PDA

View Full Version : Custom Trunk Installation - Calgary

JoeyJoJoJunior
03-12-2010, 12:07 AM
I am hoping that some of you guys can point me in the right direction of someone in CALGARY that might feel like taking on a job that I need done.

First off:
----------
I am looking for someone to build a complete custom trunk, false floor etc, to house stereo components, a single 10" subwoofer, as well as other electronics and devices in my R32 Skyline. I simply want everything covered and braced (all out of site and secured), so that afterwards, I can still use the trunk for 'grocery getting' etc (even a small portion.....leftover cargo capacity not important, as long as there atleast is some) without worrying about wrecking shit or ripping wiring out of place.

What needs to be housed:
----------------------------
- 5 Channel Audio Amplifier.
- 10" Kicker Solobaric L5 (square) Subwoofer (needs custom enclosure to integrate into main installation).
- Main Battery Relocation (with accessibility panel).
- Multiple 0/4/8 gauge distro power/ground blocks & breakers (with accessibility panels).
- 3 Audio Processors (EQ, Xover, DSP).
- Kenne Bell Boost-A-Pump, Fuel Pump Controller.
- Kenne Bell Boost-A-Spark, Ignition Controller.
- AEM Methanol Injection Tank & Misc.
- 2 Tank/Stage Fire Suppression System.
- Accessibility panel for Stock Fuel Pump Location.

That's all I can think of for now.......but I don't think there will be much more.
The setup will be permanent and does not need to be removeable for 'track days' or anything like that.
If space becomes a majour limitation, I will consider having my rear seat back modified into a fold-down, so that I can house some of the electrical components there, that don't require access to on a regular bassis, as no one will ever sit back there.

I already have everything ready to go, with the exception of the Fire System and AEM Meth System, as I will purchase them after consulting with the builder and after being advised on space limitations, so I can purchase suitable tank sizes for each.

The spare tire will be removed from the trunk and continue to be stored (along with jack etc) behind one of the front seats, under a custom upholstery cover, as the rear seat will never be used and will be a gratuitous interior filler at best, to keep the car looking complete.

I would actually prefer to have this done by someone working out of their garage at home or even a small shop, rather than taking it into a large shop, believe it or not. A more 'personal' experience I guess.

I will provide the car wired with 0 gauge front to rear as well as having the battery relocation completed before hand. I will also have all audio interconnects ran and labelled, dropped into the trunk, along with any other wiring or lines that originate from either the interior or under the hood, that need to end up there.

The work I need done will be limited to the TRUNK SPACE ONLY and nowhere else in the car. It would however be a BONUS to be able to find someone who could also integrate an alarm system into the mix at the same time, but that can be further discussed once I actually find someone willing to do the initial job.

The cost is not really a concern, as much as having a decent job done. The car will never be a show car or anything of that nature, simply a nicely built daily driver, so I am not looking for perfection......just accuracy I guess.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a person who might be up for doing a job like this ? .....or, if you are THAT person, feel free to contact me directly and we can chat.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the long 'novel' post....lol

Myself and the car are in SE Calgary (Sundance) and I would prefer to keep it as close to home as possible.

Allan
[email protected]

JordanAndrew
03-12-2010, 12:11 AM
contact wrxer1, he does custom installs on the side. He's done work for me and a few other beyond members as well in the past.

JoeyJoJoJunior
03-12-2010, 12:13 AM
Thanks for the info!
I will shoot him a PM right now.
Allan

JordanAndrew
03-12-2010, 12:13 AM
here's a link but it hasn't been updated since 2007.

http://forums.beyond.ca/showthread.php?s=&threadid=164785&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=1

03ozwhip
03-12-2010, 07:57 AM
^^^jeff did work for me too, but he doesnt do it anymore. he was just doing it for some extra cash before he went back to school. jojo you might want to look somewhere else bro, i know there are alot of other good custom installers on here, they just need to chime in.

i could do some of it but ive never done some of the stuff youre looking to do so i dont know what to expect or if ill be able to do it all as i actually have no idea what some of that shit is lol

AllGoNoShow
03-12-2010, 09:48 AM
Mobile Solutions Calgary, in the foothills industrial park so not far from you and they do excellent work, check them out!

wrxer1
03-12-2010, 11:53 AM
Hey Guys, just wanted to let everyone know I am not doing installs anymore.
That being said, I'm still building some great sub boxes for lots of beyond members. The custom Kicker L5/L7 boxes being my niche.
Also, I still can get some amazing discounts at Visions.

Same as always, PM me

old man audio
03-29-2010, 09:08 AM
Did you get your car up and running yet ?

Graham_A_M
03-29-2010, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by wrxer1
Hey Guys, just wanted to let everyone know I am not doing installs anymore.
That being said, I'm still building some great sub boxes for lots of beyond members. The custom Kicker L5/L7 boxes being my niche.
Also, I still can get some amazing discounts at Visions.

Same as always, PM me

Is it just car audio related stuff? I want a PS3 & Assassins Creed 2. Whats the best deal you can get me on both? ( Ans yes I'll give you a commission obviously. :)

futurecivic
03-29-2010, 06:58 PM
visions doesnt sell ps3 or games

Graham_A_M
03-29-2010, 07:26 PM
^ Frick, I never go there so I wouldn't know for certain. Probably future shop I was thinking of. :dunno: