PDA

View Full Version : Mechanic

Sprockett
03-15-2010, 01:39 PM
I don't usually bring my car to a mechanic but I think I need a rear wheel bearing changed. Anyone have a suggestion where to bring a modified MR2 for a wheel bearing and custom alignment?

If I were to remove the carrier myself, where to bring it to get the bearing spressed out/in?

Thanks,
Ryan

gregrego
03-15-2010, 09:01 PM
Any local machine shop will be able to press the bearing out, and press the new one in. Not sure but, some wheel/suspension shops may have a press that is capable. As for mechanic, what's wrong with Toyota?? I trust them with my Mr2, and they have always done great work, and it's a jdm mr2.

Big_Fat
03-16-2010, 09:08 PM
Originally posted by gregrego
what's wrong with Toyota??

exactly i work at canyon creek toyota we got a press

Sprockett
03-16-2010, 09:24 PM
My original post never suggested anything was wrong with Toyota. That being said, I don't think there's anything particularly advantageous about dealing with them and I've had bad experiences with both the Toyota dealerships up the North service-wise. I just don't feel like giving them my business again.

WALKER
03-17-2010, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Big_Fat

exactly i work at canyon creek toyota we got a press

Do you guys still work on RHD cars? I heard a rumour that Canyon Creek wouldn't do anything on RHD's anymore.

Big_Fat
03-18-2010, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by WALKER

Do you guys still work on RHD cars? I heard a rumour that Canyon Creek wouldn't do anything on RHD's anymore.

no i dont think so