PDA

View Full Version : Coco Brooks Foothills Now OPEN!!

TDFTW
03-11-2010, 01:46 PM
I'm very good friends with the owner of Coco Brooks and he informed me they were open today. I just wanted to let you know as I sit here typing this I am enjoying one of the tastiest filling Steak & Mushroom Calzones I have EVER eaten.

The restaurant and warehouse/office space has been under development for over a year and now they are finally open to serve customers, so come on in and try them out! You'll quite enjoy the food.

By the way, if you don't know what to get I recommend the steak and mushroom calzone or the ranch chicken, both pretty deadly selections!

scat19
03-11-2010, 03:01 PM
Watch out, you mentioned "friends" with the owner, you could be docked another 1% for advertising.... :poosie:

QuasarCav
03-11-2010, 03:05 PM
That place kind of creeped me out with all of the Jesus talk on the pizza boxes.

Neil4Speed
03-11-2010, 03:05 PM
Love Coco Brooks, great pizza.

2Valve0
03-11-2010, 03:08 PM
Why do people like this pizza? I can make better stuff at home?
Their dough is horrible and soggy

syeve
03-11-2010, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by TDFTW
I'm very good friends with the owner of Coco Brooks

I eat there once a week at least in the NE and I love the zaa...but please...ask him to lay off the religious crap.

Stories - ok

Religious garble - annoying.

TDFTW
03-11-2010, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by syeve

I eat there once a week at least in the NE and I love the zaa...but please...ask him to lay off the religious crap.

Stories - ok

Religious garble - annoying. I do agree with you there on the god preaching and how it's overdone, however many suggestions brought to his attention by myself and others have fallen on deaf ears.

It's okay to have a small quote or a small story but I do not like the box covered in it's entirety either, oh well. I just look around or at the tv when i eat. He doesn't have his religious things all over anything but the box

2Valve0
03-11-2010, 04:10 PM
Do we get a beyond discount now that you are advertising? :dunno:

bubbley
03-11-2010, 04:13 PM
Big Al's FTW!

TDFTW
03-11-2010, 04:27 PM
Originally posted by 2Valve0
Do we get a beyond discount now that you are advertising? :dunno: I'm not advertising.

How is this any different than lets say, somebody giving a restaurant a review, or telling people a new tim hortons is open.

It's not. So don't even start with me pal.

The_Rural_Juror
03-11-2010, 04:37 PM
What's the address?

TDFTW
03-11-2010, 04:48 PM
Originally posted by The_Rural_Juror
What's the address? It's on the corner of 50th and 52nd se. Right beside co-op gas station.

TomcoPDR
03-12-2010, 12:22 AM
I'm very good friends with the owner of Coco Brooks and he informed me they were open today. I just wanted to let you know as I sit here typing this I am enjoying one of the tastiest filling Steak & Mushroom Calzones I have EVER eaten.

The restaurant and warehouse/office space has been under development for over a year and now they are finally open to serve customers, so come on in and try them out! You'll quite enjoy the food.

By the way, if you don't know what to get I recommend the steak and mushroom calzone or the ranch chicken, both pretty deadly selections!

Haven't seen Richard in years... so 3 locations now? Yea thinking about it, Kendrix was telling me about this.

HyperZell
03-15-2010, 10:44 AM
TDFTW, if you speak to your buddy again, you should probably tell him to update the website with the new location ASAP and make a big deal about it.

masoncgy
03-15-2010, 10:54 AM
Coco Brooks is awesome... their Louisana Chicken pizza is one of my favorite things to eat... so f'n good!

It doesn't help that their south location (Blackfoot/42 Ave SE) is a few steps from my shop... ugh... I eat there far too often!

A790
03-15-2010, 10:55 AM
I don't eat their due to the religious propaganda. As soon as those boxes go away I'd probably start ordering from there.

Cos
03-15-2010, 10:57 AM
Originally posted by masoncgy
Coco Brooks is awesome... their Louisana Chicken pizza is one of my favorite things to eat... so f'n good!

