PDA

View Full Version : parking pad

drclark
03-18-2010, 02:23 PM
Hi guys,

Do you know if I need to get a permit to pour a concrete pad in my backyard for parking?

Thanks.

scat19
03-18-2010, 02:26 PM
3-1-1

CHICHARITZHI
03-18-2010, 10:36 PM
NO need to get a permit, just the garages..

rob the knob
03-20-2010, 07:43 AM
Originally posted by CHICHARITZHI
u need to get a permit, just the garages.. not much sense understand

frozenrice
03-20-2010, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by drclark
Hi guys,

Do you if I need to get a permit to pour a concrete pad in my backyard for parking?

Thanks.

No permit required.

cancer man
03-21-2010, 12:09 PM
All you need is beer and a hot day.Those guys gave me 1/2 yard of concrete free for my deck foundations.
Beer always goes a long way.

sdevils15
03-24-2010, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by drclark
Hi guys,

Do you know if I need to get a permit to pour a concrete pad in my backyard for parking?

Thanks.

How about if you are building a deck?

Rarasaurus
03-24-2010, 02:19 PM
If the deck is over 2 feet high you need a building permit. under that height you do not.

eblend
03-29-2010, 06:25 AM
Does this apply if you are pouring a parking pad for now..but it is actually to be a base for a garage?

I want to build a garage soon, so was wondering if I could pour the pad before getting the permit for the actual structure. I am guessing not since they need to approve the size and all, but just checking

BrknFngrs
03-29-2010, 06:42 AM
Originally posted by eblend
Does this apply if you are pouring a parking pad for now..but it is actually to be a base for a garage?

I want to build a garage soon, so was wondering if I could pour the pad before getting the permit for the actual structure. I am guessing not since they need to approve the size and all, but just checking

I would be cautious just in case you have it poured and later find out that they will only approve the garage if it's moved over 3 feet to the left, etc.

ApexDrift
03-29-2010, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by eblend

Have you found any contractors that will give you quotes? I’ve called 8-9 contactors and they never get back to me i only got 1 quote for a 22’x22’ pad with 1 foot stub/retaining wall for $7500 which is IMO a little pricey

eblend
03-29-2010, 12:07 PM
Originally posted by ApexDrift

Have you found any contractors that will give you quotes? I’ve called 8-9 contactors and they never get back to me i only got 1 quote for a 22’x22’ pad with 1 foot stub/retaining wall for $7500 which is IMO a little pricey

Holly shit that is expensive...let me know what you find, I am looking to get this done soon as well

masoncgy
03-31-2010, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Rarasaurus
If the deck is over 2 feet high you need a building permit. under that height you do not.

If the deck is attached to the structure, but under 2 ft high you still need a permit.

If the deck is under 2 ft and detached, then you're good to go.