PDA

View Full Version : Mustang Shop

sweepergal
03-02-2010, 03:24 PM
I was wondering if someone might know the name of a Mustang shop that is about 10 KM from 114 Avenue S.E. Anyone know if they are good to deal with?

Have a friend out east asking about it.

Thanks in advance.

sweepergal
03-02-2010, 03:37 PM
alright it is called the mustang shop. Anyone have any advise on the place. Not my type of car, but a friend is looking at dealing with them but I have no clue as to their reputation, so please advise.

Cos
03-02-2010, 03:40 PM
They are huge in the Calgary mustang scene. Like speedtech is for imports.

Shlade
03-02-2010, 04:34 PM
Ill says it once and ill say it a million times, Its probably just me, But i dislike going to the mustang shop.

Their prices are jacked up above normal, Compare the mustang shop to Western Motorsports, And see whats better. And staff at the mustang shop literally think their better than you.

Ill stand by Western Motorsports 100% because ive had nothing but good experiences with the, I cant say much about the Mustang shop.

Buyer beware from there.

leftwing
03-02-2010, 04:38 PM
over the last month i have emailled the mustang shop 3 times about getting my car tuned by them. i just was asking a couple simple questions and they havent emailled me back once.....that kind of leads me in the wrong direction, but i have never dealt with them personally, and i dont really want to anymore.

Tik-Tok
03-02-2010, 05:08 PM
I've taken mustang there twice for dyno runs, and dyno'd my wife's GTO there as well, very knowledgeable, but prices are pretty high.

They did buy my entire aftermarket exhaust from me when I sold the car though, I thought that was decent of them. (I'm sure they marked it up like crazy to sell though, lol)

TomcoPDR
03-02-2010, 05:22 PM
Talk to Mat (the son) really nice/easy guy to deal with

Cody D
03-02-2010, 06:28 PM
Originally posted by leftwing
over the last month i have emailled the mustang shop 3 times about getting my car tuned by them. i just was asking a couple simple questions and they havent emailled me back once.....that kind of leads me in the wrong direction, but i have never dealt with them personally, and i dont really want to anymore.

Have you thought about going to Toma with Dynomotive? He did an amazing job on my car. http://www.dynomotive.ca/

shakalaka
03-02-2010, 07:32 PM
Dealt with Western Motorsports and can't say better things about them. Agree with Shlade totally. Not much experience with the Mustang Shop, but WMS is awesome.

Ekliptix
03-02-2010, 08:29 PM
I went to the Mustang Shop 4-5 years ago when I had 5L Mustangs.

I always delt with Matt there, and got exceptional customer service (him trouble shooting things, non-charged dyno time after there turned out to be an issue with a sensor on my car, etc)

From my experience 4-5 years ago, Matt is good to deal with there.

Graham

Horatio
03-03-2010, 06:07 PM
I think they built their business (talking 5-10+ years ago) on vintage and 5.0 mustang parts but not so much on "tuning". Not sure what they do now but any time I've been there I've found the service to be great. Can't comment too much to the prices as I'm buying vintage stuff anyway and they seemed competitive compared to other places I found on the interwebs.

Shlade
03-03-2010, 10:53 PM
Like I said, compare prices, see what you like better.

I personally like WMS better since their prices are cheaper, Mustang Shop ive knoticed has higher up prices.

Compare both, Mustang shop is the only one that has a dyno tho.

Unless you wanna go with Toma, Which im sure hes booked solid usually.

2EFNFAST
03-04-2010, 02:33 AM
Mustang Shop doesn't actually have a dyno though, do they - I thought one of their neighboring bays had it and they just used it.

