PDA

View Full Version : Nexen??

kwjent
03-05-2010, 07:36 PM
Does anyone work for Nexen, looking for some feedback on them as a company, what they are like to work for, benefits, culture? Any input is great!

Thanks

davidI
03-05-2010, 09:26 PM
It really depends on the group you're in. It's a big building in Calgary.

Share price has been underperforming. There's the usual nepitism and promotion for being old (experienced???) rather than being talented is standard.

The company is really strong for social reponsibility and spend the money to "do the right thing" when it comes to the environment and community projects. Definitely one of the reasons I like working for them. Operations are safe and clean and that's why Nexen tends to stay out of the news.

As far as a big company goes, it's quite good. I'd still probably prefer to work for a smaller shop, but Nexen has been a great place to learn.

If you're looking to apply for a certain job, PM me and I'll coordinate to submit your resume through our internal referral program.

kayshank007
03-06-2010, 04:12 AM
Hello
Kay

997TT
03-15-2010, 09:05 AM
Its not a bad company ... depends on what your looking for and what your bringing to the table (ie new grad or experienced employee).

Compensation will be decent if you are the latter ...

They started giving out free fruit (apples/oranges/nutrigrain bars) to promote healthy living. haha.... i'm always munching on an apple it seems.

They like to do stupid shit like that to make employees happy and partake in best employer surveys etc. I'm a consultant so as long as my invoice is paid i dont give a toot .... but have some friends who are employees. Some like it but wish compensation was better ... but who doesn't :D