PDA

View Full Version : Pacquiao VS Clottey

etothek
03-10-2010, 01:32 PM
No Pacquiao vs Clottey thread or poll? Guess i'll be the first to start one.

The fight is this Saturday just you people know! I know the magnitude of this fight is no where close to what the Pacquiao vs Mayweather fight would have been but it should still be an aright fight.

Pacman FTMFW!!!!

:clap:

bubbley
03-10-2010, 01:33 PM
pathetic...pacman too scared of money may!!

:thumbsdow

mushi_mushi
03-10-2010, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by bubbley

I dont think manny is scared to fight mayweather, both their camps tried to pull some kind of bs with the contracts, drug testing, gloves, weight, etc. On the bright side shane mosley and floyd are facing off. I think that could be a competitive fight because mosley is a decent boxer who also has ring intelligence and speed going for him.

signature7
03-10-2010, 01:46 PM
is there no HBO 24/7 for this bout?

J.M.
03-10-2010, 02:09 PM
^ I've been looking for the HBO 24/7 as well, but I think they replaced it with some "Road to Dallas" segment this time around.

CivicDXR
03-10-2010, 02:50 PM

:facepalm:

Mayweather is the one who imposed all sorts of unprecedented drug testing stipulations, and didn't wanna fight in Dallas. Pacquiao has never failed a drug test and at the end, its Mayweather that injects his hands with a numbing agent before fights (Xylocaine), which is considered an illegal performance enhancing drug in most states, one of them being Texas. Guess where its not illegal??? Where Mayweather wanted to have the fight instead of Dallas:

"Because everyone wants to see the big fights in Vegas..." - Floyd Mayweather Jr.

But back on topic, I can't wait to see the fight on Saturday, its not the superfight everyone wanted, but at least its something... not gonna be that easy of a fight for Pacquiao, but I think he'll still come out on top...

And for those that care, some stuff to watch if you've got time: http://boxinggroup.blogspot.com/p/videos.html

Jlude
03-10-2010, 02:59 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :banghead:

Good one... PBF won't even get past Mosley... Pacman would fuck him up.

bubbley
03-10-2010, 03:00 PM
Nobody wants it with Money May!

:angel:

etothek
03-10-2010, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by signature7
is there no HBO 24/7 for this bout?

Originally posted by J.M.
^ I've been looking for the HBO 24/7 as well, but I think they replaced it with some "Road to Dallas" segment this time around.

Here is part 1 2 3

GnvUH5May4o

j8Fys-QUuR8&feature=related

6wCxW0iqzVs&feature=related

I'm not even gonna get into a debate about Manny being scared of KFC but everybody is entitled to their own opinion.

japan_us
03-10-2010, 04:45 PM
Gotta go with my man, Pac!

jsn
03-10-2010, 04:47 PM
pathetic...money may too scared of pacman!!

FIXED.

Joel_D
03-10-2010, 05:23 PM
kewl, thanks for the HBO links :thumbsup:

Can't wait, this fight is almost sold out, definitely going to be packed with flips.

I still think this fight delivers. Pac needs to keep distance from Clottey's dirty tactics (head butt's, low blows, etc), attach the body, wear him out and go for the KO in the later rounds.

bastardchild
03-10-2010, 05:39 PM
Team Pacquiao!!

JordanEG6
03-10-2010, 11:57 PM

:rofl: Really? :bullshit:

Pacman called him out numerous times. Even complied with some of Mayweather camp's BS requests, yet, PBF still backed down.

etothek
03-11-2010, 12:58 AM

Goodness, another Mayweather nutthugger!

Back your facts up instead of giving us those pathetic one liners. Let's hear an in depth explanation why you think pacman is scared of Kentucky Floyd Mayweather and that "Nobody wants it with Money GAY"

Or you afraid you might get owned which you already have!!

jose_01
03-11-2010, 11:37 AM
Funny how a Pacman vs Clottey thread immediately turns into a discussion on "who ducked out who" regarding Flloyd and Pac. Not even going to get into the discussion on PBF's cowardice as the last thread pretty much covered it.

Clearly Pacquiao is the favorite for this fight... but anyone else think he's not done in boxing? Any other Filipinos think he's actually going to win a congressional seat and quit? He's ran before and lost HARD.

bubbley
03-11-2010, 11:40 AM
Money May...The Best There Is, The Best There Was, The Best There Ever Will Be!

