Very sad...

http://tvguide.ca/TVNews/Articles/100302_ax_men_death_GD

scat19
03-03-2010, 08:30 AM
IB4 Rottweilers argument.

RIP to the little girl.

RickDaTuner
03-03-2010, 08:46 AM
Since when is it ever OK to leave a child alone with one of those dogs? It may be harsh to think and say, but negligence causing death may be a charge not far off for the parrents.

Poor little girl, RIP

King Banana
03-03-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
negligence causing death may be a charge not far off for the parrents.

I can absolutely agree with this.

l/l/rX
03-03-2010, 09:41 AM
and now here come all the arguments about "the dog is only as good as the owner treats them" and "Rottweilers are nice dogs"

syeve
03-03-2010, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by l/l/rX
and now here come all the arguments about "the dog is only as good as the owner treats them" and "Rottweilers are nice dogs"

Arguments? No argument here, they are nice and of course they are only as nice as the parents treat them.

I hate to break it to you but it is 100% the parents fault for leaving a child with a powerful animal such as a Rotty, unfortunately the dog will pay the ultimate price along with the little girl for the parents neglect.

When are people going to realize that it is NEVER the dogs fault! If you have any brains you would realize there is an inherent DANGER to mixing kids with dogs. I love dogs (more than most people) but have a pretty strong stance on dogs and kids, they do NOT mix.

spike98
03-03-2010, 10:10 AM
Its never the dogs fault. Its being a responsible owner/master that comes into play. EVERY dog has the ability to attack, its these (among many others) that have the ability to do serious harm or even cause death.

It should be considered that EVERY dog is dangerous to some degeree. I know my shiba cannot be trusted off leash so i dont let him off leash. Its really that simple.

Kloubek
03-03-2010, 10:19 AM

...for good reason.

Mitsu3000gt
03-03-2010, 10:25 AM
The parents should be thrown in jail IMO.

Stubby
03-03-2010, 10:43 AM
Don't blame the breed! Blame the owners:banghead: :banghead:

Any dog is capable of doing this regardless of what some people think, be it small/med/large. Some of the worst dogs I have ever encountered were the littlest shits in the world.

Owners should be sentenced for the death of their child. End of story.

RIP to the little girl

slowboy
03-03-2010, 10:49 AM
"The attack happened four months after officers had taken a Rottweiler from the Brownings after it bit an adult family member; that dog was put down."
Seems like the family has a history of raising aggresive dogs.

KKY
03-03-2010, 11:05 AM
You guys seem to be the exceptions. All the time, I hear dog owners I encounter say "Don't worry. He/she's very friendly". I've never heard an owner say "Be careful. My dog can be dangerous." :dunno:

KKY
03-03-2010, 11:06 AM
edit: double post

403Gemini
03-03-2010, 11:07 AM
Originally posted by KKY
You guys seem to be the exceptions. All the time, I hear dog owners I encounter say "Don't worry. He/she's very friendly". I've never heard an owner say "Be careful. My dog can be dangerous." :dunno:

I have. My job is going into peoples houses all day long and people warn me about their dogs all the time... I think dogs can sense a dog person though, because those "dangerous" dogs warm right up to me , you just have to know how to greet them.

That being said, if I had a baby or a small child, I wouldnt even leave it alone with my min pin and shes only like 10 lbs.

GingeRRRBeef
03-03-2010, 11:15 AM

Like another poster already mentioned, every dog has the capacity to be dangerous. Uninformed humans created this tragedy. The dog is not the problem here. Rotti's are nice dogs but even a chihuahua is dangerous when put in hands of someone who doesn't know what they are doing.

r3ccOs
03-03-2010, 11:17 AM
Originally posted by slowboy
"The attack happened four months after officers had taken a Rottweiler from the Brownings after it bit an adult family member; that dog was put down."
Seems like the family has a history of raising aggresive dogs.

So essentially in this case, someone was going to get hurt or killed, as with the way they raise their dogs, this was either inevetable or an eventuality.

I love the Rottweiler breed, and know of many great Rotties, heck pitbulls and Dobermans...
However when I do walk my lab at dogparks, I generally will take a different path to avoid any of those three breeds, especially if I see them acting relatively agressively, and with a typical Douchebag owner who usually drives a lifted 3/4 ton, wearing a "Tap-out or like t-shirt, flat brimmed cap (or douchy spiked hair) and huge oakley Oil-can like sunglasses"

In fact, I've had to teach one of these fags a lesson one time, after they gave me shit for seperating their agressive pitbull from attacking another dog.

the fag pushed me and said, don't do that again and threatened me. So I said, I'll do what's right... and turned away.

