PDA

View Full Version : VW Clutches

Shlade
03-19-2010, 12:30 PM
I went and looked at a GTI today, the clutch felt very soft, almost to the floor soft and when i shifted gears, you almost had to let off the clutch super slow as it would of springed right back right away, All the gears cought perfectly, no problems whats so ever,

Basically asking the VW guys if thats normal? its a VR6 btw

btimbit
03-19-2010, 01:17 PM
I'm sure it's normal. Whenever I start driving my Jetta in the spring, it always takes me a while to get used to. All the pedals seem very soft.

Anyway, yeah, it's normal. Odd at first, but normal.

adidas
03-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Do the clutch test on it and see if it will need replacing soon.

My vr6 clutch with lightened flywheel on a 1.8T is very stiff...its hard to tell you if its normal or not without trying it out.

Vdubbin
03-19-2010, 01:47 PM
It may also indicate that the auto-adjusting tension cable needs to be replaced. I know on my mk3 vr and my brothers we've both got the cables replaced with a manual adjusting cable and it's a very tight and short response to the clutch.

adidas
03-19-2010, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by Vdubbin
It may also indicate that the auto-adjusting tension cable needs to be replaced. I know on my mk3 vr and my brothers we've both got the cables replaced with a manual adjusting cable and it's a very tight and short response to the clutch.

i have a feeling hes talking about a mk4 which are hydraulic!