have had it numerous times at Roadhouse in Lethbridge mixed by bartenders. Which bar do you work at?
:rofl:

Ajay
12-03-2003, 02:25 AM
If you go to Vegas you can actually order Red Bull and vodka as a drink when you're gambling.

I have a few friends who go to Vegas EVERY summer and that's their drink whenever they go down there. Thats the only reason I've ever tried it is cause they've had it in Vegas.

DJ Lazy
12-03-2003, 02:28 AM
Originally posted by Toms-Celica
Howdy,

Where in Calgary (hopefully the south) can you get Red Bull? I see random people walking around with it, just need to know where I can get it. Thanks

Tom you can get it at Phonics Sounds too... and pick up a few records while you at it

sputnik
12-03-2003, 08:32 AM
If you are planning on buying RedBull to mix with Vodka... you are probably just better off buying Rev which is available at most liquor stores

DeSi
12-03-2003, 09:46 AM
its wicked abroad, but teh watered down version we have in canada still goes the job

Wildcat
12-03-2003, 11:05 AM
Originally posted by R-Audi
Uhhh, actaully Wildcat, I believe you are wrong.
It is not because of the caffeine. If you read the ingredients on the bottles in Canada, they don't include Taurine, which is the chemical that actually makes Red Bull work it's magic. It is Taurine that is illegal in Canada. They just don't magically leave it off the ingredient list. I have looked into this a great deal since seeing that Canada got a version of Red Bull. If you have ever tasted them both at the same time, they taste a little different too. It is the same with all other US energy drinks compared to Canadian ones as well. Taurine is in the US versions, not in the Canadian ones.

In regards to the drink mixing, I have had it numerous times at Roadhouse in Lethbridge mixed by bartenders. Which bar do you work at?
:rofl:

i work at spin, and yes they serve it seperatly. i dont know about this taurine stuff, but if it is a registered drug with a DIN# it should be available in canada and should be in the drink. if it doesnt then thats just another reason as to why we just recently got it in canada on top of the artifically added caffenine.

edit: roadhouse blows, MSS should start up some promo stuff with spin for next year, my managers are interested. pm if you want.

ZorroAMG
12-03-2003, 11:24 AM
Wildcat, the Taurine is NOT in the stuff from canada, also the real stuff, in the cans, is carbonated, not a NASTY syrup in a little bottle. The two products are TOTALLY different.

On a good note, I had 2 cases (48 cans) brought from seattle for the party I threw on Sat :D

Wildcat
12-03-2003, 11:27 AM
hrmm, the only reason i can think of that its not carbonated is cause of the packaging, it has to be in those little bottles in canada.

ZorroAMG
12-03-2003, 11:38 AM
Yes, making it a different product....they didn't just let the stuff go flat and put it in bottles..it is a product with the same flavor, different ingredients...it is lame compared to the canned stuff....you ARE right about the mixing though...they did the same to me at the Embassy in the summer...

jdmakkord
12-03-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
If you are planning on buying RedBull to mix with Vodka... you are probably just better off buying Rev which is available at most liquor stores

Redbull and vodka tastes way better than that windshield washer fluid rev!!!

K271
12-03-2003, 11:29 PM
Vodka RedBull is the sweet nectar of the gods. We drink that stuff anytime we go clubbing down here. One night we went club hopping, had about 5 of those suckers, problem is they got bigger and bigger from club to club we went. The final place served it in a pint. Couldn't sleep and I was still drunk the next day.

The Red Bull in Canada doesn't have the emphidamines that the one that's sold in the States and everywhere else in the world.

K271
12-03-2003, 11:30 PM
REV is the nastiest drink around!
Wouldn't drink that stuff if my life depended on it.