PDA

View Full Version : The Zombie Thread

freshprince1
03-02-2010, 04:00 PM
Well, I love Zombie movies. Not for the gore or anything like that, but more for the survivalist and post-societal degredation themes to it. It fascinates me to see various interpretations on how fast society could actually break down and how people would survive. There's also usually some good action and suspense as well. So I thought I'd start a thread where we could remind each other of the best ones out there. Also, every once in a while I crave a Zombie movie and can't really think of any I haven't seen. So list your favorites, or anything else Zombie that might be of interest. Here are mine, in order:

1. 28 Days Later
2. World War Z (book)
3. Resident Evil (the movie)
4. Zombieland
5. Shaun of the Dead

I can't think of any others right now. I need to re-watch Romero's originals. I'd like to pick up the Zombie Survival Guide as well.

edit***I noticed there was another Zombie movie thread, but I thought a thread for more general discussion might be cool. Perhaps a change to the title of theis Thread, "The Zombie Thread" would be good.

sexualbanana
03-02-2010, 04:02 PM
I like the Dawn of the Dead remake.
Land of the Dead (I think that's one of the newer ones) was okay

sexualbanana
03-02-2010, 04:03 PM
The parts of Day by Day Armageddon I've read have been pretty good too

403Gemini
03-02-2010, 04:07 PM
If you're into graphic novels, i HIGHLY recommend the walking dead series. It's fucking amazing.

TKRIS
03-02-2010, 04:35 PM
After reading Max Brooks's explanation of why a fucking crossbow is not only an excellent zombie defense weapon, but an excellent zombie sniping weapon, I can't take anything he write seriously.

A crossbow? Are you fucking high?

Zombie movies are a bit of an enigma for me. It feels like it might be one of the last places for real innovation and creativity left in Hollywood. There have been countless Zombie movies, but they all leave you feeling a little incomplete. Maybe my Zombipocalypse fascination has left me with unrealistic expectations of what a zombie movie could be, but it just doesn't feel like anyone has succeeded in making that real epic, fulfilling, satisfying zombie movie yet.

Zombieland is probably my favorite zombie movie at the moment. Sure, it was only 1 facet of the genre, but what it did, it did extremely well, and in a fairly creative way. It's not the whole zombie package I'm looking for, but it was very good at being what it was. Too many zombie movies try to be too many different things, and they just end up feeling empty.

I think a "District 9" spin would have made a fantastic zombie movie, but that ship may have already sailed.

Worst zombie movie in recent history: 30 days of night. Jesus fucking hell that sucked. How can you take something as fucking awesome as zombies, and then make a movie that sucks that bad? Zombies are what makes zombie movies. Why would anyone marginalize them like that? I'm getting pissed just thinking about how fucking stupid the writers/directors/producers for that abortion must have been...

sexualbanana
03-02-2010, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by TKRIS
Worst zombie movie in recent history: 30 days of night. Jesus fucking hell that sucked. How can you take something as fucking awesome as zombies, and then make a movie that sucks that bad? Zombies are what makes zombie movies. Why would anyone marginalize them like that? I'm getting pissed just thinking about how fucking stupid the writers/directors/producers for that abortion must have been...

Aren't they vampires?

TKRIS
03-02-2010, 04:48 PM
:rofl:
See? The "monsters" in the fucking monster movie were marginalized to the point where I didn't even remember if they were zombies or vampires.

My bad. But that movie was still fucking terrible.

EDIT: Also, WTF is up with Vampire movies? I've had "Daybreakers" sitting on my computer for a couple weeks now, and I haven't sat down and watched it yet because I'm just not sure i can handle another terrible vampire movie...

nj2Type-S
03-02-2010, 04:48 PM
^yah, weren't they vampires? LOL :dunno:

thrasher22
03-02-2010, 06:32 PM
If you like Zombie movies and/or B movies, Brain Dead is a must watch.
Its one of Peter Jackson's first movies and its straight up demented :thumbsup:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103873/

Tik-Tok
03-02-2010, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini
If you're into graphic novels, i HIGHLY recommend the walking dead series. It's fucking amazing.

:thumbsup:

I've been collecting the hardcovers, awesome series.

In the editor pages of the last one, he's announced that it's been picked up for a TV series, and said it looks fairly promising, and shouldn't be another craptastic comic-tv failure. Sticking to some of the series, but not in every way, so even if you read the comic, you won't know what will happen next.

HuMz
03-02-2010, 07:17 PM
Just saw "the crazies", not a full out Zombie movie but still pretty good.

