dirtsniffer
03-19-2010, 12:16 AM
i dont think it works

icky2unk
03-19-2010, 12:54 AM
it's like the only trailer available on youtube lol

darkkent
03-19-2010, 08:25 AM
http://www.firstshowing.net/2010/03/18/must-watch-nimrod-antals-predators-first-official-trailer/

actually looks decent

Hakkola
03-19-2010, 10:24 AM
Not sure if I like the cast for a Predator movie.

403Gemini
03-19-2010, 10:39 AM
You know what my biggest fucking gripe is with trailers recently... watching that I saw 2-4 of the characters die... if I went back and watched it a few times, looked on imdb, I'll know exactly who it is. WHY DO THEY DO THIS!!! :banghead: It all started with Matrix: Reloaded, I watched that trailer so many times I almost walked out of the movie since the trailer gave so much away.

It's supposed to be a teaser, not a fucking synopsis.

Kloubek
03-19-2010, 10:47 AM
That's Adrien Brody right? (Just making sure) Somehow, he does not come across to me as well-suited for a role of a dangerous killer. He should stick to sitting down, playing a piano.

Boat
03-19-2010, 02:50 PM
I love this (our) generation of entertainment, its all about remakes!!

Its excellent!!

403Gemini
03-19-2010, 03:26 PM
Originally posted by Kloubek
That's Adrien Brody right? (Just making sure) Somehow, he does not come across to me as well-suited for a role of a dangerous killer. He should stick to sitting down, playing a piano.

To my understanding, he is essentially danny glover's character, re-hashed from #2. Basically a tough cop.

Hakkola
03-19-2010, 03:32 PM
Originally posted by Boat
I love this (our) generation of entertainment, its all about remakes!!

Its excellent!!

It's not a remake, it's supposed to be a sequel to the original.

Alterac
03-19-2010, 05:25 PM
Predator 2 was the sequel.. lol.. Predator in the city.. wooo..

Inzane
03-19-2010, 06:01 PM
Looks decent.

My only concern is that similar to alien 3, if the main "heroes" are all a bunch of convicts and/or deadbeats, why will we even care what happens to them? :dunno:

Anyway, the fact they've got Fishbourne in this is a big plus!

Hakkola
03-21-2010, 12:03 PM
Originally posted by Alterac
Predator 2 was the sequel.. lol.. Predator in the city.. wooo..

“Predators”, says Rodriguez, will be a direct sequel to John McTiernan’s 1987 “Predator”, and will not recognize the sequel with Danny Glover, or the series of “Aliens vs. Predator” movies. The plot will find a group of badasses (probably very fully loaded) trapped on a Predator planet.[/B]

http://www.scificool.com/official-predators-sequel-has-its-director-nimrod-antal/

Alterac
03-21-2010, 12:29 PM
Just saying that the movie doesnt recognize the actual sequel, does NOT mean it is now the New Sequel..

Movie producers.. pffft..

LUDELVR
03-21-2010, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by Inzane
Looks decent.

My only concern is that similar to alien 3, if the main "heroes" are all a bunch of convicts and/or deadbeats, why will we even care what happens to them? :dunno:

Anyway, the fact they've got Fishbourne in this is a big plus!

This time, it's not trash they're hunting but rather the elite. They are looking for a challenge this time and with Morpheus in the mix, it should be game over! He just needs to call his main man Neo and the predators are fucked!! ;) :rofl:

Spoons
03-21-2010, 08:56 PM
Originally posted by Hakkola

It's not a remake, it's supposed to be a sequel to the original.

Might as well be. Fucking predator and aliens have been beating to death with a louiseville slugger.

What? 3 Alien movies, 2 Predator movies, and 2 AvP movies, now another Predator movie. Yeah yeah now Predator is a trilogy, but there used to be a time where trilogies where for the elite. Don't get me wrong, I love Aliens and Predator, but this movie just looks fucking dumb.

And you KNOW it isn't going to be all beat-necks. There will be at least one guy who was incorrectly convicted that everyone will fall in love with. This is the first Predator, with regular people instead of the military.

If Arnie couldn't kill him, and the black sarg, sure as hell some regulars won't.

Will not see. I will download illegally. :rofl:

Hakkola
03-21-2010, 09:10 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

And you KNOW it isn't going to be all beat-necks. There will be at least one guy who was incorrectly convicted that everyone will fall in love with. This is the first Predator, with regular people instead of the military.

If Arnie couldn't kill him, and the black sarg, sure as hell some regulars won't.

That's what pisses me off about this movie too. The world's worst killers or some shit? Hardcore :rolleyes: Put a handful of the worlds most hardcore criminals in the forest vs one elite soldier from pretty much any military and I'd put my money on the soldier.

jsn
03-21-2010, 11:38 PM
Originally posted by Spoons

Might as well be. Fucking predator and aliens have been beating to death with a louiseville slugger.

What? 3 Alien movies, 2 Predator movies, and 2 AvP movies, now another Predator movie. Yeah yeah now Predator is a trilogy, but there used to be a time where trilogies where for the elite. Don't get me wrong, I love Aliens and Predator, but this movie just looks fucking dumb.

