PDA

View Full Version : SRT Challenger sold for $29.1k, dealer refusing to sell

FraserB
03-17-2010, 12:32 AM
http://www.challengertalk.com/forums/f5/new-2009-srt8-challenger-sells-29-1k-34598/

Dealer posts up unreserved auction for a 2009 Challenger which sells for $29,100. After the auction closes, the dealer tries to back out of the sale and refuses to sell the car at the winning bid price.

Buyer has all funds but can't get the dealer to hand over keys. No updates as of 5PM today.

schocker
03-17-2010, 12:35 AM
Haha, how many times will this happen before dealers learn.
That is a pretty nice looking challenger though with that color and those wheels and the 6spd :drool:

chkolny541
03-17-2010, 12:43 AM
i hope it works out for the OP, i would be pissed

SCHIDER23
03-17-2010, 02:03 AM
Lol I though this thread was a repost, but than I remember that other story involved a Genesis, let's hope this guy is also succesful in getting the car at the closing auction price.:thumbsup:

derpderp
03-17-2010, 02:21 AM
Isn't it illegal for the dealer not to hand it over?

heavyD
03-17-2010, 09:04 AM
This seems to be a common thing with car dealers on ebay. I'm pretty sure that they play that cars in hopes that nobody will go through the hassles of getting lawyers involved. However they should be suspended from doing further business on ebay.

Shlade
03-17-2010, 09:36 AM
Go to ford advantage, theyve got their 09 KR Mustangs with a sticker pricer on the window for 56K! The dealer said their actually selling them for 70k, AKA hello law suit, Somebody smart could come along try and buy it, and end up getting the car for free, Stupid ass dealers

Ntense_SpecV
03-17-2010, 09:41 AM
Originally posted by Shlade
Go to ford advantage, theyve got their 09 KR Mustangs with a sticker pricer on the window for 56K! The dealer said their actually selling them for 70k, AKA hello law suit, Somebody smart could come along try and buy it, and end up getting the car for free, Stupid ass dealers

You can not sue for a dealer adjusted markup - they did the exact same thing when the GTR came out.

HondaKid
03-17-2010, 09:59 AM
Bad karma on the dealer for sure, I am posting the dealer info so at least Google can tag the information and out this "Dodgy" dealer who rips-off customers and has a record of false advertising and uses bait and switch practices. Dodge needs to remove this parasite from doing business on their watch.

Glenn E Thomas Dodge Chrysler Jeep
2100 E Spring St
Signal Hill, CA 90755

revelations
03-17-2010, 10:13 AM

What would you like to sue them for, following the "laws" of supply and demand in a free market?

eBay auctions are a contract between two parties - the dealer clearly failed to live up to his

toastgremlin
03-17-2010, 11:15 AM
I heard (not sure if it's true) that eBay Motors sellers also have a grace period of a few days after the auction has completed in order to change the terms of the auction (for instance, setting a reserve). That didn't happen in this case.

I'd say give him the Challenger like you agreed to when you listed it on eBay, fire your "internet sales manager" for not setting a reserve and then chalk it up to a lesson learned.

dino_martini
03-17-2010, 11:41 AM
I'd buy a Challenger just for the pistol grip shifter.

scat19
03-17-2010, 11:48 AM
I'd like to see the outcome of this

King Banana
03-17-2010, 11:57 AM
I remember a very similar situation on the net about 3 or so years ago.

It turned out very badly for the dealership.

Shlade
03-17-2010, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by revelations

What would you like to sue them for, following the "laws" of supply and demand in a free market?

eBay auctions are a contract between two parties - the dealer clearly failed to live up to his

actually its called false advertisement, Their sticker price ON the vehicle says 56k

Unless they refuse to sell it to you for that price, it is false advertisement and could result in a law suit on their company, Read up a little on google, Theres a few stories of dealerships doing this in the states and losing, Therefore resulting in forefiting the vehicle over at that price or for free.

revelations
03-17-2010, 01:02 PM

actually its called false advertisement, Their sticker price ON the vehicle says 56k

Unless they refuse to sell it to you for that price, it is false advertisement and could result in a law suit on their company, Read up a little on google, Theres a few stories of dealerships doing this in the states and losing, Therefore resulting in forefiting the vehicle over at that price or for free.

The sticker is the MSRP, not a binding contract.

Show me links of these cases, but remember that civil law isnt exactly the same here as in the states.

chkolny541
03-18-2010, 12:24 AM
werd, when i googled those cases the scenarios are different, as well as every case occured in the states, where basically you can sue someone over looking at you the wrong way.

chkolny541
03-18-2010, 12:28 AM
that thread is kinda hard to read for me, plus the OP just doesnt really post in it, hes given like 2 updates in 70+ pages

darthVWader
04-06-2010, 12:10 PM
Looks like that forum has turned on him and its being called a hoax. I think it's time for Beyond CSI to step in and clear up that mess.;)

Eleanor
04-06-2010, 12:25 PM
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/22/wow-dealer-honors-challenger-ebay-auction-and-then-some/

darthVWader
04-06-2010, 01:18 PM
Originally posted by Eleanor
http://www.autoblog.com/2010/03/22/wow-dealer-honors-challenger-ebay-auction-and-then-some/

Go back to the Challenger site and jump ahead to page 150 or so and keep skimming until the end.
You will slowly see this turn on Hitman and now the Hoax callers are on him.