PDA

View Full Version : suggest some current action films

l/l/rX
03-06-2010, 06:38 PM
Perhaps its cause' I've been playing a lot of COD lately, but name me some films that have modern guns in them. Action or war, stuff like the hurt locker, the kingdom, generation kill, just pretty much anything that has modern weapons in them, kind of bored of watching WWII and Vietnam stuff now.
Not really interested in Sci-fi ie) resident evil kind of stuff etc.

thanks in advance

edit: i've tried using watch-movies.net and imdb to search for some good action flicks, but this is easier.

drtoohotty1
03-06-2010, 06:46 PM
Rambo
Black hawk down
The Rock
Three Kings
SWAT

SCHIDER23
03-06-2010, 08:40 PM
Tango & Cash ----> nice Oldie.
Die Hard with a vengeance.
Tears Of The Sun

dj_rice
03-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Boondock Saints 2: All Saints Day

Shlade
03-07-2010, 02:14 AM
One that seems REALLY GOOD is Brooklyns finest, I cannot wait to see that!

beecue
03-07-2010, 03:10 AM
The Tournament

BigMass
03-07-2010, 01:26 PM
Ronin
Heat
Black Hawk Down
The Killer
A Better Tomorrow 2
Hard Boiled

and of course:
1Iwp1d7eKbA

msommers
03-07-2010, 01:53 PM
The Hurt Locker

Unbelievable movie man.

jeffy
03-08-2010, 05:00 AM
transformers 2 if youre a military tech geek

UndrgroundRider
03-08-2010, 07:48 AM
Originally posted by dj_rice
Boondock Saints 2: All Saints Day

I was a pretty big fan of the first one, but man, Boondock Saints 2 is arguably one of the worst movies ever made. There's a reason Williem Dafoe didn't sign on. Troy Duffy is a total douchebag, and has no talent as a writer or director. I suspect the first movie was probably "cleaned up" by Miramax writers, unlike this sequel which really shows how "talented" Duffy is.

Proyecto2000
03-08-2010, 09:03 AM
Originally posted by msommers
The Hurt Locker

Unbelievable movie man.

great movie but it lacks explosions and gun fights. :D

TKRIS
03-08-2010, 09:17 AM
Originally posted by UndrgroundRider

I was a pretty big fan of the first one, but man, Boondock Saints 2 is arguably one of the worst movies ever made. There's a reason Williem Dafoe didn't sign on. Troy Duffy is a total douchebag, and has no talent as a writer or director. I suspect the first movie was probably "cleaned up" by Miramax writers, unlike this sequel which really shows how "talented" Duffy is.

As far as I'm concerned, you're probably right. I can't say for sure, because I only made it through the first 6 minutes of Boondock Saints 2 before I became so irritated that I needed to shut it off. I could just tell it was going to be a steaming pile of dogshit, and refused to allow that to sully my love of the first movie.

So watch Boondock Saints, and pretend they never made a sequel.

jonnycat
03-09-2010, 02:42 PM
Smokin' Aces. Lots of gunfights and a great .50 cal sequence
http://www.zap2it.com/media/photo/2007-01/27523201.jpg

Shoot em up .

Oh yeah, you can't go wrong with the Bourne Movies .

403Gemini
03-09-2010, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by beecue
The Tournament

Was this actually tolerable to sit through? I dont mind mindless, but I don't like bat shit stupid (Crank 2....)

BigMass
03-10-2010, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by TKRIS

As far as I'm concerned, you're probably right. I can't say for sure, because I only made it through the first 6 minutes of Boondock Saints 2 before I became so irritated that I needed to shut it off. I could just tell it was going to be a steaming pile of dogshit, and refused to allow that to sully my love of the first movie.

So watch Boondock Saints, and pretend they never made a sequel.

The best part of Boondock Saints was Dafoe and the making of documentary.

03ozwhip
03-10-2010, 09:56 AM
watched BDS2 last night. it was ALRIGHT, but waaaaay to gimmicky of the first movie....ie fights with each other right before a murder scene, the ear plugs with the broad.....its the same movie with a couple different people and weaker acting and not even close to as good as the first...if that makes any sense at all.