It doesn't help that their south location (Blackfoot/42 Ave SE) is a few steps from my shop... ugh... I eat there far too often!

Where is your shop? My office is in the business park to the north.

+1 for getting rid of the religious stuff.

+1 for great food. Hotwing, Big Al's, and Mile High FTW

masoncgy
03-15-2010, 11:21 AM
In the Manchester Business Centre (brown complex), so I'm just down the hill from the Coco Brooks... takes 60 seconds to walk there... lol...

black300
03-15-2010, 11:28 AM
Grand opening sale/deals?:dunno:

n1zm0
03-15-2010, 11:56 AM
:drool: egg and bacon/san pedro egg/hot wing

used to eat at the north location when i went to SAIT aero almost every week, almost managed to try every type of pizza and calzone on the menu there

but the blackfoot location is closer than this new one for me, OP tell your friend to open one up in Southtrail crossing near mckenzie!

e31
03-15-2010, 11:59 AM
No thanks. I can ignore the propaganda print on the box, but I don't understand how people continually rave about the stuff.

The first time I tried Coco's pizza, it screamed Chartwells (shitty campus food). At least it was cooked. Would not recommend.

revelations
03-15-2010, 12:33 PM
I dont get the people who have a problem with whats printed on the boxes. You dont have to read it :dunno:

But the pizza....:drool:

Just read the nutritional guide though, some of these Pizzas have like 500% of the daily recommended sodium....still :drool:

A790
03-15-2010, 01:16 PM
Originally posted by revelations
I dont get the people who have a problem with whats printed on the boxes. You dont have to read it :dunno:
Fair enough, but I don't appreciate having propganda spewed my way involuntarily. It's like when people give me a lecture about aspartame when I order a diet coke. It pisses me right off.

mazdavirgin
03-15-2010, 01:36 PM
Originally posted by A790

Fair enough, but I don't appreciate having propganda spewed my way involuntarily. It's like when people give me a lecture about aspartame when I order a diet coke. It pisses me right off.

That's fine but it is also the owners right to put whatever he wants on the boxes. Clearly the owner believes in his cause which in this case is the Christian religion. He can be applauded for standing up for his principles and not taking the easy road(How many business would back down at the first sign of opposition with our political correctness gone bad). If anyone doesn't like the product or what he writes on it well as A790 does you don't have to buy it.

A790
03-15-2010, 02:34 PM
Originally posted by mazdavirgin

That's fine but it is also the owners right to put whatever he wants on the boxes. Clearly the owner believes in his cause which in this case is the Christian religion. He can be applauded for standing up for his principles and not taking the easy road(How many business would back down at the first sign of opposition with our political correctness gone bad). If anyone doesn't like the product or what he writes on it well as A790 does you don't have to buy it.
See, I don't disagree with you at all. As you said, I don't have to buy it, and I don't. I refrain from conducting business with establishments that follow similar ideals, as I don't agree with their desire to "spread the message" (so to speak), and I don't financially support them. That doesn't mean that they aren't well within their rights to do so.

03ozwhip
03-15-2010, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by Cos

Where is your shop? My office is in the business park to the north.

+1 for getting rid of the religious stuff.

+1 for great food. Hotwing, Big Al's, and Mile High FTW

:werd: fuckin up! havent been there in a while and now i want some hot wing!

thetransporter
03-15-2010, 03:06 PM
i love the boxes!!

QuasarCav
03-15-2010, 03:19 PM
Originally posted by thetransporter
i love the boxes!!

You a fan of Jesus?

lelalong
03-15-2010, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by A790

See, I don't disagree with you at all. As you said, I don't have to buy it, and I don't. I refrain from conducting business with establishments that follow similar ideals, as I don't agree with their desire to "spread the message" (so to speak), and I don't financially support them. That doesn't mean that they aren't well within their rights to do so.