:bigpimp:

JordanEG6
03-11-2010, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by jose_01
Funny how a Pacman vs Clottey thread immediately turns into a discussion on "who ducked out who" regarding Flloyd and Pac. Not even going to get into the discussion on PBF's cowardice as the last thread pretty much covered it.

Clearly Pacquiao is the favorite for this fight... but anyone else think he's not done in boxing? Any other Filipinos think he's actually going to win a congressional seat and quit? He's ran before and lost HARD.

Nope. I don't even think he should make more albums, let alone run for political office.

After this, HOPEFULLY, both PBF and Pac camps come to an agreement, fight, win and retire.

Joel_D
03-11-2010, 12:19 PM

Hello Flloyd, is that you?

Care to explain the A-side Meth theory again?
http://board.rapmusic.com/audio-emcee-hook-ups/1197050-roger-mayweather-said-pacquiao-side-meth-makes-you-bulletproof-lol.html

Seriously, I think Pacman's got one more fight in him. If not Mayweather, he'll finally complete his trilogy with Marquez @ 140lbs.

Jry_79
03-11-2010, 12:49 PM
Im a huge fan of the "OLD" Mayweather and an even bigger fan of Manny.........Pac Man is going to beat Clottey then beat the ugliness out of Floyd (if that's possible) he one fugly dude!

bubbley
03-11-2010, 12:51 PM
Pacman 3 losses
PBF 0 losses

=

PBF greatest of all time and better than pacman!

etothek
03-11-2010, 12:57 PM

LOL you sound just as gay as when Floyd senior says it LOL

Hey bubbley, how about you and I have a boxing match... whoever wins will determine who the better boxer is Pacman or Gayweather.

Sound like a challenge?

bubbley
03-11-2010, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by etothek

LOL you sound just as gay as when Floyd senior says it LOL

Hey bubbley, how about you and I have a boxing match... whoever wins will determine who the better boxer is Pacman or Floyd.

Sound like a challenge?

what are you 16 lol

etothek
03-11-2010, 12:59 PM

what are you 16 lol

Yeah I am.... why you scared a 16 yr old might whoop your ass????

bubbley
03-11-2010, 01:00 PM
Originally posted by etothek

Yeah I am.... why you scared a 16 yr old might whoop your ass????

No but it explains your flawed logic! Dumbass!

etothek
03-11-2010, 01:07 PM

Pacman 3 losses
PBF 0 losses

=

PBF greatest of all time and better than pacman!

No but it explains your flawed logic! Dumbass!

Flawed logic???? HAHAHAHAHAH :rofl:

I think we all know who the dumbass is now!

Quit owning yourself PUSSYHOLE!!

95EG6P
03-11-2010, 01:14 PM
Pacman FTW

LongCity
03-11-2010, 01:49 PM
Anyone know who produces the music at the end of the HBO Special?

LUDELVR
03-11-2010, 02:07 PM
As much as I love Pacman, Clottey is a pretty big boy and his hits are pretty devastating. Pacman has taken some shots, but not too sure if he's been hit with the punching power of Clottey.

Don't get me wrong, I'm cheering for Pacman, I just hope he is able to avoid getting clipped on the chin with a jaw crunching hit! :banghead: Clottey as well looks like he can take some heavy damage to his head and body so it'll be a test of endurance and movenment from Pacman.

JordanEG6
03-11-2010, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR
As much as I love Pacman, Clottey is a pretty big boy and his hits are pretty devastating. Pacman has taken some shots, but not too sure if he's been hit with the punching power of Clottey.

Don't get me wrong, I'm cheering for Pacman, I just hope he is able to avoid getting clipped on the chin with a jaw crunching hit! :banghead: Clottey as well looks like he can take some heavy damage to his head and body so it'll be a test of endurance and movenment from Pacman.

