PDA

View Full Version : Recommended Calgary shop for RHD cars? Need some work done on an Aristo.

Big C
03-19-2010, 05:01 PM
Hey guys,

I am wondering if anyone can recommend me a good shop to get some work done on my Aristo. Seems like a one of the belt pulleys is starting to seize up which I'd like to get fixed... I had it at Heninger a little while ago and they had no clue how to source parts for it? :dunno:

Any recommendations? :)

Edit:

Wow my signature is out of date...

03-19-2010, 05:21 PM
I'll be the first one to post the obiligatory:

"You will have to send it to japan, only they can fix jdm cars"

sr20s14zenki
03-19-2010, 05:21 PM
wow, are dealerships retarded? what kind of techs are working for these places?How soon do you need it looked at?

narou
03-19-2010, 05:23 PM
Get the parts yourself and take it to NAPA or something.

Kardon
03-19-2010, 05:28 PM
You might need to go through lexus, RCTS could get me anything I needed for my Aristo, and they do great work.

Big C
03-19-2010, 05:35 PM
Originally posted by 410440
I'll be the first one to post the obiligatory:

"You will have to send it to japan, only they can fix jdm cars"
Interesting concept, I'll have it on the next boat over....

Originally posted by sr20s14zenki
wow, are dealerships retarded? what kind of techs are working for these places?How soon do you need it looked at?
It's not critical. It's still driveable, but squeels a bit on cold start (the colder the worse it is). Once it gets spinning it ok. But it is definitely getting slightly worse ever so slowly.

Originally posted by narou
Get the parts yourself and take it to NAPA or something.
I'd love to, but I need a bit of diagnosis done to figure out exactly what's needed.

Originally posted by Kardon
You might need to go through lexus, RCTS could get me anything I needed for my RCTS, and they do great work.
Does Lexus service typically run more than Toyota?

Thanks for the responses so far :thumbsup:

Kardon
03-19-2010, 05:40 PM
Originally posted by Big C
Does Lexus service typically run more than Toyota?

Well just shit like balljoints (I'm sure you're gonna want to do them eventually) they need to go through lexus to get the parts (cause its a GS300).

DayGlow
03-19-2010, 05:57 PM
Right Place Auto

Big C
03-19-2010, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by DayGlow
Right Place Auto
I googled this and couldn't find anything?

Unless you are referring to Right Price Auto from the 10 page thread below... :barf:

SRT10Killer
03-19-2010, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by Big C
Hey guys,

I am wondering if anyone can recommend me a good shop to get some work done on my Aristo. Seems like a one of the belt pulleys is starting to seize up which I'd like to get fixed... I had it at Heninger a little while ago and they had no clue how to source parts for it? :dunno:

Any recommendations? :)

Edit:

Wow my signature is out of date...

It's not that they have no clue how to secure parts, it's just they don't want to deal with RHD cars.

every single pulley is interchangeable with the 2jz engine....

contact curt aiger for the cheapest possible 2jz parts..

[email protected]

or go to driftmotion.com for 1jz/2jz parts

Hatchback Hero
03-19-2010, 08:31 PM
Originally posted by Kardon

Well just shit like balljoints (I'm sure you're gonna want to do them eventually) they need to go through lexus to get the parts (cause its a GS300).

From what I understand myself I'll second Kardon's advice. They are the same car except where right hand drive factors apply.

I really wanted to get an Aristo! The trails to face I couldn't man up to!

Kardon
03-19-2010, 08:40 PM
Aristo was my first car, I think it was also my nicest.