PDA

View Full Version : to mod a 09 sti with a cobb accessport?

calgary350z
03-07-2010, 02:54 PM
Just wondering if this would be a worthwhile upgrade with a downpipe and new exhaust? Is it noticeable enough to void my warranty and will my car still be reliable? Just thinking of doing this soon and wanted some opions as I dont know anyone personally that has had this done to their sti.

Aleks
03-07-2010, 03:54 PM
It will give you a nice boost in power for sure. But it will also void your warranty on the power train if something happens and dealer finds out.

Eride
03-07-2010, 03:59 PM
If you add the AP with the full exhaust you can expect approx 50hp and 100tq increase at the crank. More then that it smooths the power band and makes your power much more accessible. Super worth it as far as dollar per HP. Will for sure void your warranty though. I'm waiting a bit before I put mine on, had these mods on both my 04 and 07Sti though.

HiSpec
03-07-2010, 04:01 PM
I heard the AP is 'reversable' should you need to bring it in for warrenty work.

Aleks
03-07-2010, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by HiSpec
I heard the AP is 'reversable' should you need to bring it in for warrenty work.

Yeah it is. However you expose yourself to big issues with Subaru if they find out you lied.

calgary350z
03-07-2010, 09:49 PM
i new that it would for sure void my warranty but my question will it really change the car enough to make it worth while. I was also thinking just do stage 1 and not change out anything but maybe add a intake that way it is less stress on the engine. Just heard the factory tune is crap and the AP makes it more fun.

I think the car is great as is but maybe this would make amazing diffrence. Wish I could drive both back to back to see for myself

PD77
03-07-2010, 09:54 PM
For starters, you don't need an intake...it has been proven that the stock intake on the STi in plenty good for up to Stage 2, even a little more.

Stage 1 when done properly is a fantastic mod that is easy to return to stock if needed...better throttle response and a little more power go a long way.

Stage 2 is very very very worth it, if you don't care about your warranty than this is what you want to be doing to the car.

Tuner1
03-07-2010, 11:34 PM
Originally posted by calgary350z
Just wondering if this would be a worthwhile upgrade with a downpipe and new exhaust? Is it noticeable enough to void my warranty and will my car still be reliable? Just thinking of doing this soon and wanted some opions as I dont know anyone personally that has had this done to their sti.

Do it! Amazing bang-for-the-buck!

My '08 STI was Stage 2 before it hit 1000kms :D

Rob

Kittens11
03-08-2010, 01:08 AM
Do it up Kris, then take me for another ride in that beauty.

heavyD
03-08-2010, 09:37 AM
Originally posted by Aleks
It will give you a nice boost in power for sure. But it will also void your warranty on the power train if something happens and dealer finds out.

Do these cars have flash counters? If all the dealers do is keep a log on all the factory flashes and the last version loaded to the the car should be easy get around providing when you do your initial AP flash that you save the factory flash so you can reinstall the exact same program when you bring your car for servicing.