There are many options for quality dyno'ing

- davenport
- Dynomotive
-techmotion
(i've heard good things abotu Toma, but never used him)

Shlade
03-04-2010, 04:35 AM
no last time i was there they had a dyno in their back

delco21
03-04-2010, 05:44 AM
AMazing service and knowledgeable staff and their prices are pretty good and get better cause they will brin their prices down depending on the market prices

I've always had excellent customer service and they have almost every part custom or stock on their shelf so there's no waiting on crap and they can get parts that are seemingly sold out on line or anywere else for you right away

they have steered me right when modifying my car and never try and sell me shit I don't need

A+ service and an awesome group if guys and yes there is a dyno right in there shop

:thumbsup:

Tik-Tok
03-04-2010, 08:36 AM
Originally posted by 2EFNFAST
Mustang Shop doesn't actually have a dyno though, do they - I thought one of their neighboring bays had it and they just used it.

They've had one for at least 4 years. Whether they actually "own" it or not, I have no idea, but it's in their shop, not a neighbors.

leftwing
03-05-2010, 11:09 AM
Originally posted by Cody D

Have you thought about going to Toma with Dynomotive? He did an amazing job on my car. http://www.dynomotive.ca/

honestly, ive never even heard of toma. but ill consider it, i wasnt set on going to the mustang shop, i just wanted to because they are "mustang experts" and well...i wana get a mustang tuned.

thanks for the recommendation though. im sure most people with a dyno will go a good job on any car..

Cos
03-05-2010, 11:14 AM
Originally posted by leftwing

honestly, ive never even heard of toma.

Then either you havent been around long or you stay out of the society and politics area.

Toma
05-05-2010, 02:52 PM

There are many options for quality dyno'ing

- davenport
- Dynomotive
-techmotion
(i've heard good things abotu Toma, but never used him)
Matt at the Mustang Shop is one of the most knowledgeable Ford tuners in NORTH AMERICA.

I've seen his tunes next to "others" and there is no comparison. I've also fixed tunes form 'others' and they do some whacky shit, Matt's stuff is bang on.

The dyno in the back belonged to me at one time, but I sold it to them a year or so ago when I bought the new machine and was convinced it would do the Job.

I have no idea about retail prices lol... been so long since i bought something retail.... memory is foggy lol.... they are very knowledgeable, but they are WAAAYYYY busy and understaffed at the moment, so be patient.

Moe Man
05-05-2010, 10:09 PM
toma is right on, they are so busy all the time, I waited 30 mins just to pick up a part i already paid for. but i am fine with it. seriously i have over 20 000 in recipts from them, never had an issue.

as far as tunes go....I had a supercharged 5.0l with almost 200km on it for 3 years no issues and i believe matt had alot to do with the reliablity.

If you have a SCT tune then go to matt, he is the best in all of western canada for SCT. Anything other than that go to toma.

:thumbsup:

2EFNFAST
05-05-2010, 11:27 PM
I got my 04 tuned from him (Versus some lame duck SCT tune it originally had) - night and day difference between his and the SCT one

2EFNFAST
05-08-2010, 12:42 AM
btw, i'll be throwing mine on the tecmotion dyno shortly, so i'll be able to tell you how close Matt's tune was. Dyno don't lie :D

Toma
05-09-2010, 10:14 AM
btw, i'll be throwing mine on the tecmotion dyno shortly, so i'll be able to tell you how close Matt's tune was. Dyno don't lie :D

Yes they do. There is a LOT more to tuning a late model Mustang besides wot power.

Like I said, Ive looked at the TUNES side by side, and there is where the difference lies....

Band-Aid Shit like closed look disabled, Tables arbitrarily upped 10%, certain function changed and look like a grade 3er drew them with a crayon instead of the mathematical equation it should resemble, PID loops/controls running overtime and amok cause the basic understanding is not there to set the background correctly etc....

I have NEVER had to fix a Mustang Shop Matt tune on a newer style processor... I cringe everytime I have to fix someone elses.

2EFNFAST
05-09-2010, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Toma

Yes they do. There is a LOT more to tuning a late model Mustang besides wot power.

Like I said, Ive looked at the TUNES side by side, and there is where the difference lies....

Band-Aid Shit like closed look disabled, Tables arbitrarily upped 10%, certain function changed and look like a grade 3er drew them with a crayon instead of the mathematical equation it should resemble, PID loops/controls running overtime and amok cause the basic understanding is not there to set the background correctly etc....

I have NEVER had to fix a Mustang Shop Matt tune on a newer style processor... I cringe everytime I have to fix someone elses.

I wasn't thinking about hp/tq on the dyno here, but rather the a/f since that's all I'm concerned about.

If I gain/loose a few ponies I could care less, I'm only conerned about making sure the a/f is bang on from his tune.

Toma
05-09-2010, 03:26 PM

I wasn't thinking about hp/tq on the dyno here, but rather the a/f since that's all I'm concerned about.

If I gain/loose a few ponies I could care less, I'm only conerned about making sure the a/f is bang on from his tune.
No offense... do you have enough understanding and experience to be able to judge what a good AF ratio is, or what to look for in the pattern of the graph?

My buddy has probably the fastest pulley/cold air/tune Shelby GT500, and most people or even tuners would not have a clue why the AF is how it is....

My old 5.0 car was the fastest stock shortblock car anywhere, and ran pump gas to boot, and you would not believe how many "experts" told me the AF was "wrong" lol

2EFNFAST
05-09-2010, 03:34 PM

No offense... are you smart enough to be able to judge what a good AF ratio is, or what to look for in the pattern of the graph?

My buddy has probably the fastest pulley/cold air/tune Shelby GT500, and most people or even tuners would not have a clue why the AF is how it is....

Nope, I'm too stupid to know that :D

All I know, based on my research and talking with everybody, for an 03/04 cobra, 11.6-11.8 is a good safe a/f; i'm not concerned about being the fastest out there, I just want my daily driver to go for many years without any problems, and not be like some of those you read on SVTP where for whatever reason their engine was running leaner from the factory than most, and .... b0000m

Toma
05-09-2010, 03:36 PM

Nope, I'm too stupid to know that :D

All I know, based on my research and talking with everybody, for an 03/04 cobra, 11.6-11.8 is a good safe a/f; i'm not concerned about being the fastest out there, I just want my daily driver to go for many years without any problems, and not be like some of those you read on SVTP where for whatever reason their engine was running leaner from the factory than most, and .... b0000m

I edited my post above ;)

They dont blow up from too lean. They blow up for other reasons that many "tuners" miss or don't comprehend.

You'll be fine.

mark4091
05-10-2010, 05:34 PM
Hey Toma, im just wondering if it would be worth it to tune a fairly stock 1994 5.0 Mustang. The only things done to the car that I am aware of are a JLT intake, and a flowmaster exhaust with the cats taken out.

Toma
05-11-2010, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by mark4091
Hey Toma, im just wondering if it would be worth it to tune a fairly stock 1994 5.0 Mustang. The only things done to the car that I am aware of are a JLT intake, and a flowmaster exhaust with the cats taken out.

Not really... bump your timing to 14 initial, and call it good.

mark4091
05-11-2010, 08:38 PM
Yeah thats what I figured. I need to decide what to do to the car one of these days.... im still debating. With 5.0 mustangs too many options and too many experts.

.....and as for the mustang shop they have been good to me the couple times I've used them.

Drsuce
05-11-2010, 11:14 PM
My experence with the mustang shop is very hit or miss. Every time i go in and get Matt or his father i get excellent service, world class even! Yet other staff seem not to know much at all. Last call i made i was looking for maximum motorsports rear LCA's and was told that "its not a comon part to be replaced. 6-8 weeks away" called WMS and they had em in stock...

I must also say that Shannon at WMS also gives awesome service. When my diff blew up in kelowna i ordered all the parts through WMS (31 spline axles, ring & pinion and carbon clutch 31 spline posi) and had a friend drive em out to me, they loaded everything into her car EXCEPT the new posi... When i called Shannon he fedex overnighted it to me... no charge!

2EFNFAST
05-25-2010, 06:09 PM
So I got it tuned at tecmotion today, and basically here's the (rough) summary versus the mustang shop tune

- a/f was far too learn from the mustang shop. It ranged between around 12.1 to 12.4, way way way too lean for an 03/04 cobra(needs to be around 11.7 to 11.9ish)

-timing was advanced 3* too far

-I made peak 20RWtq more and peak 5RWhp more with the proper tune

-The real story is the mid-range. Between 2000rpm and 5000rpm, I picked up approximately 10RWhp across the entire RPM band, and between 20 and 35RWtq across the entire band ... complete curve shift

So basically I made a crap load more power everywhere across the ENTIRE curve, safer timing, and much safer a/f.

Back-to-back dyno don't lie ;)

Moe Man
05-26-2010, 09:40 AM
Did you tell matt that?

uv1569
05-26-2010, 10:47 AM
So I got it tuned at tecmotion today, and basically here's the (rough) summary versus the mustang shop tune

- a/f was far too learn from the mustang shop. It ranged between around 12.1 to 12.4, way way way too lean for an 03/04 cobra(needs to be around 11.7 to 11.9ish)

-timing was advanced 3* too far

-I made peak 20RWtq more and peak 5RWhp more with the proper tune

-The real story is the mid-range. Between 2000rpm and 5000rpm, I picked up approximately 10RWhp across the entire RPM band, and between 20 and 35RWtq across the entire band ... complete curve shift

So basically I made a crap load more power everywhere across the ENTIRE curve, safer timing, and much safer a/f.

Well i wanna see where your car is in 3 months time... Just based on previous knowings and dealing with Matt at Techmotion... I will hands down take Matt at the Mustang shop tune anyday of the week...

Last guy I know had an old white whipple 03 cobra.. had a canned tune outta the states... buddy took it to matt at techmotion and has never pulled the same ETs or power numbers the canned tune outta the states did and the car is always hurting... just sayin

2EFNFAST
05-26-2010, 12:08 PM
Originally posted by uv1569

Well i wanna see where your car is in 3 months time... Just based on previous knowings and dealing with Matt at Techmotion... I will hands down take Matt at the Mustang shop tune anyday of the week...

Last guy I know had an old white whipple 03 cobra.. had a canned tune outta the states... buddy took it to matt at techmotion and has never pulled the same ETs or power numbers the canned tune outta the states did and the car is always hurting... just sayin

I don't see what's going to change now vs 3mths from now.

It's pretty hard to argue against it - straight linear shifts on the hp/tq curve across the entire band, all the while using less agressive timing and a safer, richer a/f. If we went in the opposite direction (lean it out), sure, I'd 110% agree, but my a/f is a solid 11.7 to 11.9 throughout the entire curve (2000 to 6500), versus the old one where it was all over the map and ranged from 12.1 to 12.4ish

There's no fancy tricks here. We did a baseline dyno with matt's tune (which probably has the advantage too because his was the first one and didn't have any heaton soak), then started from scratch and just played with the a/f to get it to 11.8ish and lower the timing to a safer range.

As to your friends tune, if his is always hurting why doesn't he just go into his sct/diablo and go "reload old canned tune" .... if there's one thing I've picked up from cobra owners, it's either their smart about their cars and want them to last, or their a bunch of retards who have no clue what they're doing.

I've seen people who've had their pulley wobbling and instead of pulling it off and investigating they continue to drive it hard then go 'durrrrrr, why's my crank pulley bent ..... why do I have to open up my engine now, durrrrr'. Not saying that's your friend, just that you never know with cobra owners.

Originally posted by Moe Man
Did you tell matt that?

No point - I'm not going to jump up and down and demand money back, and he can just say i've got a quirky car that's different than most 03/04s he's tuned.

His tune was better than the canned tune the car came with (for the wrong size pulley, 93 octane, etc... etc...) so it did its job - serve as an intermediate tune until I could limp him onto the dyno.

