PDA

View Full Version : On sale *Updated Frequently*

adidas
03-17-2010, 04:26 PM
As we all know, those of us who body build can attest to how much "clean food" can sometimes cost.

I decided to share with everyone when i come across on sale items at different grocery stores around Calgary. This can range from Low fat/low calorie salad dressing to lean ground beef.

Just some guidelines to follow:

- Post Date the item was found and how long the sale will be running for(if known)
- Store name(If independent, please state address)
- Product
- Cost(per item/per pound/per case)
- Extra info

I will start us off

March 17 unsure of end date

Superstore

Clover Leaf Tuna(different varieties - 85g to 170g)

$0.99

Tuna in Olive Oil, Dill & Lemon, Lemon & Pepper, etc. were at an unlimited quantity for $0.99. While Flaked and Solid Tuna in water were limited at a quantity of 2.

JAYMEZ
03-17-2010, 04:31 PM
^^ Last week they had Clover Leaf Tune 2 for 1 at safeway in Westhills , hopefully it comes back.

Wouldnt mind knowing a good place to get boneless chicken breasts in bulk..

lint
03-17-2010, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ

Costco

A790
03-17-2010, 05:08 PM
Originally posted by JAYMEZ
^^ Last week they had Clover Leaf Tune 2 for 1 at safeway in Westhills , hopefully it comes back.

Safeway has those boxes for $26... there's like 15 breasts in there.

wintonyk
03-19-2010, 08:33 AM
This is great. I will start contributing to this as well. Such a pain when your grocery bill is 500+ a month.

For most your needs costco is the best, I buy 90% of my produce there. 2 lb of spinach is $3 and a 3 lb bag of brocolli is 6 bucks, and my favourite snack Sugarsnap peas are $7 for 2 lbs vs the 10 everywhere else.

Chicken is approx. the same price as the major chains but you get higher quality meat. Lilydale for cost of no name brand.

March 18

Raspberries
Small Container (1/2L maybe)
Regular 4.99 On Sale 2.99

core_upt
03-19-2010, 09:00 AM
Originally posted by A790

Safeway has those boxes for $26... there's like 15 breasts in there.

Here is a link:
http://safeway.ca.inserts2online.com/breakout.jsp?imageName=61867_Pg01_AB_CMYK-05.jpg&isBreakoutImage=false&pageNumber=1&breakoutName=b608231_18.jpg&itemId=

Today is the last day though. But I'm sure they'll be on sale in a few weeks again.

I'll usually buy a couple boxes at a time. I'll thaw half of it and marinade it, bake it, then refreeze it in cooked portions. Super easy to add to lunches.

adidas
03-19-2010, 10:35 AM
The chicken at safeway goes on sale at least once a month from what ive noticed. They taste pretty decent, although they are frozen. Good deal for the money nonetheless.

March 18

Walmart Supercenter(Deerfoot Meadows)

Ground Beef

$5 for 1kg

sdiep
03-26-2010, 08:59 PM
Broccoli has been sale at many of the grocery stores these past few weeks. First it was Sobeys with their dollar days, then Safeway and Superstore followed. :drool:

It's at 99 cents a bunch or 99 cents a pound.
But damn, I need a Costco membership. Too cheap though. I wonder when they will have a membership promo or something.

nrt_vw
03-26-2010, 09:17 PM
^^ a costco membership is definitely worth it

sdiep
04-03-2010, 09:19 AM
Originally posted by nrt_vw

In the mail, I just got a free one-day pass to Costco, haha. I'm planning on hitting up Costco next week.

Anything I should look out for?

wintonyk
04-03-2010, 12:01 PM
I don't know what costco's deal is right now. But when I signed up, I received a 25 dollar gift card and my father who is the member that referred me also got a 25$ gift card. The membership was 55$. Well worth it.

I easily save more than 50 bucks shopping there. Even more so since being bumped up to executive member.

O and newest sale I saw. For those that like/use power bars. Its 2 for $3 at the Co-op.

My costco trips have alot of the same things:

2 lb spinach for $3
5 lb bag of Apples, $6 i think
2 lb of Sugar Snap Peas $7 (usually 10 everywhere else)
Carton Egg whites (3 cartons) Same price as 2 anywhere else.
Clif Builder Bars 18 bars for 20. Vs 1.99 or 2.50 for 1 at grocery store.

Those are my costco staples. Plus meat of course.

captainmorgan
06-03-2010, 03:09 PM
www.barbarianstrengthandfitness.ca

They have a June sale. Awesome prices of kettlebells, olympic plates, bars, dumbbells, yoga mats, cable attachments.

lint
06-03-2010, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by captainmorgan
www.barbarianstrengthandfitness.ca

They have a June sale. Awesome prices of kettlebells, olympic plates, bars, dumbbells, yoga mats, cable attachments.

By "They", you mean you, right?

http://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/captainmorgan0/

captainmorgan
06-03-2010, 03:46 PM
LOL. Caught me :thumbsup:

dsr7723
06-10-2010, 07:41 AM
Originally posted by nrt_vw

IMO no amount of savings is worth having to deal with the crowds and rat race in those places when all you want is groceries. If you know how to shop an watch for sale items, Safeway is your best bet. Waaaay better quality meats and produce if you ask me. Plus Costco is a trap, Superstore and Wholesale Club offer pretty much the same volume discount w/o a membership but those zoos are terrible too and they smell bad and we all know why.