PDA

View Full Version : Aussie Rules bar info

rinny
03-19-2010, 12:45 PM
I was planning on heading to Aussie Rules tomorrow night for my birthday and thought calling a week in advance for a reservation would suffice- turns out the place books up 4-6 weeks in advance!!

The lady had said that you could come around 9pm and when they evaluate the space in the bar they may or may not let people in.

Has anyone been there? Do you know if generally, they keep enough space for people to drop in? Im not sure if the whole place is tables or if there is standing room as well...

Any insight is appreciated!

sputnik
03-19-2010, 12:48 PM
I have been there a couple of times and it was packed both times.

Lots of parties and stag/stagettes are always booked there.

R-Audi
03-19-2010, 01:21 PM
If you are going with a large group.. be careful with your bill. Ive been twice and both times there were 'fishy' happenings. It could just be shady servers.. but the manager was certainly no help when it was brought to their attention.

Orbie
03-19-2010, 02:25 PM
It's primarily tables and seats actually (not like people really sit in them as the night goes on), there is a bar but with limited room. Whenever I've been there we've always had a reservations so not sure how it works if you don't.

rinny
03-19-2010, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the insight. Probably going to be a change of plans. Any other funner places than just your average pubs that people can recommend? Kind of a last minute thing here....