PDA

View Full Version : Need some new windows

angeltr16
03-10-2010, 10:06 AM
I need some new windows. I can't hide from that bullet for another winter.

Any recomendations on who I should get some quotes from?
TIA!!

Masked Bandit
03-10-2010, 10:28 AM
I don't know much about window other than a good friend of mine had his entire house done recently with All Weather Windows and was not happy at all. Very poor workmanship by the installers. The windows themselves seem fine but he is currently withholding payment.

masoncgy
03-10-2010, 11:15 AM
Western Windows has been mentioned a few times as being a good choice for windows.

I had them come over for an estimate and I was happy with their pricing & their service up to that point, but I never went ahead with the windows, simply due to the cost and the fact I am moving away this summer.

I was able to repair, repaint & reseal my windows to get rid of the drafts, correct the sticky/worn cranks and make the windows look like new... big savings. ;)

Amysicle
03-11-2010, 07:36 PM
Greg Martineau or something is pretty good. The future in-laws had windows and doors done by them a couple of years ago and they're very happy with the work.

C_Dave45
03-11-2010, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by masoncgy
Western Windows has been mentioned a few times as being a good choice for windows.

I had them come over for an estimate and I was happy with their pricing & their service up to that point, but I never went ahead with the windows, simply due to the cost and the fact I am moving away this summer.

I was able to repair, repaint & reseal my windows to get rid of the drafts, correct the sticky/worn cranks and make the windows look like new... big savings. ;)

x2 on Western. I spent $8500 on them for my own reno, and a friend of mine who is a large renovation contractor will ONLY use them. Has been for 20 years. Definitely top notch and very good quality. The windows I got have a 25 yr warranty. gas-filled.

Dilmah
03-11-2010, 08:48 PM
I had mine done by Greg Martineau, very happy with them.

angeltr16
03-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Thanks everyone, I have a few companies coming out for some quotes.
Western Windows would only come out Mon-Fri 8-4pm so I couldn't use them, can't take time off work for windows.

ExtraSlow
03-15-2010, 11:11 AM
I'll add my +1 for western. Had then do about $10k worth of work and it was flawless.
For a purchase this big, maybe taking a half day off work is worth it?