PDA

View Full Version : Tomahawk Shif Knob

Mr.Touchdown
12-03-2003, 10:02 AM
alright i feel abit of an ass asking for help on this but im new to the whole car seen lol Anyway i have a 2001 Honda Prelude SE and the old shift knob i have was a screw off type. I bought one the other day and it is a MOMO Tomahawk shif knob and i have no clue how to put it on becuase it is not a screw on type. It has the shift knob itself and little screws and rubber things that i assume go on the stick i read the instructions but im still not sure can someone help me please?

bigboom
12-03-2003, 10:23 AM
all you gotta do is first find the rubber adapter that fits on to your stock shifter and put that on. then put the knob on and use those tiny screws and screw them into the shaft of the shifter, its almsot like drilling a hole into it but not really.

Mr.Touchdown
12-03-2003, 10:26 AM
but the problem is that if i do that the shift knob will be all the way at the top and look gay. i think the little screws go into the rubber some how. i think i might just go back to speedtech and ask them.

pulse_crx
12-03-2003, 05:14 PM
No, BigBoom is correct. It might just be the shift knob that is making it look like it sits high. If you dont want it like that, get a short shifter.

bigboom
12-03-2003, 06:16 PM
the shifter you have is a tall handle type to start, it wil make it look higher, maybe go to a knob type if you want it to look shorter.

the screws do not go into the rubber.

Mr.Touchdown
12-04-2003, 04:24 PM
well mine is a sport tronic shifter does that make a differance?

bigboom
12-04-2003, 06:29 PM
no there is only one way the knob will stay and thats if you screw it into the shifter itself