PDA

View Full Version : Alice in Wonderland 3D Imax

sexualbanana
03-04-2010, 05:02 PM
My coworker and I were talking about how Avatar is still selling out in Imax, but with the release of Alice in Wonderland in 3D, what movie will be showing come tomorrow in Imax? Any ideas?

Xtrema
03-04-2010, 05:06 PM
http://www.cineplex.com/Theatres/TheatreDetails/Scotiabank-Theatre-Chinook.aspx

Alice in Wonderland and all sold out according to their site.

But it will be available as digital 3D as well, just like Avatar.

BlackRadon
03-05-2010, 12:04 AM
this is going to be a nutty movie i think. Ill wait a few weeks for it too simmer down tho.

RickDaTuner
03-05-2010, 12:29 AM
The only reason this movie is getting any Notoriety is the Johnny Depp, Tim Robins combo...

Really though what more does a film need?

Does Calgary offer DLP showings yet, or are they still showing on film projections?

When it comes to 3D there is no comparison between DLP and Film

Godfuader
03-08-2010, 12:49 AM
It was an interesting movie. Seemed abrupt at some parts. Depp was creepy as expected. If you are heading for IMAX...head there early to get good seats otherwise it becomes a pain.

Dumbass17
03-08-2010, 07:16 PM
i saw alice in wonderland in normal 3D

i really should've just allowed myself to sleep and catch the extra Z's.

i really did not like this movie. it started off promising and then it just sucked a big back of donkey balls.

mushi_mushi
03-08-2010, 09:11 PM
I saw the movie at a regular showing without all the 3D effects. The movie was well done visually, the cast all gave pretty good performances but the movie still sort of sucked. The story was lackluster, you pretty much know where the story is going right from the get go, there's never really any wonder or anticipation. I think its a rather poor reboot of the story, and im sure there's going to be other crappy sequels that follow.

dkmlam
03-10-2010, 12:59 AM
I saw it in IMAX 3D. Not worth it! The movie itself isn't too great.

2002civic
03-22-2010, 11:04 AM
How busy is the IMAX for this now? Any need to pre-purchase tickets and wait in line for a decent seat?

sexualbanana
03-22-2010, 11:32 AM
Originally posted by RickDaTuner
The only reason this movie is getting any Notoriety is the Johnny Depp, Tim Robins combo...

Really though what more does a film need?

Does Calgary offer DLP showings yet, or are they still showing on film projections?

When it comes to 3D there is no comparison between DLP and Film

At the risk of writing this without consulting IMDB, you mean Tim Burton, right?

GOnSHO
03-22-2010, 11:57 AM
Originally posted by dkmlam
I saw it in IMAX 3D. Not worth it! The movie itself isn't too great.

very true, i didnt even really want to see it, but then thought maybe i might like it, because it looked pretty entertaining.

some parts were GREAT!! and then the rest.. not so much.

2002civic
03-22-2010, 12:59 PM
So anyone know how busy the IMAX showing has been lately?

403Gemini
03-22-2010, 04:01 PM
This movie was very much like every other 3d movie... the effects were fancy at first, but then after about 30 minutes you don't even notice it (seriously, after awhile I didn't even realize avatar was 3d lol).

Story wise... meh. Wasn't anything spectacular and I agree with whoever said they wanted to take a nap, I literally was drifting in and out for a small portion of the movie.

RickDaTuner
03-22-2010, 04:08 PM
Originally posted by sexualbanana

At the risk of writing this without consulting IMDB, you mean Tim Burton, right?

haha I do Believe

Shlade
03-22-2010, 04:57 PM
So... Many.... Stoners.. at chinook.. Its insane.. EVERYBODY is getting high for this movie just like avatar!

cycosis
03-25-2010, 04:23 AM
^and why wouldn't you? :) Was worth the cash IMO