PDA

View Full Version : Realty Reality Check - Remax City View

barmanjay
03-12-2010, 05:52 PM
This is from an email newsletter I've received an hour ago.

If there are any beyonders or beyonders that have family and friends dealing with this brokerage,.. please get in touch with your/their realtor to discuss how to continue your/their services.

RE/MAX City View has closed its doors. Unfortunately, at this time neither the broker nor owners are communicating with the Calgary Real Estate Board (CREB®), or the Real Estate Council of Alberta (RECA). In turn, both RECA and CREB® have suspended their brokerage and broker, *** ****'* authorizations. RECA has also frozen their trust account. Lack of communication between CREB® and the brokerage is the worst case scenario

I'm glad I don't have any current dealings with them

TomcoPDR
03-12-2010, 05:56 PM
Explain in layman's terms???

Like they shutting their listings from public/industry views? And only viewable by "ReMax" internal? (is that what it means?)

barmanjay
03-12-2010, 06:10 PM
Something not good was happening at the brokerage and CREB/RECA was not informed - they had their trust accounts frozen aswell

I've haven't seen this happen with a high profile company lately.

afaik: everything gets suspended, including listings and current deals in progress

I think 40 realtors are currently out of work unless they can somehow switch brokerages (but that needs current broker authorization, in which I assume they aren't talking with anyone)

extm88
03-12-2010, 09:27 PM
Old news now.... :hijack:

extm88
03-12-2010, 09:31 PM
Don't let "Remax" startle you.
There are several Remax brokerages in the city. The best exampled I can come up with is 1 ford dealership is caught doing something wrong. Doesnt mean they all are.
Might just be a bit tougher for the remax agents to explain being "Canadas favorite agent" lol.

Wrinkly
03-12-2010, 09:35 PM
http://www.remaxcityview.ca/contact.html

Their web site is still functioning though :dunno:

anothers10
03-12-2010, 09:53 PM
http://www.reca.ca/industry/content/publications-resources/news-releases/2010/10-01-27-Amanjot-Brar.html

Masked Bandit
03-15-2010, 08:23 AM
Hmmm. I don't know how tight it is in Real Estate or for Mortgage Brokers but for an Insurance Broker to get their license suspended you have get caught doing some pretty crooked shit. Like, "we've called the police" kind of crooked shit. I've only seen it happen once in 10 years.

bg_27
03-15-2010, 08:04 PM
Happens a lot more than that, RECA posts all agents (mortgage and Real estate) who they suspend, etc.:

http://www.reca.ca/industry/content/publications-resources/news-releases/2009/news-releases-2009.html

http://www.reca.ca/industry/content/publications-resources/news-releases.htm

barmanjay
03-15-2010, 10:42 PM
not often you see a larger RE brokerage shut down though

extm88
03-15-2010, 11:20 PM
^^poster was talking about the link a few up. Just recently several members were suspended. I believe over half of them already got their license back. It doesnt take much to be suspended in real estate. If you break any rule you could be subject to suspension.

Nigel Mansell
03-16-2010, 06:17 AM
Typical behavior from scumbag real estate agents. One step below used car salesmen.

ExtraSlow
03-16-2010, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Nigel Mansell
Typical behavior from scumbag real estate agents. One step below used car salesmen.
I feel just the opposite. Used car salesmen can get away with a lot of shady stuff and they don't get suspended. These realtors can be suspended for relatively minor infractions.
I think that proves that realtors are held to a higher standard.

Cos
03-16-2010, 07:07 AM
Originally posted by ExtraSlow

I feel just the opposite. Used car salesmen can get away with a lot of shady stuff and they don't get suspended. These realtors can be suspended for relatively minor infractions.
I think that proves that realtors are held to a higher standard.

+1

Anymore news on what happened here?

barmanjay
03-16-2010, 11:57 AM
Looks like "Amy" Brar also owned Dominion Lending Centres - Financial Wellness, a mortgage company that has been shut down too.

Still no info on what he/she did

But this is the definitions the licenses were suspended/removed under the Real Estate Act

38 In addition to the circumstances under which a licence may be suspended or cancelled under the Act, the executive director may suspend or cancel a licence of any industry member for any of the following reasons:
(a) when, subsequent to issuing the licence, the executive director receives notice or information that, in the executive director's opinion, establishes the applicant provided false or misleading information to the executive director in the process of applying for a licence;
(b) when, subsequent to issuing the licence, the industry member fails to provide notice or information to the executive director pursuant to these Rules;

(h) when the industry member fails to comply with any request for information made by the executive director or the Council or to reply in a constructive way to correspondence from the executive director or the Council;