PDA

View Full Version : place in calgary to test rim sizes on car

DiEseL86
03-15-2010, 01:04 PM
Hey guys. So I'm in the stages of deciding what size rims I'm thinking of getting for my car. Yes I'm going the keep a factory height and not play with my suspension ( why fix it if its not broken?). But I don't want the really bad 4x4 look. I am rocking a 2003 Accord coupe ( dark blue for that matter ). I'm thinking either 18 or 19 inch rims for the ride. are there any places where I am able to visually see what a rim/tire combo would look on my car locally? Tire Rack.com is mediocre, but doesn't give me an accurate enough decision! Any help would be greatly appreciated! If anyone has pictures also, don't hesitate to post them!

Disoblige
03-15-2010, 01:08 PM
You can't keep factory height if you want a non-factory size wheel/rim when you're looking at 18" and 19". It will look pretty 4x4 if you don't do any suspension.

tirebob
03-16-2010, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Disoblige
You can't keep factory height if you want a non-factory size wheel/rim when you're looking at 18" and 19". It will look pretty 4x4 if you don't do any suspension.

That isn't really true because done properly you are not changing the diameter overall from stock, HOWEVER, it always looks better with a bit of gap cut out for sure! lol

Now you will be hard pressed to find a shop that is willing to mount up wheels and tires just to see how they look on a car for quite a few reasons, first and formost being expense of time and effort incurred. Second, vehicle use different sizes, fitments etc, so you can't just take and mount new stuff together all the time and strip it apart for testing because it dirties up the goods etc, and if you don't buy them, the next guy who comes in to buy those new wheels is gonna wonder why they are not perfectly clean and fresh in the box and that makes selling them more difficult etc.. These are just a few of the reasons why it isn't practical to do what you are asking, and there are other issues as well.

The most realistic thing to do is spend some time checking out the internet for pics of cars similar to yours that people have done up on car forums etc to get a better idea what things look like. Unfortunately it isn't like clothes where you can simply try them on and decide...

sexualbanana
03-16-2010, 01:45 PM
Originally posted by tirebob

That isn't really true because done properly you are not changing the diameter overall from stock, HOWEVER, it always looks better with a bit of gap cut out for sure! lol

But then you get what I call the 'wagon wheel effect'

Scope951
03-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Assuming he can retain that stock wheel diameter with a 19' wheel...

search accord forums online, I highly suggest atleast a lowering spring otherwise that gap will always be there.

dj_honda
03-17-2010, 12:41 AM
http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2162063

scat19
03-24-2010, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Scope951
Assuming he can retain that stock wheel diameter with a 19' wheel...

The ONLY vehicle I know of that can retain 19' wheels are:

http://media.canada.com/51df8522-e0a5-44bf-ad15-5fc7d54dfa34/797.jpg

ercchry
03-24-2010, 09:29 AM
rimtuck.com will help you

here is a 18x8 +32 225/40 and 18x9.5 225/40

http://www.rimtuck.com/photos/1250209329.jpg