2EFNFAST
05-26-2010, 09:41 PM
Bump 4 Toma :D (and remember, dynos were back-to-back, same day within an hour's time, same temp, humidity, weather conditions, etc... etc... etc...) :drama:

Moe Man
05-27-2010, 12:34 AM
man thats messed up....

the white cobra has other issues besides the tune, cant use that car as an example.

been in it many times:thumbsdow

2EFNFAST
05-27-2010, 01:55 AM
man thats messed up....

the white cobra has other issues besides the tune, cant use that car as an example.

been in it many times:thumbsdow

What type of issues? Just bad luck, or is it one of those cars that was put together like a clusterfvck?

stealth1313
05-27-2010, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by sweepergal
alright it is called the mustang shop. Anyone have any advise on the place. Not my type of car, but a friend is looking at dealing with them but I have no clue as to their reputation, so please advise. I heard they are good, friends go there. They are to muscle like Honda is to vtec

Moe Man
05-27-2010, 11:16 AM

What type of issues? Just bad luck, or is it one of those cars that was put together like a clusterfvck?

exhaust leak, missing, needed a tune since it got here two years ago. Just a bad car to use as an example.

Its fast as hell tho:nut:

2EFNFAST
05-27-2010, 11:35 AM

exhaust leak, missing, needed a tune since it got here two years ago. Just a bad car to use as an example.

Its fast as hell tho:nut:

All mod'd stump pullers are fast as hell, hehe :D

Wrath
05-27-2010, 02:51 PM

They could.......Different base calibration of the Dyno....Different Wideband....Most people don't know this. But MD-250's require calibration. (I helped do it when WMS had theirs and recall Toma telling me how they did the Drum drag test on his (I think it involved a forklift and a 160KM dyno run LOL))

Comparing power your car makes on all the different Dynos in the City then saying the Tuner is wrong will only make you enemies. Take your car where ever you like...and stay with that Dyno and tuner.

and TRUST me.....Everybody will come to you and tell you "they know a guy whose car blew up cause of XXXX shops tune" go with your gut and how YOU feel the car runs after your tune!

My experience Matt tuned my old 89 Supercharged 5L

It worked great after the tune and pulled hard....Matt worked hard on the tune and I was Happy!

2EFNFAST
05-27-2010, 03:30 PM
Originally posted by Wrath

They could.......Different base calibration of the Dyno....Different Wideband....Most people don't know this. But MD-250's require calibration. (I helped do it when WMS had theirs and recall Toma telling me how they did the Drum drag test on his (I think it involved a forklift and a 160KM dyno run LOL))

Comparing power your car makes on all the different Dynos in the City then saying the Tuner is wrong will only make you enemies. Take your car where ever you like...and stay with that Dyno and tuner.

and TRUST me.....Everybody will come to you and tell you "they know a guy whose car blew up cause of XXXX shops tune" go with your gut and how YOU feel the car runs after your tune!

My experience Matt tuned my old 89 Supercharged 5L

It worked great after the tune and pulled hard....Matt worked hard on the tune and I was Happy!

uh, back-to-back must have different meanings here.

We base-lined with the mustang shop tune (lean a/f, etc..) then within the hour ran the new tune once we'd set the proper timing and a/f.

So same day, same weather conditions, same humidity, same dyno, exact same everything, minus like 60-70minutes later.

I don't know why people keep telling me you can't compare 1 dyno to another - I know that - that's why I've clearly specified it was done back-to-back within an hour at the same shop, so there's no playing with parameters or anything like that.......this is not a case of on May 1 I got it dyno'd at place A, then ran to place B on May 30 to double check and compared the two numbers.

My purpose isn't to make enemies - it's just to say you can't trust anything without a dyno - my setup is very very very basic (catted X, 2.8, catback, fipk2) and it was off by a good margin. Do I have a "freak" car that makes more power than most or runs a bit leaner....who knows.

Shlade
05-28-2010, 07:28 AM
white cobra.. Is this the one with the Bullitt Wheels you speak of?

Moe Man
05-28-2010, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Shlade
white cobra.. Is this the one with the Bullitt Wheels you speak of?

yup

Toma
05-28-2010, 12:04 PM
See, this is what happens when someone that does not understand what's going THINKS they do.

Cobra's don't have knock sensors, so you simply could not have picked up power as you describe.... something else is going on, and if the WHOLE curve shifted up in a fairly linear fashion, something else is going on.

Second, as Wrath Said...dynos vary, as do widebands. Tecmotion at one time used some cheap piece of shit wideband, I have no idea what they use now.

Matt at the Mustang shop has a nice unit.

and who told you "12.2" is too lean? According to who? At what load%? What rpm? What elevation? What brand wideband and sensor?

Toma
05-28-2010, 12:06 PM

We base-lined with the mustang shop tune (lean a/f, etc..) then within the hour ran the new tune once we'd set the proper timing and a/f.

So same day, same weather conditions, same humidity, same dyno, exact same everything, minus like 60-70minutes later.

LOL.... "proper" timing and AF?

You guys make me laugh

:rofl:

Toma
05-28-2010, 12:17 PM
Bump 4 Toma :D (and remember, dynos were back-to-back, same day within an hour's time, same temp, humidity, weather conditions, etc... etc... etc...) :drama:

And I'll just re-quote what I told you before since obviously it fell on deaf ears.

Shlade
05-28-2010, 12:40 PM
That white cobra looks used and ABUSED but is fast as fuck and sounds mean as hell too!

Wrath
05-28-2010, 01:01 PM

I don't know why people keep telling me you can't compare 1 dyno to another - I know that - that's why I've clearly specified it was done back-to-back within an hour at the same shop, so there's no playing with parameters or anything like that.......this is not a case of on May 1 I got it dyno'd at place A, then ran to place B on May 30 to double check and compared the two numbers.

My purpose isn't to make enemies - it's just to say you can't trust anything without a dyno - my setup is very very very basic (catted X, 2.8, catback, fipk2) and it was off by a good margin. Do I have a "freak" car that makes more power than most or runs a bit leaner....who knows.

So you had you car tuned by Matt on HIS MD-250 got a # and curve printed out.....ect

Then you went to Matthew....and said "look at this" did a base line on HIS MD-250.

There is is problem

Even though they are BOTH MD-250's...with the same car and the same tune.... they will give different results due to different initial calibration and Widebands...

2EFNFAST
05-28-2010, 01:17 PM

So you had you car tuned by Matt on HIS MD-250 got a # and curve printed out.....ect

Then you went to Matthew....and said "look at this" did a base line on HIS MD-250.

There is is problem

Even though they are BOTH MD-250's...with the same car and the same tune.... they will give different results due to different initial calibration and Widebands...

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Let me try to make this simpler for you.

Me go to mustang shop and get mustang shop tune.

Me then drive around for a few weeks with mustang shop tune. lalalalalalalala

Me then go to tecmotion.

Me at tecmotion now.

Me put car on tecmotion dyno at 1pm.

At 1pm, tecmotion dyno shows lean a/f (low to mid 12s) and a too advanced timing (imho)

At 1.30pm we decided we need to change tune because we're not comfortable with the a/f or timing

From 1.30 to 3 we reload the base tune, change the timing to a safer degree (3* lower than mustang shop had it) and play with the a/f to get it between 11.7 and 11.9 from 2000rpm to 6500rpm

At 3 we stick car back onto the dyno for its last run and have a smooth a/f (11.7 to 11.9ish), and have picked up power under both hp and tq curves.....peak power up +5/+25, power under both curves up everywhere around +10/+20<->+35

Once again, my baseline with the mustang shop tune was done at tecmotion, as was my final tune. SAME day, temp, humidity, same everything.

Wrath
05-28-2010, 03:53 PM

:facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

Let me try to make this simpler for you.

Me go to mustang shop and get mustang shop tune.

Me then drive around for a few weeks with mustang shop tune. lalalalalalalala

Me then go to tecmotion.

Me at tecmotion now.

Me put car on tecmotion dyno at 1pm.

At 1pm, tecmotion dyno shows lean a/f (low to mid 12s) and a too advanced timing (imho)

At 1.30pm we decided we need to change tune because we're not comfortable with the a/f or timing

From 1.30 to 3 we reload the base tune, change the timing to a safer degree (3* lower than mustang shop had it) and play with the a/f to get it between 11.7 and 11.9 from 2000rpm to 6500rpm

At 3 we stick car back onto the dyno for its last run and have a smooth a/f (11.7 to 11.9ish), and have picked up power under both hp and tq curves.....peak power up +5/+25, power under both curves up everywhere around +10/+20&lt;-&gt;+35

Once again, my baseline with the mustang shop tune was done at tecmotion, as was my final tune. SAME day, temp, humidity, same everything.

Nice post you sarcastic ass

I get what you did.....You just do not UNDERSTAND what Toma and I are saying.

But that is fine....and I'm glad your techmotion tune is working for you.

Toma
05-28-2010, 04:50 PM
Since now you have BOTH tunes....

... and I can't believe I am wasting time offering this....

Bring your car down. We will do an A-B-A test.

I'll log timing.

a) Well run whatever tune is in the car when you arrive, I'll log timing and AFR.

b) We'll reflash the other tune, and do the same.

a) Then well put tune A back, and repeat.

If the new tune is significantly (more than run to run variability) more power and in fact logs with less timing, not only was this test be free, I will GIVE you $50.

2EFNFAST
05-28-2010, 06:11 PM
I deleted the old ones out of my SCT since I saw no reason to keep them.

Not trying to start a conspiracy theory or anything, just saying here was the before and after effect. That's all :)

Moe Man
05-28-2010, 06:31 PM
can I get a free tune?:rofl:

Shlade - the reason it sounds like that is becuase it has straight pips with no cats. :nut:

2FENFAST i say take your car to toma to see what happens. we will all get our heads cleared this way.

CUG
05-28-2010, 07:02 PM
I deleted the old ones out of my SCT since I saw no reason to keep them.

Not trying to start a conspiracy theory or anything, just saying here was the before and after effect. That's all :) It's too bad you deleted it, Toma made you a great offer, and I think what people are getting at is that you should back up these wild claims before shitting all over someones business. If you're feeling genuinely ripped off, you should try to get your old tune back from Matt and take Toma up on his offer. I'll even add to it and buy you a windshield wiper blade.

I've dynoed 168 whp with race gas on one dyno with my bike, and 156 on another dyno before. Even the same dyno's won't read identical. <-You shouldn't ignore that bro, just saying.

Mustang shop knows their shit, Matt especially knows his shit. He had that shop going near marda loop when I was still in high school 10 years ago.

Toma
05-28-2010, 08:47 PM
Boggles the mind how people claim aliens exist, then I ask them to prove it, and miraculously, the proof disappears.

I know exactly what the outcome would have been...

Just wanted to SHOW it to others and especially "internet experts".

Wrath
06-17-2010, 11:44 AM
http://www.performance-shop.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=66404.msg523948;topicseen#msg523948

Revhard
06-17-2010, 03:39 PM
Again, complete BS.
Read my post in that thread.
2EFNFAST got legitimate gains with a baseline to compare to.
The car drives better and makes more power.
One guy knows how to use a computer with no real training, other guy has an education directly related to software. What are the odds?
Tecmotion tuned Anthony's car when he was 11.5:1 and 9lbs of boost road racing at 9200rpm. One of the fastest FWD street cars ever on race city with a combo that had no right to stay together.
Anthony has a similar education to Matthew at Tecmotion, and guess where he took his car?
We went drag racing and pulled some fuel to lean out Matthew's tune.
It was rich to keep it together for road racing, but for short-term could be tweaked by a guy like Anthony for a few more horses.
Car won his class.
Again, Tecmotion's coupe runs 9's on 500whp. Proof is in the pudding.
Car won tons of races, and he hot-lapped it to win an endurance event.
Ran 9's off the trailer at first race city friday in 09.
My car ran 13.5 with his tune when all the turbo Honda civics are slower with 250whp on another dyno.
I have almost 500 passes on my car, 400 with 9000rpm shifts and 7-8000 rpm launches. I would run 3 or 4 14.1's at 98mph back to back.
These are signs of a competent tuner.
Now, Toma tunes alot of cars too, and that is not my point. My point is that ragging on Tecmotion is pretty goofy with specualtion on fudging numbers. He just doesn't do it.

