PDA

View Full Version : HKS EVC-S Setup help!?

Brendan_4g63
03-17-2010, 08:47 PM
Anyone in town have an HKS EVC-S?
http://www.hksusa.com/images_products/HKS-EVC-S-Display.jpg

Trying to set it up on my ST205 (3S-GTE) and not having much luck.
All the vacuum lines have been triple checked, so it seems to be a programming problem.

If anyone can post their settings or share any experiences they had setting it up that would be great.

I've been trying different settings and the values described in the book and not getting close to what I want.

I've tried the offset value at 0-20-30-50-100 and in between and doesn't seem to change much, which it should in fact control the actual boost.

Off Set Value: 0-100%. as it is increased, boost value increases.

Response Value: 0-100%. as it is increased boost rises faster. tends to cause hunter/overboosting and vice versa

Over Boost Value: 0-36psi. once boost exceeds this value, control returns to normal mode

Warning Value: 0-36psi. when boost exceeds value, warning function activates.

Drop Value: 0-100% when boost exceeds warning value, boost will be reduced by the drop value from the offset value that set to increase boost.

sr20s14zenki
03-17-2010, 08:52 PM
I found it to be great, two of my friends have it on their cars, and after a bit of playing i had it working perfect. I had the manual at the time tho, so i forget all the particulars off the top of my head. I could help you out maybe if you brought the manual.

sr20s14zenki
03-24-2010, 05:48 AM
Figure it out? I was tuning his on the weekend and know it now (=

Brendan_4g63
03-24-2010, 05:52 AM
Hey thanks forgetting back to me, a friend and I worked on it for a few hours and can't get it working, I think something is doa. I'm gunna call hks when I'm back to town, I'll get back to you when I get a replacement unit.

sr20s14zenki
03-24-2010, 05:56 AM
Sure man good luck.