PDA

View Full Version : someone parking in my spot

calgarygts
03-08-2010, 10:22 AM
I spent the last three days snowboarding and drinking out in fernie, which makes for a very tired sunday afternoon drive back to calgary and feeling like death when I finally got back last night. To my delight I found someone parked in my underground parking spot so had to park on the street. It's ok on sunday when it doesn't cost anything but being downtown it's expensive during the week, I thought I'd be nice and wait until this morning hoping the truck would have left but no dice - I'm probably getting a ticket right now since I didn't have time to stick around and wait for a tow truck.

I wanted to do something to the truck but vandalism isn't cool, do you guys have any ideas for something that would really inconvenience the truck driver but not wreck the truck? I couldn't think of anything this morning.

I am headed back at lunch to wait for a tow truck if the dummy is still there.

300zxfairlday
03-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Just get it towed thats going to be an inconvenience, i would'nt really do anything else unless he continues to park there.

colinxx235
03-08-2010, 10:25 AM
let all of the air out of his tires??

GQBalla
03-08-2010, 10:29 AM
park your car right in front of the truck so when you get home you can speak to the owner of the truck

Trini
03-08-2010, 10:31 AM
get him towed

Tik-Tok
03-08-2010, 10:36 AM
Originally posted by Trini
get him towed

Originally posted by 300zxfairlday
Just get it towed

Get it towed.

syeve
03-08-2010, 10:39 AM
Yah, don't do anything stupid to his truck...he will know exactly who did it and obviously has access to your parkade. Did you write him a note?

JAYMEZ
03-08-2010, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla
park your car right in front of the truck so when you get home you can speak to the owner of the truck

:werd: , Ive done this before.. I would leave a note on the truck saying to call me.

Dilmah
03-08-2010, 10:45 AM
Have it towed.

revelations
03-08-2010, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by GQBalla

That might get you towed quicker than the offending vehicle.

OP, parking in DT is a hot item for people living there (I used to live right on 4th Ave) so someone talking your spot is committing a huge faux pas.

Tow now. You will have to provide proof of stall ownership however.

calgarygts
03-08-2010, 11:00 AM
Originally posted by revelations

That might get you towed quicker than the offending vehicle.

OP, parking in DT is a hot item for people living there (I used to live right on 4th Ave) so someone talking your spot is committing a huge faux pas.

Tow now. You will have to provide proof of stall ownership however.

I'm kicking myself in the butt for trying to be nice and not doing it last night. Hopefully it's still there at lunch and crossing my fingers I don't have a ticket.

g-m
03-08-2010, 11:00 AM
yea why wouldn't you get it towed? I would have a shit eating grin on my face every time I got to get someone towed from my parking spot. Having the guy show up mid-tow would be the icing.

Dave P
03-08-2010, 11:02 AM
In my old place people would park in my stall all the time. Like mentioned above, double park them and leave them a number to call. Then take your sweet ass time to move.

Masked Bandit
03-08-2010, 11:06 AM
I used to hate that when I lived places with assigned parking stalls. No sympathy from me. Instant phone call to CPA for the tow.

Cos
03-08-2010, 11:09 AM
if you block them in CPA wont tow people. Just call CPA but you will have to show proof that it is your stall and not your car.

94boosted
03-08-2010, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by syeve
Yah, don't do anything stupid to his truck...he will know exactly who did it and obviously has access to your parkade. Did you write him a note?

:werd: just get it towed