PDA

View Full Version : What springs to get for mr2? coments

LaughingTiger
08-29-2002, 07:57 PM
Can anyone help me decide what springs to get? I need
some sujestions . I have a 91 toyota MR2, I heard coilovers
damage the suspension, and the dampers for toyota are
over $2,000. I was leaning toward eibach springs, and I don,t know if TRD is worth the extra $$$. Intrax make some but alot
of the honda compatible brands don't make for mr2.
I only drive for one season, so 1.5 + drop is o.k I have a P.O.S.
for winter.
And what do those camber kits cost I want to keep my tires
for more than two months?

Thanx for taking time to read this..

James
08-29-2002, 10:29 PM
You should check out www.mr2.com, then scroll down a bit and there is a link for the MR2 forums. There should be tons of info on that site about anything you could ever possibly want to know about your MR2, hope that helps.:thumbsup:

Redlyne_mr2
08-30-2002, 10:15 AM
Originally posted by LaughingTiger
Can anyone help me decide what springs to get? I need
some sujestions . I have a 91 toyota MR2, I heard coilovers
damage the suspension, and the dampers for toyota are
over $2,000. I was leaning toward eibach springs, and I don,t know if TRD is worth the extra $$$. Intrax make some but alot
of the honda compatible brands don't make for mr2.
for winter.
And what do those camber kits cost I want to keep my tires
for more than two months?

Thanx for taking time to read this..
Laughing tiger..whoever told you coilovers damage the suspension isn't using real coilovers. True coilovers replace the entire spring and strut assembly so its nothing but an improvement over the stock setup. However a true coilover setup is about 2 g's and accordign to your post this isnt what you are looking for. Stay away from the TRD"S all they are are rebadged eibachs with an extra 200 dollars added to the price tag. The intrax ones arent too bad but I opted to go with the Teins, they brought my car down really nicely and in my opinion are the best springs out there for the mr2, they arent expensive either, I will be sellign mine cheap next spring if you want to wait but if you want a set new pm me, I can hook you up. A camber kit is also not necessary for your car..just take it to a toyota dealership with an allignment rack and have them do an alignment, they'll be able to get it right back to your factory specs..hope this helps...by the way what color is your 2?

LaughingTiger
09-01-2002, 12:03 AM
Thanks for the info redlyne, I actually might be interested next
spring about your springs. I'm parking my black 2 because of
the harsh winter and, I've invested in a j-spec 93 mr2 3sgte
engine, which is going in around Nov/Dec .I've researched it to have advantages over the North American MR2. A 93 gen has about 241 hp and 220 TQ . I'm grabbing it for very cheap from a japan right off. So all my $$$ is in that. Give me an e-mail when
your ready to sell your springs, I should have more $$$ by then.

[email protected]

Thanks

see you on the street....:guns:

frenchdriver
09-01-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by LaughingTiger
for winter.

What do you do with your car during winter? Do you store it or leave it outside?

I have been thinking of getting a winter beater but I don't know what to get or what to do with my car.

LaughingTiger
09-02-2002, 12:52 AM
Frenchdriver...

I happened to find a 86 toyota camary in very good shape threw

a friend for only $200, I will probabley pay more on gas and

insurance every month then I payed for the car! but It cuts my

costs from driving my MR2 in half , plus you know how bad winter

f**ks your car. You can find beaters anywhere, you just have to

look. There are lots in the paper, and $3000 under auto trader,

but I think just ask around, you will probably find someone who

needs money fast and will cut you a deal. For winter I'm just

buying a car cover. and parking it on the street. You can rent

storage garages for about $100-$150 per month, but why not

save the extra money for your car in spring.

Anyways hope I gave you an idea (?)

shadowz
09-02-2002, 04:32 AM
Would go with Apex coilovers, its totally worth the money I think it has 21 way adjustable dampening and youre gonna need shocks eventually so why not buy the true coilover and have an advantage right off the bat, its not like buy a spring and say konis after isnt that good, but if I were to buy a suspension setup I would get the full coilover anyday

Redlyne_mr2
09-04-2002, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by shadowz
Would go with Apex coilovers, its totally worth the money I think it has 21 way adjustable dampening and youre gonna need shocks eventually so why not buy the true coilover and have an advantage right off the bat, its not like buy a spring and say konis after isnt that good, but if I were to buy a suspension setup I would get the full coilover anyday
ya liek shadows said the springs are going to trash your struts fast..might as well save this winter for a set of coilovers..I personnally think the teisn are by far the best bang for your buck..aroun 1800, awesome to hear that you;re getting a gen 3 engine..if you need help installign it let me know. The gen 3 is the perfect engine to start with...no afm, great turbo, and higher boost make for a gen 3, rx7, gen 4 supra killer right off the bat