I agree. However, Clottey is slow. Speed always dominates in Mannys fights. De La Hoya and Diaz are a couple of examples.

mushi_mushi
03-11-2010, 02:31 PM
Floyd is a good fighter, I truly think he will fight anyone if the price is right. Hes not stupid, and although he says pac man will be an easy fight he knows its not. It wouldnt be an easy fight for manny either. Manny might have a couple of losses on his record, but to me they have zero relevance, they were long ago, and manny has faced the best of the best moving up six or seven weight classes. I dont think floyd is the best ever, I dont even think he would make a top ten list if I had one. Pac man doesnt really care who he fights but freddie roach might. I dont think anyone is ducking anyone, they just are holding out for bigger payouts and want to give each other whatever advantages they can. No doubt floyd is good, but in terms of entertainment I prefer to watch pac man, because he doesnt always box, he brawls, trades punches and puts opponents on the deck in vicious fashion.

jose_01
03-11-2010, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by LUDELVR

Clottey is actually one of the dirtiest fighters currently in welterweight division. Not saying he's a "bad guy or anything", but its just part of his boxing style. He's not as technical as the avg welter and his sloppiness leads to DQ's. Case in point: his "accidental" headbutt on Cotto that lead to his loss (points) and also in the Baldomir fight (he was actually DQ'ed in that one).

Yeah he could potentially be a harder hitter then Pacman, and yes I do think he can go the distance. But unless he knocks pac out I doubt he's got a chance. Totally think he's gonna lose if it's a points fight.

President Obama
03-11-2010, 07:01 PM
Where can I place some bets on this fight?

Pacquiao FTW

CHICHARITZHI
03-11-2010, 08:24 PM
its a short fight !

jsn
03-11-2010, 08:58 PM
Bubbley is a trolling. Stop feeding the troll. Anyone ordering this on PPV?

etothek
03-12-2010, 07:30 AM
Originally posted by jsn
Bubbley is a trolling. Stop feeding the troll. Anyone ordering this on PPV?

I know he's trolling but I figured I'd play around with him to make him feel gay, which he already is.... I'm ordering it!!! :D

Joel_D
03-12-2010, 08:55 AM
The suspicion that Clottey, a big welterweight, was still overweight was confirmed Thursday when he and his gang of four were spotted by Team Pacquiao member Roger Fernandez at the convention hall jogging wearing thermal suit for 45 minutes and then skipping ropes.

As Clottey scrambles to shed pounds, Pacquiao relaxes as he weighed 146 even after a hearty lunch of beef stew and pakbet (vegetable stew) Wednesday, according to Roger, adding that the seven-time champion in as many divisions would still eat a full meal, hours before weigh-in Friday afternoon.

This doesn't sound good for Clottey, and may drastically leave him drained. Similar to what happened with Oscar.

LUDELVR
03-12-2010, 09:52 AM
Originally posted by jose_01

Clottey is actually one of the dirtiest fighters currently in welterweight division. Not saying he's a "bad guy or anything", but its just part of his boxing style. He's not as technical as the avg welter and his sloppiness leads to DQ's. Case in point: his "accidental" headbutt on Cotto that lead to his loss (points) and also in the Baldomir fight (he was actually DQ'ed in that one).

Yeah he could potentially be a harder hitter then Pacman, and yes I do think he can go the distance. But unless he knocks pac out I doubt he's got a chance. Totally think he's gonna lose if it's a points fight.

For sure, I totally agree! I just hope that Pacman doesn't get lazy or sloppy where he'll leave himself open for a dirty (or clean) hit. He's putting on heaps of wait so I hope it doesn't affect his speed or maneuverability.

Either way, I'm totally stoked to see this fight!!

etothek
03-12-2010, 08:20 PM
Weigh ins

0dW29TbvkwM

LongCity
03-13-2010, 07:28 PM
Is the fight scheduled for 8PM?

jav_
03-13-2010, 07:33 PM

Shunsui
03-13-2010, 10:13 PM
anyone got a stream?

bastardchild
03-13-2010, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by Shunsui
anyone got a stream?

Was just gonna ask this too! :D

Anyone!?

NRGie
03-13-2010, 10:28 PM
http://atdhe.net/8921/watch-manny-pacquiao-vs-joshua-clottey

Shunsui
03-13-2010, 10:31 PM
I got one on http://www.atdhe.net/, scroll down to the first Pacquiao Vs Clottey match.

jsn
03-13-2010, 11:27 PM
clottey is giving the fight to pacquiao. He needs to step it up and take some risks....

redsrt4
03-13-2010, 11:39 PM
not his greatest fight.. thanks for the link..

redsrt4
03-13-2010, 11:40 PM
Originally posted by NRGie
http://atdhe.net/8921/watch-manny-pacquiao-vs-joshua-clottey THANKS

LongCity
03-13-2010, 11:41 PM
Pretty boring.

