PDA

View Full Version : He who shoots cheapest, wins?

Vagabond142
03-16-2010, 05:55 PM
Just utterly brutal o_O 1:13 is hard to watch

SHeh3tyUL10

calgarys_finest
03-16-2010, 05:59 PM
Ya. He is a good player but hes dirty as hell everychance he gets.

cjay^
03-16-2010, 06:22 PM
5 game suspension plz

C_Dave45
03-16-2010, 06:29 PM
As much as I can't stand that Downie fuck....he's a gutless cheap shot artist...that particular play wasn't all the dirty. He didn't slough-foot Syd....just kinda tangled him up and Crosby's leg got caught in an awkward position.

signature7
03-16-2010, 06:33 PM
I don't like Downie one bit and I am a pretty big Crosby fan, I agree with C_Dave though, I think it was more awkward positioning, and replay made it look really bad from the grimace Crosby made, but I remember watching that game and Sid was fine after the fact. Just glad he's okay.

One day though, Downie is going to push it too far and he'll cry on national tv telling the world, "how he didn't mean to hurt him and how sorry he is blah blah blah".

TorqueDog
03-18-2010, 08:41 AM
I've never liked Downie. Has anyone seen this kid's rap sheet?

Read the first paragraph of 'Playing Career', then check out 'Suspensions'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Steve_Downie#Playing_career

spikerS
03-18-2010, 11:35 AM
man, that was intentional as all hell.

look at what Downie is doing between the 0:40-0:45 mark.

Downie is clearly positioning himself to make Crosby fall like that.

I can't believe that Downie would deliberately try to hurt another player like that, potentially ending his career.

I am not a big crosby fan, but even taking crosby out of the picture, it is my opinion that Downie should be removed from the players union and banned from the NHL indefinately.

beyond_ban
03-18-2010, 11:38 AM
Originally posted by spikers
man, that was intentional as all hell.

look at what Downie is doing between the 0:40-0:45 mark.

Downie is clearly positioning himself to make Crosby fall like that.

I can't believe that Downie would deliberately try to hurt another player like that, potentially ending his career.

I am not a big crosby fan, but even taking crosby out of the picture, it is my opinion that Downie should be removed from the players union and banned from the NHL indefinately.

QFT. He intentionally puts his left leg behind Crosby causing him to fall in the fashion that he does.

Did anyone else notice how he goes into the corner right after and throws an elbow?

Why are players like him in the league? :facepalm:

ekguy
03-18-2010, 11:59 AM
If you watch that video on youtube all the related videos are ALL Downie dirty shots. He's a 1st class douchebag.

if6was9
03-18-2010, 12:01 PM
Disgusting.

It seems like these types of players are mocking Campbell.

Just fuc*kin nasty.