PDA

View Full Version : You can thank the Russians....and Americans. Kyoto Dead!?

Toma
12-02-2003, 08:38 AM
Well, it sounds like it might very well be! http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/3256604.stm

Now they will have to sit down and hammer out a FAIR deal.:D

Toma

legendboy
12-02-2003, 09:11 AM
Thats good news. Kyoto has already caused finantial damage especially in the west, I know that our business has been effected.

DUBBED
12-02-2003, 09:40 AM
fuck kyoto was gonna make my dad abundously rich...

he just bought the rights to a geo-thermal heating/cooling company which controls all aspects of production for western canada...

rc2002
12-02-2003, 10:18 AM
I know people who lost their jobs because of Kyoto. Oil companies froze a whole bunch of positions that they already gave contracts to once Kyoto got ratified...

Good thing Jean Chretien is getting the boot in 10 days. Even his own party members want him out. That should say something about what kind of PM he is.

4wheeldrift
12-02-2003, 06:26 PM
Goodbye and good riddance. The UN can get China and India and the other gross polluters on the planet to do something about their output and then we'll think about fixing ours.

method
12-02-2003, 06:43 PM
oh yeah, it's all about our money... not about the contribution we as a country can make, right?

selfish bastards, have a conscience.

Toma
12-02-2003, 07:56 PM
Nothing wrong with the Idea of Kyoto.... lust the year to which pollutant levels were supposed to be tailored was unfortunate... 1990 if you recall.... Just after Germany re-unified, and europe had a economic slump.... so while germany was already 27% under their quota, and most of europe close to par, they stood to make big bucks by watching our industry whither......

OR, since they already have a surplus, they could sell us the pollution "credits" and make even more $$$

Fuck em.

If they want Kyoto, change the date to 2002! Everyone should need to cut pollution by the 5 - 10 %.... that would mean the EU would actually have to reduce their pollutant output instead of sitting on their hands and laughin at us.

Idratherbsidewayz
12-03-2003, 12:27 AM
My mom lost her job because of Kyoto. And there has been maybe two positions available for her in the past 7 months. But they were in edmonton. As someone else said, the big companies decided, "Fuck building a refinery in canada, when we can cut our costs in the U.S". God i hate Chretien...

ninjak84
12-03-2003, 02:50 AM
The Kyoto Protocol was a great idea, but it needs more thought.
Everyone was so quick to hammer out a plan without actually thinking it through.