And on a side not, if your looking to get loaded for cheap....The Olive Grove in Midnapore has a drink called "the zombie" which features 3 shots of rum, a shot of brandy, then some lime/pinapple juice and a shot of 151 lastly and all for $8.50.

Drink a few of those and you pretty much turn into a zombie.

InLoveWitRSX
03-02-2010, 11:43 PM
I'm waiting for the day where there will be a massive zombie apocalypse in real life.... it'll be an exciting day.

RickDaTuner
03-02-2010, 11:53 PM
Originally posted by InLoveWitRSX
I'm waiting for the day where there will be a massive zombie apocalypse in real life.... it'll be an exciting day.

This day is cited in the Bible as being the apocalypse

And in those days men will seek death and will not find it; they will long to die, and death flees from them.
Revelation 9:6

Eccl. 12:7 Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it

haha:devil:

ryder_23
03-03-2010, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by HuMz
Just saw "the crazies", not a full out Zombie movie but still pretty good.

And on a side not, if your looking to get loaded for cheap....The Olive Grove in Midnapore has a drink called "the zombie" which features 3 shots of rum, a shot of brandy, then some lime/pinapple juice and a shot of 151 lastly and all for $8.50.

Drink a few of those and you pretty much turn into a zombie.

Either your full of shit, or aglc is gonna have a field day with that one haha.

403Gemini
03-03-2010, 01:33 AM
Originally posted by InLoveWitRSX

Is it sad I actually look forward to a zombie invasion, or a gears of war scenario? All I think is I never have to work again, instead I just live for survival and I dont have to worry about debt ;)

SpoonEK9@STRD
03-03-2010, 02:01 AM
28 Days, is by far the best to date.
28 weeks later, was the suck compared to 28days, but still an okay zombie movie on its own.
28 months later is set to be released in 2011.
Zombieland was a cool concept, thought it would be like a full out joke like "scary movie" was to "scream"
I am legend, would have been awesome if the monsters were not CG, and were real people as zombies.
Dawn of the dead, hated the actors, but enjoyed the movie.

Wikipedia - List of Zombie Films (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_zombie_films)

freshprince1
03-03-2010, 10:05 AM
Definately going to play some Nazi Zombies tonight. I wonder if when the actual Zombieocalypse happens there will be a glitch to make them all mosh pit together at the top of the stairs?

Tik-Tok
03-03-2010, 10:27 AM
:facepalm: at people saying "when the zombiepocalypse happens"

Haven't you guys ever been to Vancouver Island? It's already fucking started man, zombies EVERYWHERE.

JordanEG6
03-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Dawn of the Dead and Zombieland are probably my current faves.
28 Days Later was probably one of the best as well.
28 Weeks Later was alright, first one was better.

Some other good ones were Land of the Dead, Night of the Living Dead, and I've been meaning to see Dead Snow for quite sometime.

The Zombie Survival Guide is very entertaining and contains some very useful tips in there lol. Marvel Zombies series are dope too.

almerick
03-03-2010, 01:19 PM
Recently read an article on kotaku about zombies, pretty interesting because the definitions of infected and zombies are starting to become blurred.

Loved Marvel Zombies, loving The Walking Dead (issues come out too slow)

Return of the Living dead series is awesome because you always know who will become a zombie since actors are recycled but the fate is always the same.

Resident Evil.

403Gemini
03-03-2010, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by almerick
Recently read an article on kotaku about zombies, pretty interesting because the definitions of infected and zombies are starting to become blurred.

Loved Marvel Zombies, loving The Walking Dead (issues come out too slow)

Return of the Living dead series is awesome because you always know who will become a zombie since actors are recycled but the fate is always the same.

Resident Evil.

With walking dead how do you think I feel? I dont buy the individual comics, I wait for the tradebacks so its like 3-4 comics in 1... I wait 3-5 months for each! lol

Tik-Tok
03-03-2010, 02:39 PM
Originally posted by 403Gemini

With walking dead how do you think I feel? I dont buy the individual comics, I wait for the tradebacks so its like 3-4 comics in 1... I wait 3-5 months for each! lol

Torrent ;)

(justified since I buy the hardcover collection when they come out)

403Gemini
03-03-2010, 05:19 PM
Originally posted by Tik-Tok

Torrent ;)

(justified since I buy the hardcover collection when they come out)

Nah I like getting them in big chunks at a time. It's like TV shows, I dont watch them until the DVD release.