My co-worker has the same belief and boycotts them on that basis as well. I like the pizza but I don't read too much into their beliefs. When I refer to that pizza as "God-pizza" everyone knows what I'm talking about. The pizza is full of tasty win!

SCHIDER23
03-17-2010, 08:22 AM
A790 do what we do, here at the office when we ordered pizza from COCO, we usually have plates waiting so only one of us has to actually look at the boxes LOL, we take turns on who is going to do it and you are good to go.:thumbsup:

scat19
03-17-2010, 10:59 AM
Yeah he can do what he wants.

Do I support it and will I buy it? No.

I don't want that religous shit shoved down my throat.

barmanjay
03-17-2010, 11:26 AM
If you don't like the boxes,.. then buy them frozen and cook them at home :D

They only serve them in boxes if you are dining in.

I do like the stories, something to read while you eat.

edit: I am not a church goer

I neither believe nor dis-believe in a 'higher being'

I believe in myself.

nonlinear
03-17-2010, 06:34 PM
i believe in evidence, of which there is absolutely none to suggest the existence of a 'higher power.' that said, i still eat the pizza. heh.

Cos
03-18-2010, 07:15 AM
Everytime I saw this thread get bumped to the top I thought of Coco Brooks. Ended up getting a Big Al's yesterday.

Not going to lie, was really disappointed. No cheese on 1/3 of the pizza, meat was burnt to shit.

:(

TDFTW
03-22-2010, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by Cos
Everytime I saw this thread get bumped to the top I thought of Coco Brooks. Ended up getting a Big Al's yesterday.

Not going to lie, was really disappointed. No cheese on 1/3 of the pizza, meat was burnt to shit.

:( Which location did you go to? There have been alot of problems with the northeast location on 32nd ave. They are currently working on them. If you make a complaint with one of the supervisors/managers (I can get you an email if you like or a phone number) they will probably reimburse you or offer you a free pizza coupon.

2Valve0
03-24-2010, 01:08 AM
Originally posted by Cos

:(

This has been my experience everytime I have gone there. I really could care less about the boxes, the guy wants to preach, let him spread his word, I talk on my crackberry. I just honestly think it is one of the worst pizzas in town. The crust and dough is horrible, and cheese isn't to great. I would honestly order pizza 73 and I don't even like it there.
On a side note, I did have Canadian Pizza Unlimited on saturday after flames central at like 3 in the morning, and I must say it was quite good

EvolizePhoto
03-24-2010, 01:14 AM
So their north store has been hit with shotty employees.

If anybody has a complaint, PLEASE CONTACT Richard.

[email protected]

That is his email, he reads them everyday. He values your input, nothing can be changed unless he knows about it. I used to work for this guy, I know how big of a stiffler he is on providing the best to us all.

If you don't get a reply from your complaint, PM me and I will make sure he sees it.

Cos
03-24-2010, 07:18 AM
Which location did you go to? There have been alot of problems with the northeast location on 32nd ave. They are currently working on them. If you make a complaint with one of the supervisors/managers (I can get you an email if you like or a phone number) they will probably reimburse you or offer you a free pizza coupon.

It is the one on blackfoot beside my work. I dont need the free pizza or make a big stink out of it.

By the time we got back to the office and I openend it was when I noticed it.

01RedDX
03-24-2010, 05:21 PM

syeve
03-25-2010, 09:16 AM
Originally posted by 01RedDX
A few months ago I was at the NE location but I don't remember seeing religious messages on the box, just little facts and proverbs and things.

Did you order the Cheesus Crust?

Some of the boxes have cool little stories, with a very slight religious overtone. Not a big deal. Some of the ones I have read lately are very religious. Like, praise-be-to-jesus style.

It really is harmless but I would rather read about dark matter on my pizza box.

masoncgy
03-25-2010, 11:38 AM
I hope my pizza from the Blackfoot location is the usual quality today... I'm hungry and I haven't had it in awhile.

Meh... I rub any excess grease all over the inside of the box anyway... there's no illustrations, therefore I have no interest in the stories. lol