PDA

View Full Version : Ebay titanium exhausts??

littledan
12-04-2003, 01:28 PM
debating back and forth about my exhaust setup right now... going either custom (ghetto) or for a full greddy evo2 catback...

what do you guys think about these cheap ebay mufflers?? holy shit i can't believe i just typed that! well.. no one makes a titanium exhaust can for my car as far as i know and i've been debating buying some mandrel bends, a muffler, and a resonator and welding it all together... any +/-? this muffler is made by tsudo... any experiences with these?

http://a6.g.akamai.net/7/6/443/v001/tctest.download.akamai.com/3102/WWE/_!/real%20carbon%20titanium.jpg
http://a6.g.akamai.net/7/6/443/v001/tctest.download.akamai.com/3102/WWE/_!/titanium_tip.jpg

littledan
12-04-2003, 01:30 PM
[ img ] tags aren't working for some reason...??

sputnik
12-04-2003, 02:16 PM
what would be the benefits of titanium exaust over stainless?

weight would be so negligable it would be easier just to take the spare change our of your pockets... but im sure buying a Ti exaust system would do that for you too

4wheeldrift
12-04-2003, 06:38 PM
Originally posted by sputnik
what would be the benefits of titanium exaust over stainless?

weight would be so negligable it would be easier just to take the spare change our of your pockets... but im sure buying a Ti exaust system would do that for you too You'd be surprised actually, dropping 30-40lbs of weight from a titanium exhaust is not unheard of, and its weight that is low in the chassis and at the extreme ends of the car.

littledan
12-05-2003, 10:51 AM
100 people looking but only 2 replying??? come on you lazy people... give me some opinions!:tongue:

DeSi
12-05-2003, 10:57 AM
mostly the weight

EK 2.0
12-05-2003, 11:05 AM
If you do a full Ti exhaust then yeah go for the weight savings..you pay A LOT more though...if you are only going with a Ti backbox, then custom everything...

I mean the GReddy piece you are looking for is a great one...IMO GReddy pieces are very sweet sounding...Just you pay for GReddy am I right??

I would definetly go the custom route...Its what i did, and now Re-doing on my Talon...I am going for a whole new look and effiicency...Save some cash, and be orginal...this is what I would do...

My $.02

2000impreza
12-05-2003, 11:14 AM
that looks like a universal muffler with a titanium tip. weight saving will little to none as the rest of your piping will have to be custom made in aluminized/stainless steel. IMO greddy evo is a much better exhaust than any no name universal muffler off ebay. if you want real titanium exhaust look into JIC exhaust systems.

littledan
12-05-2003, 11:36 AM
^^shiet there is no way i could afford a full ti exhaust.. i just want the titanium can... i would buy stainless mandrel bends to be welded together...