PDA

View Full Version : Nice Hotels in LA?

89coupe
03-15-2010, 01:23 PM
Planning some time in LA, wanted to stay at a nice hotel, somewhere in Beverly Hills . Any suggestions?

So far this place seems to be my #1 pick.

http://www.starwoodhotels.com/luxury/property/overview/index.html?propertyID=3171

BigDannyCool
03-15-2010, 01:30 PM
beverly hills hotel

max_boost
03-15-2010, 01:51 PM
Remember to use priceline and just bid for a 4*hotel. That is unless you don't care about money.

will_e_chill
03-15-2010, 01:59 PM
We stayed at the Santa Monica Fairmont which was very nice.

Right across the street from the beach and a short drive from Beverly Hills.

89coupe
03-15-2010, 02:00 PM
Originally posted by max_boost
Remember to use priceline and just bid for a 4*hotel. That is unless you don't care about money.

The only problem with priceline is you don't get to choose which hotel you stay at.

Crymson
03-15-2010, 02:31 PM
Roosevelt is very cool.

JAYMEZ
03-15-2010, 02:33 PM
How come you want to stay in BH?? Kinda boreing there.. I would say stay on the ocean.. When I was little we always stayed in BH .. I guess I got bored of it.

89coupe
03-15-2010, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
How come you want to stay in BH?? Kinda boreing there.. I would say stay on the ocean.. When I was little we always stayed in BH .. I guess I got bored of it.

Just a nice area I guess, we have never been there before so just picking the obvious, thats all.

The GF likes to shop, and we love nice restaurants, so I'm guessing there is both in Beverly Hills.:dunno:

What would you recommend?

max_boost
03-15-2010, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by 89coupe

The only problem with priceline is you don't get to choose which hotel you stay at.

But by picking a 4* hotel you are getting one of the top hotels in the area you want to stay in. I'm sure you can find something else to do with all the cash you save right? Or try hotwire as well.

89coupe
03-15-2010, 03:09 PM

But by picking a 4* hotel you are getting one of the top hotels in the area you want to stay in. I'm sure you can find something else to do with all the cash you save right? Or try hotwire as well.

There are a lot of so called "4 star" hotels in the area. I prefer to choose where I stay.

max_boost
03-15-2010, 03:11 PM

There are a lot of so called "4 star" hotels in the area. I prefer to choose where I stay.

Oh absolutely. It was just a suggestion. I know you got money. :D

psycoticclown
03-16-2010, 02:06 AM
The Pennisula :D

Always a nice place to stay.

Gorilla
03-25-2010, 10:54 AM
Stay in Santa Monica or Venice.. you'll have a better time then staying in BH

dezmarez
03-25-2010, 11:07 AM
renisannce(sp) hotel in hollywood...

really nice hotel...
stayed there a few months ago..

Neil4Speed
03-25-2010, 11:16 AM

Max-Boost, I still use your ages long priceline guide which you posted on here, I for the most part won't get hotels any other way. Never been disappointed, I used it for my Parents east coast vacation and they got to stay in some absolutely spectacular places for a pretty solid price. :thumbsup:

And to the OP, have you consider The Elan Hotel? A friend stayed there a way back and was talking my ear off about how amazing it is. Four Seasons never dissapoints either, so that's another consideration - but typically there are better value for money out there.

sexualbanana
03-25-2010, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Crymson
Roosevelt is very cool.

Originally posted by dezmarez
renisannce(sp) hotel in hollywood...

really nice hotel...
stayed there a few months ago..

Both are very cool. I've stayed in both. Parking can be a bit of a pain since they're both located in the busy parts of Hollywood. I would suggest valet, but that can get pretty pricey after awhile. If you decide to stay at the Rennaisance, I would suggest valet because they use the same parking structure as the Kodak Theatre. Traffic and parking gets insane on weekends because there's basically always an event happening there. Roosevelt's not so much a big deal, but I still used valet because I could.

Just a nice area I guess, we have never been there before so just picking the obvious, thats all.

The GF likes to shop, and we love nice restaurants, so I'm guessing there is both in Beverly Hills.:dunno:

What would you recommend?

The W in Westwood I hear is really nice. Westwood is where UCLA is, and there's always a lot of shopping and dining going on there. It's like a staying on 17th Avenue or Kensington. Also, it's pretty much smack in the middle between Santa Monica and Beverly Hills (and Bel-Air just to the north across Sunset). Westbound Wilshire takes you to Santa Monica. Sunset east takes you to Beverly Hills and West Hollywood (which is where a lot of fun places are like the Viper Room, Whiskey A Go Go, and the Saddle Ranch.

Celica TVS3
03-26-2010, 07:17 AM
My wife and I are heading down for a long weekend in April.

Debating between staying at the Peninsula and the Beverly Wilshire.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks.

sexualbanana
03-27-2010, 12:46 AM
Beverly Wilshire is the one at Rodeo and Wilshire, isn't it? That's pretty high-end, I think.

fcuk_it
03-27-2010, 05:38 PM
everytime i go down there we stay at the andaz hyatt in west hollywood

http://www.westhollywood.andaz.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp

one of the nicer hotels and they have a rooftop patio/pool

Jim Rome99
03-28-2010, 07:14 PM
Hollywood is a total dive. You're far better off getting a place to stay somewhere on the coast, like Santa Monica or even Rodondo Beach.

sexualbanana
03-30-2010, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by Jim Rome99
Hollywood is a total dive. You're far better off getting a place to stay somewhere on the coast, like Santa Monica or even Rodondo Beach.

It's not that bad, just the good stretch of Hollywood Blvd is only about 2 blocks from about Sycamore to Highland. After that, it's just a regular street with nothing special going on.