PDA

View Full Version : How Hard Is It To Stop a Prius?

trev0006
03-13-2010, 03:01 PM
How Hard Is It To Stop a Prius (http://www.dpccars.com/car-videos-10/03-14-10page-How-Hard-Is-It-To-Stop-a-Prius.htm)?

Well its not hard at all, the media has turned this into a big deal which in the video it shows stopping it is a no brainer.

se7en
03-13-2010, 11:00 PM
whoa....you actually posted some text...I thought you were a bot

v2kai
03-13-2010, 11:24 PM
i heard you cant put the car into neutral when it malfunctions....:dunno:

Travel_Dude
03-14-2010, 12:03 AM
I think the point here is that accelerators shouldn't get stuck....not how to get out of the "situation".

MtYurmom
03-19-2010, 03:56 AM
Originally posted by Travel_Dude
I think the point here is that accelerators shouldn't get stuck....not how to get out of the "situation".

My thoughts exactly. I could probably understand if it were say... O.k. i cant come up with anything simply because throttles shouldn't get stuck. People didn't have these things long before they started doing this, where was the companies road testing? How long did they test the car? 50 miles?

Wrinkly
03-19-2010, 09:22 AM
I think a bigger concern is that people have to be 'spoon fed' how to deal with this!

ANYONE who's behind the wheel of a vehicle and can't figure out how to handle it shouldn't be on the road - it's common sense!

:banghead:

No - accelerators 'shouldn't get stuck', but cars are machines, they're gonna have issues and break down. Shit happens.