So before you know it, he pushed me again and started throwing wildly, and with just a couple slips, jabs and a hard haymaker to his face, and he walked away with his dog missing a few teeth. (his dog didn't attack or anything as it was like half a mile down the path by that point).

sometimes its not only dogs that need to have their spirits broken

Stubby
03-03-2010, 11:23 AM
Originally posted by KKY

Generally if someone says the dog is friendly.. the dog is friendly. Been brought up around people and other dogs so it has the social skills to get along with people. Its the owners that don't train the dog or don't know how to properly train the dogs and they can become dangerous. People that shelter their dogs from society and not let them come in contact puts huge amounts of stress on the dogs and when they do come in contact with people/animals they can become very energetic/playful and it can turn to aggression. Its all in the owners that don't take responsibility and generally own the dog for the sake of owning the dog and leave it at that.

I grew up with pit bulls/rottweilers/labradors and never had one issue with any of the dogs (except the lab, but was provoked). When I was born my parents owned two rotties and they still argue with everyone around them that they are the best family dog a family could have... if you put in the time and effort. If the dog is brought up right, it will have no issues with babies/children/adults/dogs... whatever it may be. but hold the dog back, neglect its energy levels and you can have consequences.

sorry about the rant

/rant

r3ccOs
03-03-2010, 11:37 AM
What I find hilarious is that all asian, middle eastern, indian, latin american, and eastern european cultures in general are Scared of "BIG" dogs. You know, the ones who see a "bigger" dog being walked and will competely move themselves to the other side of the road or freeze in absolute horror.

Where as the smaller breeds that tend to be more agressive, barky and mouthy due to their disposition and longing for dominance.

My brother's stupid "eastern european" girlfriend's pommeranian has bit her and him on more than serveral occations and never shuts up.

I'd like to punt it like a football.

You'll not run into such issues with a Newfie, Bernese Mtn dog, Pyrniese, or Irish Wolf Hound.
Then again, those who own such large breeds are probably proper dog lovers and are responsible owners.

I HATE selfish owners, who only want to have a "dog" at their convenience. What I mean, are those owners who will do the bare minimum to train, or heck even keep them alive.
Those owners who keep their dogs in a Kennel all day and night, unless "they" want to play with their dog or to let the dog out to its business.
but oooh, look at how cute this dog is, it fits in my purse just like those celebs...

Buy a cat

syeve
03-03-2010, 12:16 PM
Originally posted by r3ccOs
Where as the smaller breeds that tend to be more agressive, barky and mouthy due to their disposition and longing for dominance.

My brother's stupid "eastern european" girlfriend's pommeranian has bit her and him on more than serveral occations and never shuts up.

I'd like to punt it like a football.

You'll not run into such issues with a Newfie, Bernese Mtn dog, Pyrniese, or Irish Wolf Hound.
Then again, those who own such large breeds are probably proper dog lovers and are responsible owners.

I HATE selfish owners, who only want to have a "dog" at their convenience. What I mean, are those owners who will do the bare minimum to train, or heck even keep them alive.
Those owners who keep their dogs in a Kennel all day and night, unless "they" want to play with their dog or to let the dog out to its business.
but oooh, look at how cute this dog is, it fits in my purse just like those celebs...

Buy a cat

Not to be to internet fighty but I again, a dog is a dog...it's the OWNERS who nurture this behaviour. I voluteer at the SPCA and deal with dogs of all sizes and temperments. I DO see these issues with larger dogs all the time. I hate the fact that people think small dogs are different than large, once again, it is 100% up to the OWNER what their dogs temperment is going to be. The sweetest dog I have ever met was a 3 year old female chihuahua, and trust me, I come into contact with 100's of dogs a month.

To generalize that large dog owners are more responsible is false...look no further than the article we are all commenting on. Furthermore, go to the SPCA and take note of the size of the average dog - 90% large breed. All "wicked" dog owners :rolleyes:

copynpaste
03-03-2010, 01:57 PM
Originally posted by syeve

Not to be to internet fighty but I again, a dog is a dog...it's the OWNERS who nurture this behaviour. I voluteer at the SPCA and deal with dogs of all sizes and temperments. I DO see these issues with larger dogs all the time. I hate the fact that people think small dogs are different than large, once again, it is 100% up to the OWNER what their dogs temperment is going to be. The sweetest dog I have ever met was a 3 year old female chihuahua, and trust me, I come into contact with 100's of dogs a month.

To generalize that large dog owners are more responsible is false...look no further than the article we are all commenting on. Furthermore, go to the SPCA and take note of the size of the average dog - 90% large breed. All "wicked" dog owners :rolleyes:

I agree. I mean if the dog was a poodle or wiener dog then its fine to leave it alone with a kid, but roitwellers are perhaps the strongest breed of dog out there following the pitbull. Im guessing either the dog wasnt trained and disciplined yet or the girl did something to piss the dog off.

gretz
03-03-2010, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by copynpaste

I agree. I mean if the dog was a poodle or wiener dog then its fine to leave it alone with a kid, but roitwellers are perhaps the strongest breed of dog out there following the pitbull. Im guessing either the dog wasnt trained and disciplined yet or the girl did something to piss the dog off.

lol... a poodle or wiener dog could kill a child if it snapped:dunno: ...

Obviously the owners fault for not knowing their own dogs well enough / not being responsible

Stubby
03-03-2010, 02:37 PM
Some people are so high strung and believe every thing that they get fed from the media. They don't look into it themselves and make a judgement based on the facts that they find.

The media says to hate pitbulls.. lets hate pitbulls
The medai says to hate rottweilers.. let hate them too
same with german shepards, dobermans

even the golden retriever/labrador are slowly being hated.

The reason being is all you hear is about big dogs attacking so and so.. they only report big dog attacks because the media can feed off of it.. don't hear about shit-tsu's attacking people or an assortment of so called friendly little dogs because that just doesn't happen in todays society.

I have been nipped/bit atleast 10x more from a little dog than a bigger dog.

most of the dogs that are singled out in society.. like above.. even the poodle (giant) are ranked at the top of the list for best dogs to own/being able to train.

Reports say that rotties/retrievers/shepards/dobermans respond to the first command given 95% of the time. Yet most little dogs deemed as cute and wouldn't hurt a thing are below 30% and are some of the hardest animals to control/train.

If you read the facts and know your stuff, the best dogs to own are these so called aggressive dogs. Every dog requires attention.

People think that having big dogs around children shouldn't be allowed or are against it but condole small dogs is complete horseshit.. When owners care about their dogs and the dogs respect everyone I would hands down put my child with a bigger dog than a little dog as I know they will respond to commands better and are known to be loyal and docile family dogs.

It all comes down to the owners.. don't say that little dogs are better because you don't have to care so much about them.. when really they require more attention than the bigger ones to control their energy and to get them to understand commands given.

OWNERS OWNERS OWNERS!!!!:banghead: :banghead:

sorry about the rant again:poosie:

/rant

JAYMEZ
03-03-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Stubby
Don't blame the breed! Blame the owners:banghead: :banghead:

Any dog is capable of doing this regardless of what some people think, be it small/med/large. Some of the worst dogs I have ever encountered were the littlest shits in the world.

Owners should be sentenced for the death of their child. End of story.

RIP to the little girl

:werd: , its not the dog , its the owners.. I hate when people blame the breed!!

Supa Dexta
03-03-2010, 03:38 PM
I know a fluffy little dog that was shaking a stick back and forth in his mouth, when a small child ran up to it and got the stick in the eye, killing him.. Anything can happen, but I wouldn't immediately jump on a fluffy little dog being a killer breed!

Masked Bandit
03-03-2010, 05:10 PM
Originally posted by Mitsu3000gt
The parents should be thrown in jail IMO.

No need. The guilt that these people will have to live with for the rest of their lives knowing that they more or less are directly responsible for the death of their child in their own home is far worse than any time in jail. There is a good chance that one or both of these parents will never emotionally recover from this. Jail would just be a waste of money.

Masked Bandit
03-03-2010, 05:13 PM
Ya, it's the owner, not the dog, sure. Ya, small yappy dogs probably nip / bite as ofter or even moreso compared to the "big" dogs. The problem is that you don't usually hear about a 10 lb dog killing anyone. When one of the "big" breeds snaps regardless of reason, they have the ability to do much more damage.

Jetta-2.0
03-03-2010, 05:32 PM
They blame a dog for being too unstable, but like said before on here every dog is dangerous. I had a rotty and she got out of hand at times when I use to play with her a bit ruff and she did bite me in the back once while i was running around and her chasing me. I hit he,r when she bit me. I sat on the ground and thats when she came and sat in my lap and started to whine and lick my face and hands.

RIP for my doggy and the little girl :cry:

http://photos-h.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-sf2p/v72/147/82/507892231/n507892231_40268_7639.jpg

DayGlow
03-03-2010, 06:14 PM
the worst thing about little dogs is that owners accept behavior that is so out of line. Imagine a medium to large size dog acting like the average shiatsu

403Gemini
03-04-2010, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by DayGlow
the worst thing about little dogs is that owners accept behavior that is so out of line. Imagine a medium to large size dog acting like the average shiatsu

TELL ME ABOUT IT! My min pin has been living with my gf for the last year since I can't have pets where I live now... And everything I taught my dog is pretty much out of the window. Well, at least when I'm not around. When I come over, she listens very well... but then i get shit for disciplining her :rolleyes: