PDA

View Full Version : Banff - This time of year?

stealth
03-18-2010, 10:22 PM
Is Banff a good place to check out this time of the year. I have only ever been there during the summer time.

Not planning on doing any snowboarding or skiing or anything like that. Planning on taking the wife for a weekend, as she has never been there. Or would it be better to go during the summer?

FiveFreshFish
03-18-2010, 10:26 PM
Banff is a good place to visit any time of year.

Jeremiah
03-18-2010, 10:27 PM
Personally I find banff extremely dull

CHICHARITZHI
03-18-2010, 10:46 PM
Originally posted by stealth
Is Banff a good place to check out this time of the year. I have only ever been there during the summer time.

Not planning on doing any snowboarding or skiing or anything like that. Planning on taking the wife for a weekend, as she has never been there. Or would it be better to go during the summer?

best place to check in banff

http://www.douglasfir.com/waterslide-pools.html

Redlyne_mr2
03-18-2010, 10:56 PM
If you're not into outdoor activities might as well stay in Calgary,,,er Edmonton. :)

Speed_69
03-18-2010, 11:02 PM
Originally posted by Jeremiah
Personally I find banff extremely dull
:werd: I find it really boring in Banff. It's just nice to see the mountains.

stealth
04-01-2010, 12:56 PM
So I am planning to go this weekend. Where is a better place to stay?

I am deciding between the Fairmont in Lake Louise or the one in Banff...

swak
04-07-2010, 06:54 AM
IMO Lake Louise is FARRR nicer...

But if you like the shopping atmosphere, etc...
Go to banff.

Sugarphreak
04-07-2010, 09:25 AM

stealth
04-07-2010, 10:41 AM
I just went last weekend.

Stayed at the Fairmont in Banff, it was awesome. Nice sized room, and new flatscreen TV.

Busy as shit also.

Next time I will check out RimRock.

slick2404
04-07-2010, 11:19 AM
I'm going at the end of April with a few friends and want to book a cabin...and still be close enough to go the bars.

Any recommendations for ~10 people.

AutodreamFrank
04-07-2010, 05:14 PM
Go to Hidden Ridge resort. They have amazing condo's for rent that will be the prime spot for 10 of your friends to get drunk and go hottubbing. It has wood burning fireplaces and big fire pits around the resort to have fires and stuff like that. i recommend this place.

If your looking for a pub to hit up, go to the rose and crown, and for night clubs go to hoodoo / Aurora night club.....

Best breakfast place is Melissa's, best eggs bennies.

You can go on hikes, lame trail rides on horses. and shop...... And the Hot springs is fun too....

Other than that, Banff is a big tourist trap that eats money quick

DO NOT GO ON THE SULFER MOUNTAIN GONDOLA. biggest rip off ever....

Have fun in banff

swak
04-10-2010, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by stealth

Busy as shit also.

ahahah... its ALWAYS busy in Banff.

The last time i was in Banff, I asked the girl at front desk when the 'dead time' is..
to which she replied, "Theres busy, really busy, then crazy busy... Its always busy."
(This is at the Aspen Lodge, its not the most upscale place, but its a total party joint)

colt22
04-10-2010, 12:07 AM
Canmore = win