PDA

View Full Version : WTB: Popcorn Hour C200

helrazr
03-08-2010, 01:35 PM
Anyone have one for sale?

mushi_mushi
03-08-2010, 03:01 PM
Is there any reason you want the C200 specifically, as opposed to the popcorn hour a110/a200? The upcoming popbox is right around the corner too. Why not an alternative like the wdtv live? I have seen a few popcorn hours sold here, but I havnt seen anyone with a c200. Some of the reviews that ive seen actually preferred the a200, because of its smaller footprint, the interface is the same between the two units.

helrazr
03-08-2010, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by mushi_mushi
Is there any reason you want the C200 specifically, as opposed to the popcorn hour a110/a200? The upcoming popbox is right around the corner too. Why not an alternative like the wdtv live? I have seen a few popcorn hours sold here, but I havnt seen anyone with a c200. Some of the reviews that ive seen actually preferred the a200, because of its smaller footprint, the interface is the same between the two units.

Bluray drive support and pcie WLAN with the diversity antenne etc. I've tried a couple different units with the WiFi USB dongles in the location this unit needs to sit and they just don't hold up. I know it's a big unit, but this will work best for my needs. But damn maybe just a cheaptastic standalone bluray player and a popbox?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4FJeSZePGc

mushi_mushi
03-08-2010, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by helrazr

Bluray drive support and pcie WLAN with the diversity antenne etc. I've tried a couple different units with the WiFi USB dongles in the location this unit needs to sit and they just don't hold up. I know it's a big unit, but this will work best for my needs.

I see. Is there a specific reason you want to use wireless/a bluray usb drive and not a blu-ray player.

helrazr
03-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Originally posted by mushi_mushi

I see. Is there a specific reason you want to use wireless/a bluray usb drive and not a blu-ray player.

Because we have a crapton of media we stream from an MSS running a Twonky Media Server. 802.11n in the 5GHz range works perfect to the current media player I have there, an HP x280n but the HP unit doesn't support all of the native media without re-muxing etc.

I've tried a couple bluray players with the 802.11n dongles for pc streaming in that location and they suck. I actually don't care about BD-live or anything like that so a cheapo standalone player would probably suffice if this PopBox has good 802.11n reception.