2EFNFAST
06-17-2010, 03:42 PM
Boggles the mind how people claim aliens exist, then I ask them to prove it, and miraculously, the proof disappears.

I know exactly what the outcome would have been...

Just wanted to SHOW it to others and especially &quot;internet experts&quot;.

What's there to boggle to mind. I'm sloppy and have to reload my tune to adjust for different tires, so I didn't want to make the mistake of using the wrong tune accidently.

If you want call Matthew up and ask him if I asked him to delete Matt's tune because I didn't need it anymore, he'll tell you I made that request when we were finished.

If you read the thread, it's basically this

- yea, I got an 04 cobra
- wow, this 04 is a total clusterfvck. brb, fixing all mods properly
-got canned tune from mustangshop since I'm just using basic mods. Told there's no reason to dyno it from several people (matt, several people on here) because his tunes are the best
-I know 03/04s are picky, so I decide to get it dyno'd
-Dyno; a/f too high, timing kind of high
- Adjust; an hour or so later safer and more powerful tune

That's it, plain and simple.

Toma
06-17-2010, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Revhard
Again, complete BS.
Read my post in that thread.
2EFNFAST got legitimate gains with a baseline to compare to.
The car drives better and makes more power.
One guy knows how to use a computer with no real training, other guy has an education directly related to software. What are the odds?
Tecmotion tuned Anthony's car when he was 11.5:1 and 9lbs of boost road racing at 9200rpm. One of the fastest FWD street cars ever on race city with a combo that had no right to stay together.
Anthony has a similar education to Matthew at Tecmotion, and guess where he took his car?
We went drag racing and pulled some fuel to lean out Matthew's tune.
It was rich to keep it together for road racing, but for short-term could be tweaked by a guy like Anthony for a few more horses.
Car won his class.
Again, Tecmotion's coupe runs 9's on 500whp. Proof is in the pudding.
Car won tons of races, and he hot-lapped it to win an endurance event.
Ran 9's off the trailer at first race city friday in 09.
My car ran 13.5 with his tune when all the turbo Honda civics are slower with 250whp on another dyno.
I have almost 500 passes on my car, 400 with 9000rpm shifts and 7-8000 rpm launches. I would run 3 or 4 14.1's at 98mph back to back.
These are signs of a competent tuner.
Now, Toma tunes alot of cars too, and that is not my point. My point is that ragging on Tecmotion is pretty goofy with specualtion on fudging numbers. He just doesn't do it.

What does a software degree have to do with anything when it comes to tuning? We aren't writing code in hex, the software is defined and written already.

I don't know what DID happen, but I KNOW from my experience tuning ((longer than anyone in this city in terms of EFI, and especially Ford) that it could NOT have happened as described.

I knew from the very first post when this guy said he was going to "Techmotion to CHECK the Mustang Shop's tune", that there was something else going on here.

Anyway....

Toma
06-17-2010, 05:03 PM
http://www.performance-shop.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=66404.msg523948;topicseen#msg523948

:eek:

And in that thread, despite the results and majority feedback, I 'defended' Techmotion....

I am not biased, I do understand what can and cannot be done with tuning, so in both threads, I am merely pointing out what may not be obvious to some.

2EFNFAST
06-17-2010, 07:21 PM

I knew from the very first post when this guy said he was going to &quot;Techmotion to CHECK the Mustang Shop's tune&quot;, that there was something else going on here.

Anyway....

:confused: :confused:

I said check because anybody who knows anything about cobras knows they're finicky and you want the tune to be pretty bang on so you don't have headaches down the road.

I've heard many good things about Tecmotion and mustang shop wasn't booking for a while past my original appointment, so I went there. If I'd gone to the mustang shop's dyno I would have said 'going to MS dyno to check the tune'.

There's no magic hidden aliens here. Very first thing I asked him to do is do a baseline so we can see how the a/f and timing is. if it were fine, I had 0 intention of doing anything.