PDA

View Full Version : How often do you change your air intake filter?

KRZY403
03-14-2010, 12:59 AM
I haven't changed my filter ever since I put my sri in 2 years ago. Do you guys think its way past overdue for a new one?

I heard that it filters out the dirt/dust better the dirtier it is or something like that. It wouldn't harm anything would it?

Deetz
03-14-2010, 01:09 AM
Depends on many different things...

- how often you drive
- where you drive, dusty, wet conditions...ect
- do you have a cleanable filter?

I like to hold the filter up to the sun and see if i can see light through it...if you can't eith get a new one, or clean it if it's a k&n style

ShermanEF9
03-14-2010, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by Deetz
Depends on many different things...

- how often you drive
- where you drive, dusty, wet conditions...ect
- do you have a cleanable filter?

I like to hold the filter up to the sun and see if i can see light through it...if you can't eith get a new one, or clean it if it's a k&n style

maxomilll
03-14-2010, 01:56 AM
the dirty it gets is not going to help performance. most likely just gunna make it harder for the car to breath. then if any moister gets in there your gunna have dirty ass gritty water in your engine. clean your air filter.

KRZY403
03-14-2010, 02:28 AM
Ya I guess I should prob change it then. It's pretty dusty under the hood. These filters are pretty expensive. I remember calling around about a few months ago and speedtech quoted me $68 for a new filter. FML

A2VR6
03-14-2010, 08:24 AM
If it's just a straight foam filter you could aways wash it out to get all the dirt out and douse it with foam filter oil and it will be as good as new.

When i had my ARC intake it had a foam filter and i cleaned it out every year.

Unknown303
03-14-2010, 08:39 AM
Mine usually gets changed out in under a year ever time.