Yes it's been beaten to death, but I love the series so I'll still watch it. I don't watch it for the story because the plot for both the aliens and predator series have always been mediocre at best. I just watch it to see predators and aliens killing stuff, so I think it'll be great. AVP 2 had a pretty bad plot, but I liked it just because you got to see a predator and predalien fight.

LadyLuck
07-13-2010, 12:47 PM
Saw it on the weekend....terrible terrible movie. Adrian Brody's acting was really cheesy, along with everyone else in the movie.

I wouldn't even recommend renting this crap!

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

jsn
07-13-2010, 01:01 PM
I liked it. Plot was stupid, but these movies never have a good plot. I'm a pretty big fan of the series, and I got pretty much exactly what i was looking for: Predators killing people.

EK 2.0
07-13-2010, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by LadyLuck

Saw it on the weekend....terrible terrible movie. Adrian Brody's acting was really cheesy, along with everyone else in the movie.

I wouldn't even recommend renting this crap!

:thumbsdow :thumbsdow :thumbsdow

x2...

Only thing good about the movie was the chicken fingers dipping sauce...

LadyLuck
07-13-2010, 01:03 PM
Originally posted by EK 2.0

x2...

Only thing good about the movie was the chicken fingers dipping sauce...

You see...I'm always right, too bad you only enjoyed the last piece of chicken with the sauce and not both of them like you were supposed to! :drool:

EK 2.0
07-13-2010, 01:05 PM

You see...I'm always right, too bad you only enjoyed the last piece of chicken with the sauce and not both of them like you were supposed to! :drool:

Ok I lied...TWO things great about the movie...

Yes the chicken fingers dipping sauce...AND more importantly...the company...

And in my defense...I even eat my McNuggets without sauce....

But yes, you are always right...

msommers
07-13-2010, 01:09 PM
I love to comment about Arnie! "There was a soldier who survived in the jungle, by covering himself in mud to avoid detection" :rofl: Get to the choppa!

LadyLuck
07-13-2010, 01:10 PM

Ok I lied...TWO things great about the movie...

Yes the chicken fingers dipping sauce...AND more importantly...the company...

Well someone had to hold you when the big bad predators jumped out...

ssssss'kiddin:poosie:

EK 2.0
07-13-2010, 01:18 PM

Well someone had to hold you when the big bad predators jumped out...

ssssss'kiddin:poosie:

Well, maybe I was just playing scared so that you would hold me...:love:

And....skadoooosh...it worked like a charm...:bigpimp:

LadyLuck
07-13-2010, 01:24 PM

Well, maybe I was just playing scared so that you would hold me...:love:

And....skadoooosh...it worked like a charm...:bigpimp:

So smooth I didn't even see it coming.....god you're good!

maxomilll
07-13-2010, 01:49 PM
They should have used the Expendables crew. :guns: :guns:

maxomilll
07-13-2010, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by msommers
I love to comment about Arnie! "There was a soldier who survived in the jungle, by covering himself in mud to avoid detection" :rofl: Get to the choppa!

Not only that, the mother fucker survived a nuclear BLAST behind a tree stump

TeHashu
07-13-2010, 02:35 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBv4AsGVDxw

for some reason inserting this doesnt work

urbannomad
07-13-2010, 04:26 PM
I fucking hated it.

Worst movie of life....really...Adrien Brody? REALLY? What the hell was up with his voice..."yeah...I'm a bad Mother'f'er" voice.....was terrible. Christian bale would've done the voice better.

It was shitty all over.
I was surrounded by a bunch of nerds that were commenting on every little piece that referenced it back to the original. and giggling for no fucking reason...story was whack...couldn't leave because i tagged along with a bunch of friends. :cry:
Just god awful

ericchoweg
07-13-2010, 04:31 PM
Wow look at the e-mack go you 2 should just get a room :poosie:

Redlined_8000
07-13-2010, 04:41 PM
The movie is amazing I just saw it. This is gonna be one of my favorite movies for a long time. If your not a little bitch like urbannomad and liked the first predator movie, your gonna love this one.

jsn
07-13-2010, 04:54 PM
^^:werd: I don't get why everyones crying about how bad a movie it is. If you aren't a fan of the series, you aren't going to like this movie, or any other predator movie for that matter so don't go watch it. Plain and simple. Don't go watch a predator movie expecting a deep story line/character development and amazing Oscar winning performances.

ewetzelx7
07-14-2010, 04:56 AM
I completely agree with JSN. Movie is ridiculously awesome.

heavyD
07-14-2010, 07:08 AM
Lot's of disparity between opinions. I'm a fan of the 1st movie so it's hard to get a feel when one side says terrible and the other awesome.

EK 2.0
07-14-2010, 07:23 AM
Originally posted by ericchoweg

Wow look at the e-mack go you 2 should just get a room :poosie:

Who's to say we didn't after the weksos movie??

rufi0
07-14-2010, 08:14 AM
watched it last night. pretty fun movie overall and had a couple of funny jokes. i'd say as good or better than the first and better than the second one

colinxx235
07-14-2010, 08:30 AM
^

In no way was that movie as good as the first... you can never replace Arnold

the movie was entertaining is about all I can draw from it, and that's what I would expect from it