CivicDXR
03-14-2010, 12:01 AM
I thought it was a good fight. Not as entertaining as Pacquiaos other fights, but good. Manny could've easily got frustrated and left himself open to get hurt, but he didn't. He's getting smarter and smarter. And Clottey fights and has the same defensive style as Mayweather, so..... :D

civic_EK
03-14-2010, 12:08 AM
Originally posted by CivicDXR
I thought it was a good fight. Not as entertaining as Pacquiaos other fights, but good. Manny could've easily got frustrated and left himself open to get hurt, but he didn't. He's getting smarter and smarter. And Clottey fights and has the same defensive style as Mayweather, so..... :D

:werd:

mayweather at home --> :banghead:

bastardchild
03-14-2010, 12:58 AM
Originally posted by civic_EK

:werd:

mayweather at home --> :banghead:

Totally. Even though I respect his undefeated record, he knows Pacquiao has a huge chance in humiliating him.

JordanEG6
03-14-2010, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by CivicDXR

My thoughts exactly. But considering Pac's southpaw style and Mayweather's defensive method facing Manny's strong side, leaves more openings for more solid connections.

PBF is probably shaking in his pants right now hahaha.

IntegraG2
03-14-2010, 12:04 PM
Fight wasnt entertaining but a good display of skill, stamina and patience. PussyBoyFloyd wont stand a chance if he fights the same way. Funny how everyone rules out Mosley right away.

On a side note, I swear one of the announcers said "the/that fucker is scared" or something along those lines haha.

Joel_D
03-14-2010, 01:03 PM
Clottey was a total disappointment, you think he would rise to the occasion with a once in a life opportunity and take chances. No question about it, he was a Scared fighter. Manny did what he had too...1200+ thrown punches was crazy. I think he could have gone to 15 rounds before tiring. again, amazing foot work and blistering combinations.

I didn't like how Manny was getting caught with clean straight rights and upper cutes, but perhaps it was because manny was trying to bait Clottey into engaging him so he would open up.

Manny is pure entertainment, anyone else die laughing when Manny threw that double clap punch :poosie: and was grinning when the ref called it.

I'm slowly being convinced that Manny may have a chance to beat mayweather.
Pacquiao punch output and accuracy will win him rounds and Floyd doesn't posses the power to ko manny. However, floyd is very slick, the best defensive fighter, and possibly quicker then manny?

CHICHARITZHI
03-14-2010, 01:24 PM
it was training fight and Clottey looks like a punching bag of manny..:D

CKY
03-14-2010, 06:39 PM
Punch stats for the fight (http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/view.php?pg=manny-pacquiao-joshua-clottey-compubox)

IMO a good warmup for Manny to fight Mayweather, except pretty boy has: faster hands, better counters, better defense.

DENZILDON
03-14-2010, 06:45 PM
Double punch and the announcer's BANG, BANG, BANG! You want to try to punch? BANG! BANG! :D

pf0sh0
03-14-2010, 07:07 PM
Originally posted by DENZILDON
Double punch and the announcer's BANG, BANG, BANG! You want to try to punch? BANG! BANG! :D

That was so annoying lol.

I thought the fight was boring. Seemedl ike it was almost rigged for pacquaio!:poosie: (although I was rooting for him anyway!)

signature7
03-14-2010, 07:20 PM
The "BANG BANG" part was hilarious and weird at the same time, especially when the other announcers tried to talk.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p88/signature7/cactusjack_posed.jpg

I thought the announcer asking the questions at the end was weird too... Pacman was great as always, hope he has at least one more fight in him before he hangs em up.

KandabashiDevil
03-15-2010, 10:39 PM
Manny was great, and Clottey didn't perform.
I didn't think for one second Clottey would win. This fight only affirmed that Pacman & Money are the only challenges left for each other. I would sell body parts to see it happen.

Still ... drawing parallels to Floyd won't be accurate. Nobody can make assumptions out of this. The only thing to settle the debate is a fight between the two. If you compare them against each other by the numbers, Manny is a loser and Floyd is undefeated.
Of course Floyd is scared. Manny is his greatest challenge. Pacquiao isn't scared because he has no perfect record to defend. Nothing to lose, everything to gain.

LongCity
03-15-2010, 10:48 PM
Everyone is counting Shane Mosely haha. I think he has answers for both these guys. Would he win for sure? No. But he has a not-so-bad chance of winning, I'd say.