Xtrema
03-01-2010, 08:38 PM
AXSqgWm9buQ

slinkie
03-01-2010, 08:43 PM
wow the guy in the fur :nut:

zieg
03-01-2010, 08:44 PM
Wasn't something like this on an episode of CSI?

Jetta-2.0
03-01-2010, 09:16 PM
And people wonder how there identity's get stolen? wow its from games like these :rofl:

BlackArcher101
03-01-2010, 09:38 PM
:hitit:

DeeK
03-01-2010, 09:44 PM
I think that would be a blast to play... Despite being super nerdy.

Always knowing that you are being hunted, and always hunting someone else...

97'Scort
03-01-2010, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by BlackArcher101
:hitit:
No kidding.

Kavy
03-01-2010, 09:50 PM
Sweet a game that makes breaking and entering legal?

I bet the guy in the fur jacket gets punched in the face for talking too much.

DeeK
03-01-2010, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by Kavy
Sweet a game that makes breaking and entering legal?

I bet the guy in the fur jacket gets punched in the face for talking too much.

Well considering the guy in the fur jacket is the creator of the game and is such "the boss", and gives out the prize money at the end of the tournament, I doubt it.

spikerS
03-01-2010, 10:11 PM
If it came to Calgary, I would probably play, it sounds like a lot of fun, and would lend some excitement to an otherwise boring time.

Sil80_D
03-01-2010, 10:13 PM
pretty cool. imagine getting out of work and knowing someone's out to shoot you... :)

Barking_Spidre
03-01-2010, 10:13 PM
They're not really larping, so I wouldn't say it's like WoW. More like an assassination quest from GTA or something hahaha.

Does seem like it'd be pretty interesting to play though.

VWEvo
03-01-2010, 10:15 PM
I'm in!!!

Bizzareo
03-01-2010, 10:21 PM
Its LARPing made cool!

iblizzard
03-01-2010, 10:29 PM
We have something almost completely identical to this in Calgary. I didn't play last year, but Dartwars is extremely similar.
The only difference really is rather than getting one target, you get the entire player list, which just includes phone number and address of each person. And then you gain kill points for each target you shoot. Very similar rules regarding workplaces, etc.
Tons of fun actually. Seeing people run around with nerf guns on them at all times.

Dartwars (http://dartwars.org/)

ekguy
03-01-2010, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by DeeK

this would be so fun haha. I'd definitely be down with this game haha.

CMW403
03-01-2010, 11:39 PM
this is awesome!

VaN_HaMMeRSTeiN
03-02-2010, 01:26 AM
Beyond wide game, anyone?

Atriux
03-02-2010, 01:46 AM
We did something like this during residence. A weeklong event where you got someone's name on a clothespin and it would say lower/middle/upper representing which section of the tower they're in. You're safe in your own room, your wing's bathroom, and on your floors kitchen, otherwise you were fair game (including classes, if they managed to find out that much about you). To get someone out you had to clothespin the pin with their name on the clothes they wear, and yes it did at times condone streaking xD.

It was pretty fun.

Zewind
03-02-2010, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by iblizzard
We have something almost completely identical to this in Calgary. I didn't play last year, but Dartwars is extremely similar.
The only difference really is rather than getting one target, you get the entire player list, which just includes phone number and address of each person. And then you gain kill points for each target you shoot. Very similar rules regarding workplaces, etc.
Tons of fun actually. Seeing people run around with nerf guns on them at all times.

Dartwars (http://dartwars.org/)

Friends used to play Dartwars in HS.

403Gemini
03-02-2010, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by DeeK

My buddies play it at work (I work from home so i cant participate, :( but I hear all the stories). Rule is you can't be shot infront of management, or on the work floor - but as soon as you get on the elevator/stairs you're free game. sounds crazy fun, but apparently makes going on coffee breaks retardidly stressful.

ONLY THING IS it sounds like you might incite some panic with people standing around you . Example is one of my buddies went to get coffee and the guy stalking him approached him in a line up and reached into his jacket and my buddy took off running. I could see people in the line up freaking out especially with Calgary's gang shootings in the last few years.

I was also going to join a Calgary league but decided against it when I had to provide my home & work address - they didn't have the rule "no shooting a person a block away from work" they only had no shooting the person inside the building... I worked at a bank, so some dude standing around holding onto anything that looks like a gun = big issues so I decided against it.

And the answer is yes, me and my friends are immature ;)

Edit:

Btw how is it nobody has asked... dude comes home, turns on the light and theres a chick laying there with her arms out towards you - i'd take the shot then be like... so umm... :hitit: ? How did he NOT score haha.

bituerbo
03-02-2010, 11:06 AM
Haha, we used to play this in highschool. You would just get a slip of paper with a name. When you took out that person you took their name and so on... all with water pistols.

What we need to do is invoke some sort of beyond: CSI element where all you get is a username.

JfuckinC
03-02-2010, 11:13 AM
Fuckkkkkkkk i'd be down..
my nerf gun:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=9393557&l=3cfa3fd780&id=591785360

403Gemini
03-02-2010, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by JfuckinC
Fuckkkkkkkk i'd be down..
my nerf gun:

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=9393557&l=3cfa3fd780&id=591785360

Haha my friend Ryan has that! I bought the assault rifle one with the reloadable clips except the fucking thing jams all of the time, my favorite is the maverick handgun.

I also have http://nerfguns.org/nerf-n-strike-unity-power-system, the bottem piece is a piece of shit, but the rocket + pistol are fucking awesome.

bituerbo
03-02-2010, 11:23 AM
Anyone knowi f you can get the Zorg ZF-1 in NERF form?

http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID16753/images/ZF-1_500x340.jpg

scat19
03-02-2010, 11:31 AM
No where near WoW. This actually looks fun

403Gemini
03-02-2010, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by bituerbo

http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID16753/images/ZF-1_500x340.jpg

5th element ftw :D

Mibz
03-02-2010, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by bituerbo

http://image3.examiner.com/images/blog/EXID16753/images/ZF-1_500x340.jpg I thought you had just linked to a pic of a Nerf version and I jizzed. in. my pants.

Then I read the caption and was sorely disappointed.

Masked Bandit
03-02-2010, 01:27 PM
This is old news kiddies. There was a movie in 1985 called "Gotcha" with the same basic idea.

Ruggzy_McTuggz
03-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

My buddies play it at work (I work from home so i cant participate, :( but I hear all the stories). Rule is you can't be shot infront of management, or on the work floor - but as soon as you get on the elevator/stairs you're free game. sounds crazy fun, but apparently makes going on coffee breaks retardidly stressful.

ONLY THING IS it sounds like you might incite some panic with people standing around you . Example is one of my buddies went to get coffee and the guy stalking him approached him in a line up and reached into his jacket and my buddy took off running. I could see people in the line up freaking out especially with Calgary's gang shootings in the last few years.

I was also going to join a Calgary league but decided against it when I had to provide my home & work address - they didn't have the rule "no shooting a person a block away from work" they only had no shooting the person inside the building... I worked at a bank, so some dude standing around holding onto anything that looks like a gun = big issues so I decided against it.

And the answer is yes, me and my friends are immature ;)

Edit:

Btw how is it nobody has asked... dude comes home, turns on the light and theres a chick laying there with her arms out towards you - i'd take the shot then be like... so umm... :hitit: ? How did he NOT score haha.

Haha yea, its pretty fun. If you think Heath's kill on Walkey is funny, you should hear about his Schmidt kill... wish I was there for that one. He had the whole +15 full of people in stitches lol.