PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Pathfinder wont stay running...

SR240SX
03-22-2010, 12:57 PM
Not sure if I put the in the right section but, Anyways..

Just last night I went to go to the store and when I went to start my truck it wouldnt start, So when cranking it I gave it some gas and it finnaly fired up...Once started it wouldnt stay running unless i kept my foot on the gas...Does anyone have any idea where I should start looking? It seems to sound normal when running but it just slowly dies when I let off the gas..

Any ideas before I have to get it towed somewhere and spend a shit load of money??

:banghead:

ercchry
03-22-2010, 01:04 PM
fuel pump? possibly the control unit for the fuel pump? (dunno if pathfinder has this but my Q did)

SR240SX
03-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Doubt it being the fuel pump now? I just went to start it now and it started up no problem...and its running perfectly fine........weird..

ercchry
03-22-2010, 04:30 PM
sounds like what my issue was, fuel pump on the Q starts to draw more current when it starts to die, then that heats up the solder joints on the control unit... then you get faulty connections and idle/accel issues... then it sits or whatever, cools and/or heats up again and cools... then works fine again

SR240SX
03-22-2010, 04:48 PM
Anyway to know for sure? what did you end up replacing when it happend? the pump or control unit?

CelicaST-162
03-22-2010, 05:15 PM
Having it towed and getting the problem figured out sounds like the best idea. Check out some Nissan truck forums, if you can't find your answer there time to shell out some money.