PDA

View Full Version : Special 15" Sub?

amedion
12-03-2003, 09:36 AM
i bought 1 amp so called besttek ( hell, i dun even know what kinda brand is tat) with 200wx2channel & 15" sub..
problem is whenever i increase the volume, my sub end up making strange bass... lower the volume and i dun get enough oommp (bass) i need..
i tried on my fren's 600w and still gettin' the strange oommp.. it's like boo boo boo .. (booing me) :(
Maybe i'm still new to sets the amp... (gain)..

amedion
12-03-2003, 09:38 AM
by the way, my 15" sub don't hav any problem at all..
i'm trying to tell tat my sub in perfect condition..

Weapon_R
12-03-2003, 12:47 PM
What kind of sub? How old is it? Sounds like it's blown.

npham
12-03-2003, 11:08 PM
probably blown, or at least one VC is....does it smell? Check or loose tinsel leads.

sxtasy
12-03-2003, 11:14 PM
sounds like a bad connection somewhere if you are getting extra bass sounds. Check the wiring on the deck, make sure everything is properly wired.

amedion
12-06-2003, 10:17 AM
no the sub is not blown.. as far as i know.. there's certain places that have the bass loudness.. i mean somewhere near the steering and of course near the sub box.. from where i sit.. i can't hear the bass loudness.. damn.. guess i must change the box..
anyway, there's 3 things tat i can adjust from the amp.. bass, treble and volume.. i maxed out the volume and turn off the bass and treble.. is tat the right setting?
i don't think there's any problem wit the wiring and stuff...

Weapon_R
12-06-2003, 04:30 PM
The amp does not have anything to do with it. What you are probably hearing is distortion from your sub, as it only happens when you are turning it up. Again, it sounds like your sub is on the way out.